Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane

Wonder if Turkey was prodded into doing this by good old uncle Sam. There does seem to be an agenda to push Russia. Has there been much in the media about the death of the journo who published the story about Turkey helping Isis?

Not seen anything about that, but there have been stories on the go about about Turkey colluding with ISIS for quite a long time.

Can't believe Obama has backed up Erdogan on this matter. No doubt Cameron will do the same now. Not in my name.

Increasingly it looks to me as if there is more to Isis than meets the eye. I don't think Cameron (or Obama, maybe more to the point) wants to see them destroyed. The half hearted air attacks, leaving them to get on with their oil exports to Turkey, the refusal to arm the Kurds directly so that they can continue beating Isis as they are doing (almost uniquely). Proper investigative journalism would come up with a lot more, I suspect. Check out if wounded Isis people have indeed been treated in Israel.

Putin looks like exposing a lot of what is going on. That's why Nato is closing ranks against him and supporting Turkey, a duplicitous ally at best and a country that should not be in Nato. Move the bases to Kurdistan and kill two birds with one stone. And call Saudi Arabia out for what they are, funders of terrorism in the name of their warped islamofascism.

Maybe the way to find a motive is to watch the price of oil. I suspect this business will increase the price.

Edited by Alibi

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have been taken as prisoners of war. Absolute sitting ducks in their parachute harnesses.

Would be an outrage if this was RAF pilots killed and broadcast on YouTube. And this isn't even ISIS we are talking about. It appears that they are ethnic Turks!

Not to mention the twats that killed a Russian by blowing up a rescue helicopter while it sat on the ground! Edited by Toepoke

This sandbag corridor that Turkey has set up (apparently without informing anyone else?) seems to be causing the issue.

This, a boundary only recognised by Turkey. That's like me annexing a meter the other side of my neighbours fence, then tw@ing them over the head with a cricket bat for trespassing on my garden.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

It's funny how we are outraged about a Russian jet being shot down. If it was an American jet we'd probably be shrugging our shoulders and saying serves them right for meddling in other countries affairs. What's different about Russia?

I think if it were Isis or the Turkmen who shot it down we would be shrugging our shoulders. As you would see that as a risk of war.

It's one of our so called allies acting unilaterally and blindsiding another state battling Isis where the outrage is coming from. Not to mention the subsequent gunning down of pilots in their parachutes (in military terms a bit like bombing a clearly marked hospital or an ambulance).

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

This, a boundary only recognised by Turkey. That's like me annexing a meter the other side of my neighbours fence, then tw@ing them over the head with a cricket bat for trespassing on my garden.

J

That's about the size of it as far as I understand. Add to that, when you twatted your neightbour, they were on neighbourhood watch duty as he thought there were burglars in the back garden.....

Its funny that Scotty was derided as a complete lunatic, yet some of what he was saying makes more sense as time goes by. Theres no way, not a chance, that we are being told the truth over ISIS, over Al Qaida in the past, over many terrorist attacks. The Islamic bogey man is a great story, but its beyond boring now. The whole numbers madness just puts people off believeing conspiracy theories IMO.

This one incident, the downing of a Russian plane just seems to be utter folly on Turkeys part, what the hell did they think they were doing, their official story is just nonsense, even the BBC are reporting it as being very dubious. Putin has every right to declare it as an act of war, and take necessary actions.

Turkey are either a puppet to a greater power here, or have acted so incomprehensibly ignorant to the potential consequences, that their membership of NATO should be investigated. It isnt a mechanism to allow this kind of thing.

Syria invited Russia, they are allies. Although there is some truth in if the tables were turned a different reaction might occur.EDIT: Then a NATO member just shoots down one of it's planes, not like they were invading Syria.

To equate situations is stretching for me.

Some of what Scotty says is coming true, he thinks it's a Bavarian death cult sponsored by satan who use numerology to encode warnings in society that are at the middle of this. Which patently untrue.

Edited by phart

It's funny how we are outraged about a Russian jet being shot down. If it was an American jet we'd probably be shrugging our shoulders and saying serves them right for meddling in other countries affairs. What's different about Russia?

The Syrians requested they come and help them and the UN security council approved the actions. The jet was operating in Syrian airspace and presented zero threat to Turkey. If they did that to a Yank jet you can be sure there would be hell to pay.

Russia now saying it looked pre-plan, as indeed it does. However one can only go on the information available.

For sure it was.

I see that rat ba$tard president's son was up to his neck in the oil trade with ISIS. Funny how this happened within hours of them obliterating the ISIS tanker fleet on the ground and going after the oil trade.

Turkey are disgusting. Cowardly attack knowing they could hide behind the protection o NATO after they did it. Is this what NATO is these days a gang to protect terrorist supporting whanks.

Evidently.

Edited by thplinth

Former CIA analyst on RT this morning. Tore into Turkey saying the blame lies wholly at their door. Flying into enemy airspace was a common occurrence during the Cold War, but the US and Russia acted like big boys and didn't resort to actions like this.

Its funny that Scotty was derided as a complete lunatic, yet some of what he was saying makes more sense as time goes by. Theres no way, not a chance, that we are being told the truth over ISIS, over Al Qaida in the past, over many terrorist attacks. The Islamic bogey man is a great story, but its beyond boring now. The whole numbers madness just puts people off believeing conspiracy theories IMO.

This one incident, the downing of a Russian plane just seems to be utter folly on Turkeys part, what the hell did they think they were doing, their official story is just nonsense, even the BBC are reporting it as being very dubious. Putin has every right to declare it as an act of war, and take necessary actions.

Turkey are either a puppet to a greater power here, or have acted so incomprehensibly ignorant to the potential consequences, that their membership of NATO should be investigated. It isnt a mechanism to allow this kind of thing.

The grim thing is it is likely this action was pre-approved. There is a chance the Turks did it without pre approval as they are actually stupid and reckless enough as was proven with the gas attack fraud. We will see how it plays...

Pretty sure if Scotty was posting we'd be hearing a lot about Gog and Magog right about now. :wink2:

edit: it is such a stupid and indefensible action that I am starting think maybe the Turks did this without the US approving it. I am really hoping so as the alternative is really bad.

Edited by thplinth

The grim thing is it is likely this action was pre-approved. There is a chance the Turks did it without pre approval as they are actually stupid and reckless enough as was proven with the gas attack fraud. We will see how it plays...

Pretty sure if Scotty was posting we'd be hearing a lot about Gog and Magog right about now. :wink2:

edit: it is such a stupid and indefensible action that I am starting think maybe the Turks did this without the US approving it. I am really hoping so as the alternative is really bad.

This not being the case is literally unthinkable.

Tosser.

In 2012, Ankara accused Syria of shooting down a Turkish F-4 Phantom. That plane crash-landed in the Mediterranean after veering into Syrian airspace. In response, an outraged Erdogan lambasted the Syrian military for acting in haste.

"A short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack," he told Parliament at the time.

Utter madness from the Turks.

Russians are the second-biggest visitors to Turkey as well - that's obviously going to change radically.

Goodbye Southstream probably. Goodbye their first nuclear power station about to be built by you know who... Russian businesses pulling out left right and centre and as you say massive tourist trade from Russia down the shitter now. The Russians will make them pay all right and that will just be the start. Maybe start tooling up the kurds on the sly who knows but the Russians will study where to hurt Turkey carefully and act decisively when they do. That is the way Putin rolls. And for what because the Presidents son had his wee lucrative oil deal with ISIS shat on... Seems a helluva price the average Turk will pay just for that.

Erdogan really is a loose cannon.

Goodbye Southstream probably. Goodbye their first nuclear power station about to be built by you know who... Russian businesses pulling out left right and centre and as you say massive tourist trade from Russia down the shitter now. The Russians will make them pay all right and that will just be the start. Maybe start tooling up the kurds on the sly who knows but the Russians will study where to hurt Turkey carefully and act decisively when they do. That is the way Putin rolls. And for what because the Presidents son had his wee lucrative oil deal with ISIS shat on... Seems a helluva price the average Turk will pay just for that.

Erdogan really is a loose cannon.

As long as its only Turkey that Putin hurts then fine.