Hibs v Hearts - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs v Hearts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

I downloaded the periscope app. How do you find the link for the game? Can't seem to find a search option 

Bottom right of app,click on the 3 bodies. 

Type heartsvhibs and it should come up. 

Over 1300 watching it just now,the comments are rather amusing too.

One guy keeps asking her for replays :lol:

Tale of two halfs like the first game. Hibs should have been 2-0 up at half time, Cummings missed another one on one.  Second half Hibs sat back with Hearts hoofing the ball into the box at every opportunity.

Sending offs were strange, didnt merit them I think, especially when the ref shat it earlier by not sending off the Hearts no.14 when he was on a booking.

Not a classic, but we got the result and another premier league scalp.  

9 minutes ago, giblet said:

Tale of two halfs like the first game. Hibs should have been 2-0 up at half time, Cummings missed another one on one.  Second half Hibs sat back with Hearts hoofing the ball into the box at every opportunity.

Sending offs were strange, didnt merit them I think, especially when the ref shat it earlier by not sending off the Hearts no.14 when he was on a booking.

Not a classic, but we got the result and another premier league scalp.  

I assume Cummings got booked for Hibs goal celebration and the second one for kicking the ball away.

Dont know what Augustyns second booking was for? 

Pallardos foul was his first after his yellow and certainly wasn't a yellow, Neilson rightly subbed him before he fouled again. 

Would like to see the two disallowed goals again, looked right from behind the goal. 

Like the first game but we didn't get that wee but of luck where the ball breaks to you in the box that Hibs got in the first game but that's football. 

4 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

I assume Cummings got booked for Hibs goal celebration and the second one for kicking the ball away.

Dont know what Augustyns second booking was for? 

Pallardos foul was his first after his yellow and certainly wasn't a yellow, Neilson rightly subbed him before he fouled again. 

Would like to see the two disallowed goals again, looked right from behind the goal. 

Like the first game but we didn't get that wee but of luck where the ball breaks to you in the box that Hibs got in the first game but that's football. 

quick highlights on skysports news, both your goals clearly offside.  Augustyn got booked for throwing the ball "aggressively", tbh it didnt look much.  Likewise Cummings got his second yellow for kicking the ball away, only after the Hearts players went mental at the ref (which you cant blame them for given he had sent off Augustyn just before).

Neilsons record against us is starting to look poor.  Paterson is a good right back, think your tactic though of getting the ball to him and then he hoofs it into the box seems a bit "overused".  

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

quick highlights on skysports news, both your goals clearly offside.  Augustyn got booked for throwing the ball "aggressively", tbh it didnt look much.  Likewise Cummings got his second yellow for kicking the ball away, only after the Hearts players went mental at the ref (which you cant blame them for given he had sent off Augustyn just before).

Neilsons record against us is starting to look poor.  Paterson is a good right back, think your tactic though of getting the ball to him and then he hoofs it into the box seems a bit "overused".  

Fair enough, it did take the linesman an age to flag for the first one and neither had to go that early to be offside.

Neilsons record in the bigger games is awful and his comments after both derbys have been laughable. 

You team played their fair share of hoofball tonight ? Anywhere will do in the second half. 

i would say good luck for the rest of the competition but we both know I wouldnt mean it 

6 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Fair enough, it did take the linesman an age to flag for the first one and neither had to go that early to be offside.

Neilsons record in the bigger games is awful and his comments after both derbys have been laughable. 

You team played their fair share of hoofball tonight ? Anywhere will do in the second half. 

i would say good luck for the rest of the competition but we both know I wouldnt mean it 

lol, I accept that.  When your first went in, there seemed to be about 5 seconds of you lot going mental then the slow realisation it was disallowed kicked in.  

A beautiful moment! :lol:

Second half we did seem to be just wanting to get ball into your half, Oxley in goal was a bloody nightmare with his kicks.

13 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It doesn't say much for the premiership considering Hearts are 11 points clear in third and have taken points of both the teams in first and second

Thats 5 games against premiership opposition Hibs are undefeated in this season

We have got beat by Aberdeen both times we have played them in the league. 

Neilson seems to be able to set out the team most weeks to do a job. It was the same last season, we won the league by such a distance because of our record against the teams from 4th to 10th 

when it comes to the bigger games like Celtic, rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs, 4 wins in 18 games isn't really good enough. 

Still unconvinced by him. 

as a neutral that was fun, both teams were equally bad - hearts in first and hibs in the second...but i reckon the conditions had a bit to do with it....seemed like a hurricane in one corner and summer in another.....c

crackin goal by hibs, hearts missed a siiter and was too far away to see the first offside..second one a mile off....

sendings off were comical, hibs keeper could have went for his time wasting if the ref was being stupidly consistent...

old bill standing in front of hibs fans filming them, where else do you get treated like that in life... 

7 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

as a neutral that was fun, both teams were equally bad - hearts in first and hibs in the second...but i reckon the conditions had a bit to do with it....seemed like a hurricane in one corner and summer in another.....c

crackin goal by hibs, hearts missed a siiter and was too far away to see the first offside..second one a mile off....

sendings off were comical, hibs keeper could have went for his time wasting if the ref was being stupidly consistent...

old bill standing in front of hibs fans filming them, where else do you get treated like that in life... 

you will be getting a season ticket for us soon!  

Good atmosphere last night, but not a lot of football on show. Weather wouldn't have helped I guess. Result is all that matters in a derby though. Hibs deserve to go through, they have been the better team over the piece. We should have won it from 2-0 down in the first leg, but didn't. From there Hibs have looked to have had the momentum. I'm told the offside calls were right, but the officiating was poor all the same.