January Transfer News - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on Nicky Law.

He's not going to get the money he's on at Rangers anywhere else, so can't see him leaving before the summer.

Why would he half (or worse) his wages 6 months before he had to?

I've been wondering about that too. The only thing that might tempt him would be guaranteed first team football.

Suppose it depends on what his motivation is.

I would have thought we would have offered him an extension on a reduced rate by now though.

Rumour is that he is on ridiculous wages (£15k per week) and we want to get him off the books.

He is a decent player though and would like to see him stay but not sure he is worth what we are paying hime.

Is that the same source who claimed that Lee McCulloch was on about £20k per week when the truth (according to the man himself anyway) was that he wasn't on anything close to that?

I suspect Nicky Law isn't on £15k/week. A baseless assumption admittedly, but I would hae my doots.

Just on Nicky Law.

He's not going to get the money he's on at Rangers anywhere else, so can't see him leaving before the summer.

Why would he half (or worse) his wages 6 months before he had to?

Maybe he's been told that his contract isn't getting renewed and he wants to sort out his future now rather than in the summer when he's earning nowt? Maybe Rangers are going to supplement the shortfall in wages in order to push through the O'Halloran deal?

I reckon he's capable of a move to the Championship in England who are likely to pay similar wages to us so a move to St J on lower wages would be a bit strange but as I've suggested above, there are many variables, all of which are complete guesswork.

Maybe he's been told that his contract isn't getting renewed and he wants to sort out his future now rather than in the summer when he's earning nowt? Maybe Rangers are going to supplement the shortfall in wages in order to push through the O'Halloran deal?

I reckon he's capable of a move to the Championship in England who are likely to pay similar wages to us so a move to St J on lower wages would be a bit strange but as I've suggested above, there are many variables, all of which are complete guesswork.

Yeah, was just to refute the claims he's leaving as Rangers want him off the wage bill.

The sort of teams I've seen suggested (this topic came up on the 'well forum a few weeks back) wouldn't be able to match his wage. So Rangers would probably need to pay him off, which seems kind of pointless if shifting him is a cost cutting excercise...

He's not motivated by money anyway!

:P

(Or at least that was his claim when fielding tweets from disgruntled 'well fans, having just dropped 3 leagues and tripled his wages.)

Hearing Blair Alston from Falkirk to Aberdeen might be a go'er today

Another midfielder ? How many do we need..

Did he not sign for St Johnstone?

They apparently contacted Falkirk about a pre-contract. Nothing heard after that...

Another midfielder ? How many do we need..

They apparently contacted Falkirk about a pre-contract. Nothing heard after that...

Apparently the Griffiths deal not dead yet either?!

Latest is that a striker is still being dicussed, I note Macguire has just left Rotherham....

Latest is that a striker is still being dicussed, I note Macguire has just left Rotherham....

A lot of folk putting 1 and 1 together on that one..... he is on loan at Oxford just now, and looks like will be signing full time for them as they are about to sell one of their strikers to WBA today.

A lot of folk putting 1 and 1 together on that one..... he is on loan at Oxford just now, and looks like will be signing full time for them as they are about to sell one of their strikers to WBA today.

think his loan has ended at Oxford

I assume its Roofe thats away to WBA? shame i was hoping to see him play for them in the JP cup final

I assume its Roofe thats away to WBA? shame i was hoping to see him play for them in the JP cup final

Think that is the one. A lot of talk that WBA will be signing him or Matt Phillips depending on if they can punt Berahino to Newcastle today.

EDIT: Oxford just confirmed they have signed Bebo until the end of the season

Edited by wanderer

Where did you read that/get that information from?

Sorry meant Rotherham. Was checking a few weeks back as I was interested to know on what happened to the striker Hamilton Accies got £1m for as not seen his name ever mentioned at Norwich since then.

He was at Rotherham, but Alex Neil recalled him on the 7th January.