Giving Up Booze For A Year. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Giving Up Booze For A Year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck op. I'd struggle and I really admire anyone who can beat casual drinking.

I'm Itching for a drink out of habit. First night in 3wk without. Not done anything big but got through 2 bottle of malt and about 12 beers just by having a beer and couple nips each night in front of TV.

I don't think I've had a drink since I was in Portugal. Indeed I moved a load of cans and bottles from the fridge to the garage this evening because they were taking up space and not being drunk.

I think I'd miss drinking if I was told I had to give it up but I'm not that bothered about it most of the time.

Just the other month my best pal found out he has bladder cancer. Thankfully it’s in the early stages and there are treatments so with a fair wind all should be well. He has though, been recommended a change of diet and wait for it, no alcohol. As a sign of solidarity I have decided as of January the 1st to give up booze for 12 months and after that see what happens. I am by no means an alcoholic but I am extremely fond of my beer, ale, rum, wine so it will be quite a challenge.

With the Hangover thread on here it got me to thinking what would make you give up booze

Good man. A true friend.

Had a couple mates with testicular cancer in late twenties but caught at the right time. Fingers crossed for the op mate.

However he's only giving up alcohol not donating a kidney. The replies here show the obsession with the demon drink.

Had a couple mates with testicular cancer in late twenties but caught at the right time. Fingers crossed for the op mate.

However he's only giving up alcohol not donating a kidney. The replies here show the obsession with the demon drink.

Or it just shows a bit of admiration for the guy making lifestyle changes in solidarity with his mate...