Top 5 Best Cities In The World - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Top 5 Best Cities In The World

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I forgot to stick Gothenburg into my list. Fantastic city only tarnished by the fact that you have to pay to put your coat into the cloakrooms in pubs if it's wet, whether you like it or not. We went in a snowy November so going on a pub crawl was therefore be an even more expensive experience, particularly because some of the pubs also have little blackjack tables in them.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Have to break it down like Rossy otherwise it's just impossible. In no particular order...

Worldwide : New York, Tokyo, San Francisco, Bangkok, Santa Barbara.

Europe : Stockholm, Prague, Kraków, Paris, Düsseldorf.

U.K.: Glasgow, Inverness, London, Bristol, Leeds.

Lucca

Siena

Budapest

Venice (out of season)

Banff, Alberta - City :wink2:

Glasgow goes without saying.

How could I forget Rovinj, the beautiful Rovinj. Banff has to go.

Barcelona could have been in there if I hadn't spent all my time in Gaudi's buildings,there's still lots to see.

Why is that? For a large city with so much going for it, why on earth is it such a wasteland in terms of decent pubs and bars?

I think it's a case of the public gets what the public wants - the average Weegie seems happy with the poor choice on offer (succinctly summed up in TartanJon's earlier post - although that might have been in the London thread).

A list would be futile in my case because I haven't been to many cities outside the UK. But I have been to both Rome and Vienna. Rome was great, but I enjoyed Vienna far more. Stunning city, really blew me away.

In the UK I like glasgow, liverpool, Manchester, York and Edinburgh. Enjoyed visiting London a few times but I prefer medium-sized cities. Too many people

A list would be futile in my case because I haven't been to many cities outside the UK. But I have been to both Rome and Vienna. Rome was great, but I enjoyed Vienna far more. Stunning city, really blew me away.

In the UK I like glasgow, liverpool, Manchester, York and Edinburgh. Enjoyed visiting London a few times but I prefer medium-sized cities. Too many people

Although not a city Brighton is a great place to visit

The cities I have enjoyed the most are

Tokyo

Buenos Aires

Hong Kong

Prague (before the tourists)

Ghent

Can't put them in order because they are all different and I can't really rank different but equally good experiences

Betty granted it city status in 2001. Cracking place - I've only been once but a return visit is definitely on the agenda.

I really want to go back. We went in the middle of a ridiculous storm so couldn't appreciate it as much as I think I would. It seemed a great place. Also need a return trip to Bristol as I wasn't there long enough.