Hibs v Hearts - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs v Hearts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It doesn't say much for the premiership considering Hearts are 11 points clear in third and have taken points of both the teams in first and second

Thats 5 games against premiership opposition Hibs are undefeated in this season

Maybe you haven't watched much football for a while but for pretty much the last 10 years there's been little or no difference between the teams in the top league and the league below (OF aside).

Championship clubs have regularly knocked out Premiership clubs for years now in the cups, and the number of lower league teams that have appeared in semi-finals or even finals proves that there's little or no difference when it comes to one-off games.

Hibs have the 5th biggest budget in the country so why it should be a shock when they win a cup match against a Premiership team, I've no idea.

I've long been an advocate of a 16 or 18 team top league, simply because of that fact that there's little difference between the overall standard of teams in the top 2 leagues.

43 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Proof, if proof were needed, that the two best teams in Scotland (outwith Celtic) play in the Championship. Well done Hibernian, our lower league brethren and fellow giant killers!

:lol:

I presume you're still steaming this morning after your...cough....'giant killing' ??

:P

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It doesn't say much for the premiership considering Hearts are 11 points clear in third and have taken points of both the teams in first and second

Hearts haven't taken any points from AFC this season. They did beat us in the cup though. 

9 minutes ago, giblet said:

Hanlon, Bartley and Cummings out for quarter final however we have Fontaine, McGeouch, Fyvie and Dagnall to come in.

by the way, this Jambo perspective of Cummings goal is rather splendid.

I thought Bartley was by far you best player over the two games. 

From a scotland point of view it was pretty obvious there is nobody in either team ready for a call up. 

12 hours ago, dan cake said:

Hopefully some obsessed clown will post some comments from hibs.net for our entertainment, or maybe not :lol:

Levein must stay

Im sure if they continue to post like grade one paranoid wallopers someone will.

And hopefully some obsessed Hibs banger will continue to post random comments about Hearts fans not posting in other threads.

Or maybe not.

Fair play to Hibs though. Better team over the 2 games and wanted it more. Stubbs seems to have Neilsons number.

Edited by neil r

51 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

I thought Bartley was by far you best player over the two games. 

From a scotland point of view it was pretty obvious there is nobody in either team ready for a call up. 

I think Paterson is a decent shout for a call up, would rather McGinn was left alone for now.

6 minutes ago, giblet said:

I think Paterson is a decent shout for a call up, would rather McGinn was left alone for now.

Were you there last night :blink:

after having been our best player for the first half of the season he has been pretty poor recently and last night he was awful, together with Juanma and pollardo who were a shockingly bad as well, poor delivery, kept getting caught out of position and just about gifted Cummings a goal before Alexander bailed him out with a great save. 

I thought Don Cowie was our best player by far last night, not his position out on the wing but once he moved inside with Djoum he looked excellent.

Slightly concerning that the hearts website gave man of the match to Juanma :blink:

4 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Were you there last night :blink:

after having been our best player for the first half of the season he has been pretty poor recently and last night he was awful, together with Juanma and pollardo who were a shockingly bad as well, poor delivery, kept getting caught out of position and just about gifted Cummings a goal before Alexander bailed him out with a great save. 

I thought Don Cowie was our best player by far last night, not his position out on the wing but once he moved inside with Djoum he looked excellent.

Slightly concerning that the hearts website gave man of the match to Juanma :blink:

have you seen Hutton lately? :o  I think Paterson would give us some attacking options and he is pretty solid at the back, cant think of another alternative right back at the moment.

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

have you seen Hutton lately? :o  I think Paterson would give us some attacking options and he is pretty solid at the back, cant think of another alternative right back at the moment.

Fair point. 

Looks like Paterson might well be moving on in the summer anyway, will be interesting to see how he develops 

21 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

absolutely, as bad as it was to lose yesterday its probably nothing compared to what you felt that day 

Absolutely!!

but the best thing about it though is I know it's tainted, you know it's tainted and I know that you know that I know you know it's tainted

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Absolutely!!

but the best thing about it though is I know it's tainted, you know it's tainted and I know that you know that I know you know it's tainted

No the best thing was us lifting the cup.

if you want to cling onto the fact you believe it's tainted like a comfort blanket then you fire on. 

6 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Why was the crowd only 19,433 last night? Looked full and didn't notice any empty seats? 

Whenever I've done hospitality you just go through the main entrance and don't scan in. I'm sure a good percentage of the big block of black padded seats in the FF don't scan either as you always see streams of folk coming through from the bar straight into the concourse