Android Or Iphone - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Android Or Iphone

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a Sony Z1 compact for 18months - fantastic phone. Camera, battery and all round performance is excellent. Im sure the Z5 will be just as impressive

Cheap androids (which you often get as a work phone) can be pretty terrible. But the Sony flagship phones will be grand. iPhones are great phones in their own right, but you don't half pay over the odds for the brand

When i got my HTC i forgot it wasn`t waterproof like the Sony, and got it soaked the first weekend i had it, climbing up in Torridon. Also, the camera on the HTC is nowhere near as good as the Sony. On the plus side, it is a better shape and size and it connects much better to my macbook. The Sony software for Mac is a complete was of time, unless it`s been updated recently.

My other half has had a few Sony Xperia phones, think she got Z2 at the moment and she really likes them and I would say they are good phones too. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 at the moment which I think is a great phone and previously had an S3 which was also very good. A workmate of mine recently changed from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy and thought it was much better, I've never had iPhone so can't compare.

Go Android and get yourself a Nexus.

Stock android is so much slicker than the bloated stuff that some manufacturers put on devices.

Sony don't put as much 3rd party garbage on their devices as the like of HTC, and Samsung though.

This. Got the Nexus5 summer 2014, cracking phone, probably cost me half of the price of an iPhone. Some of the Android manufacturers really bloat their phones with pointless crap although you can usually remove it if you want. Samsung are particularly bad for it. Don't not so bad and I think Motorola comes with stock android only.

Only thing about the native android set up is it comes with Google hangouts as the messaging app, which is shit. Plenty of decent simple ones out there for free though.

• 4 weeks later...

Android. If you are wise enough to have asked its an easy answer.

Have a look at the OnePlus range or the Nexus range (Nexus best prices are at carphonewarehouse).

And another tip... Probably better value buying a handset and getting a sim only deal (compare over 2 years).

e.g. My Nexus 5X was £349, equivalent to £14.54 per month. Sim only with Vodafone £15.40 per month for 12 months. But with £104 cashback. So effectively £6.73 per month.

Total of £21.30 or thereabouts. Equivalent on contract is £29 per month.

Unlimited calls, text and 2GB of data. Can get for another £3 per month if needed.

This. I got a Samsung Galaxy A3 for £150, pay £12 a month with giffgaff for 2GB Data. 500 mins talk and unlimited texts.

As has already been said, Apple users tend to compare a 40 quid android to their iPhone 6 to prove that apple is better. Apple fans are unimaginative sheep who seem to spend the whole time justifying their overspend to people who don't really care.

Compare like for like (in terms of price) and you'll see android is much better. However, a lot of android phones (especially the Chinese variety) tend to pump in as much high spec technology as they can just to have a good spec sheet without really taking advantage of them. One thing I'll say for apple is that they do make more optimal use of their mediocre specifications. So be careful about comparing specs as your pro-android argument.