January Transfer News - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

The first time I noticed him was when we beat Hibs 2-1 & JVOH scored the winner on his debut.

Brown scored for Hibs, but Thomson ran the show & never wasted a pass. I remember boring the arse off everyone about how he was the better of the pair.

Injuries pretty much called time on his career a few years ago, but back in his pomp, I'd still say I was right.

i was a home and away man every week at the time, Brown couldn't lace Thomsons boots. Unfortunately injuries finished kev as a top player by his mid twenties

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown's always been what he is & he's still effective at it, but Thomson had way more to his game. Probably not fair to compare them as players, but it's just they were up & coming in that team at that time.

RE Stokes, that's a hard one to call.

If his attitude is right & he goes there wanting to prove a point / put himself in the shop window, that could be a great move for both.

Flipside, he goes back to Hibs like Billy Big Baws - the results won't be good.

Honestly, don't know what to make of thon.

Aberdeen have taken in Adam Collin on loan from Rotherham for the rest of the season.

I'm surprised Rangers didn't try and sign him. They love wasting money on keepers they don't need...

Mcinnes also confirmed today that no approach was ever made for Cammy Bell :ok:

The first time I noticed him was when we beat Hibs 2-1 & JVOH scored the winner on his debut.

Brown scored for Hibs, but Thomson ran the show & never wasted a pass. I remember boring the arse off everyone about how he was the better of the pair.

Injuries pretty much called time on his career a few years ago, but back in his pomp, I'd still say I was right.

Out of the two, I would take Brown as the player that left Hibs. Just wish he had moved down South as opposed to be turned into a poor mans Ian Ferguson at Sellick.

Brown's always been what he is & he's still effective at it, but Thomson had way more to his game. Probably not fair to compare them as players, but it's just they were up & coming in that team at that time.

RE Stokes, that's a hard one to call.

If his attitude is right & he goes there wanting to prove a point / put himself in the shop window, that could be a great move for both.

Flipside, he goes back to Hibs like Billy Big Baws - the results won't be good.

Honestly, don't know what to make of thon.

Stokes is better than any of their strikers out with Cummings. A good signing For Hibs imo.

Stokes is better than any of their strikers out with Cummings. A good signing For Hibs imo.

Think so. We have cleared the decks a bit so out and out forwards left will be Cummings, Malonga, Dagnall and Stokes. (would class Keatings as more attacking midfielder) not too shabby.

Edited by giblet

Think so. We have cleared the decks a bit so out and out forwards left will be Cummings, Malonga, Dagnall and Stokes. (would class Keatings as more attacking midfielder) not too shabby.

Agreed, Keatings has also impressed me any time I've seen them. If you boys don't go up,I think it's a given that you will lose him and Cummings.

Stokes is probably a better striker than anyone outwith Griffiths at Celtic, so I assume this isn't to do with his ability on the pitch.

He certainly seems to want to play, so it looks a good move on paper.

I was amazed to read today that Feruz had left Hibs - I didn't even know he was there! Did he play / what was he like? I can't pretend not to be happy his career looks like going down the shitter!

Stokes is probably a better striker than anyone outwith Griffiths at Celtic, so I assume this isn't to do with his ability on the pitch.

He certainly seems to want to play, so it looks a good move on paper.

I was amazed to read today that Feruz had left Hibs - I didn't even know he was there! Did he play / what was he like? I can't pretend not to be happy his career looks like going down the shitter!

He got done for driving whilst disqualified apart from that I didn't hear or read anything about him.

£3k per week for Stokes - disgraceful from Hibscelticloanagain after screwing the part state owned bank/uk tax payers out of millions

say goodbye to the euros Stokesy but as Stubbsy says " Hibs are a top tier side - playing in the championship" ?

:blink:

£3k per week for Stokes - disgraceful from Hibscelticloanagain after screwing the part state owned bank/uk tax payers out of millions

say goodbye to the euros Stokesy but as Stubbsy says " Hibs are a top tier side - playing in the championship" ?

:beer2: Happy hour at Diggers?