January Transfer News - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be irrelevant if his release clause was met. That would be money going from Caley to Stevenage.

What I've heard is Aberdeen met his release clause but wanted to pay in installments and Caley wanted it paid in full. Aberdeen wouldn't/couldn't do that.

It had nothing to do with payment terms.

Well, it was a director that told me and I suspect he knows a lot more than the stuff you're spouting.

Of course it was. You still haven't said what the reason is.

Are you one of those people who go online and say they have inside information but then won't say what it is. They are generally full of bull.

Edited by iainmac1

Are you one of those people who go online and say they have inside information but then won't say what it is. They are generally full of bull.

Erm no. I happen to know one of the many directors of Aberdeen football Club. Is that really so inconceivable to you? I was only trying to tell you the reason for the deal having not gone through yet had nothing to do with payment terms, which is what said Director told me following the meeting we had today. Yet you saw fit to call me a liar? Bizarre.

The reason is there is quite a bit of needle between the ICT chairman and the powers that be at Pittodrie. The latter have been quite derogatory to ICT in the past and also how they conducted themselves in the pursuit of Shinnie.

There was absolutely no way on earth ICT were going to sell Tansey to Aberdeen today.

Aberdeen have nobody to blame but themselves for this

Five players out and a reserve keeper & a striker who's scored six goals in seven seasons in for Aberdeen.

It doesn't sound very good when you say it like that.

It can only be down to budget, surely. Or am I missing something else?

The reason is there is quite a bit of needle between the ICT chairman and the powers that be at Pittodrie. The latter have been quite derogatory to ICT in the past and also how they conducted themselves in the pursuit of Shinnie.

There was absolutely no way on earth ICT were going to sell Tansey to Aberdeen today.

There is a needle but I believe that ICT are upset because we knew the release clause figure in Tansey's contract. It was supposedly confidential. Storm brewing - and not one with a stupid name.

There is a needle but I believe that ICT are upset because we knew the release clause figure in Tansey's contract. It was supposedly confidential. Storm brewing - and not one with a stupid name.

Rubbish. What would be the point in putting a clause in if it is "confidential" a club could bid and bid and bid and not come close to what the the clause is if it's "confidential" so what would be the point of that? Aberdeen have been a bit naughty here and tapped him up i believe. They really don't conduct themselves well when it comes to dealing with ICT for whatever reason.

Have to say i don't blame the ICT chairman for not selling to them.

Rubbish. What would be the point in putting a clause in if it is "confidential" a club could bid and bid and bid and not come close to what the the clause is if it's "confidential" so what would be the point of that? Aberdeen have been a bit naughty here and tapped him up i believe. They really don't conduct themselves well when it comes to dealing with ICT for whatever reason.

Have to say i don't blame the ICT chairman for not selling to them.

I admire ICT for not rolling over. I would be hacked off if someone came in on last transfer day and tried to sneak our best player away. Apparently this is a large part of the reason though.

We've got a poorer squad than we had at the start of January. Ward, Quinn and goodie away (as well as our back up right back and useless back up winger).

I'm sure we can win the league with zero cover at rb, CB, wing and striker. :ok:

You're just making that up, aren't you ?

Maybe you could produce some evidence of this ?

Maybe ICT are just annoyed that a couple of their players have moved to Aberdeen in the past. I don't know, but they're entitled not to sell him at this moment if that's what they want. Whether it'll do them any good to keep a player that apparently wanted to move, that's up to them.