Celtic Vs Molde - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

For example lets say it was suggested that 50% of prize money from Europe (and internationals if that applies) went into a central pot to fund an explosion of quality 3/4G pitches across the country you'd find the clubs who regularly qualify for Europe would be against that - only a theoretical example but its that sort of thinking which could help produce more players of a higher standard.

I seriously doubt any Scottish club are making any money from Europe other than Celtic and it will be interesting to see how much if anything from this campaign.

Sorry to piss all over your idea but its not a very good one is it?

I'm sure Celtic have made many millions from Europe this year. Even a small fraction of that would build half a dozen new pitches round the country.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember cheering on Aberdeen when they won the cup winners cup I was a young lad they were Scottish that was it . I also remember how good they n Dundee Utd where (ALWAYS A GOOD GAME) when they came down toPARKHEID) then European nights standing at the bus stop on they way home from PARKHEID how did Rangers,Dundee Utd & Aberdeen get on hoping we got closer than them we're in a situ where Scottish football s good for outrun a coupon on n that's it

I remember cheering on Aberdeen when they won the cup winners cup I was a young lad they were Scottish that was it . I also remember how good they n Dundee Utd where (ALWAYS A GOOD GAME) when they came down toPARKHEID) then European nights standing at the bus stop on they way home from PARKHEID how did Rangers,Dundee Utd & Aberdeen get on hoping we got closer than them we're in a situ where Scottish football s good for outrun a coupon on n that's it

That would be back when certain Scottish teams were proud to be Scottish.

That would be back when certain Scottish teams were proud to be Scottish.

Not really that for me, more schadenfreude at Celtic's discomfort given how grotesquely bloated they've become in comparison to the rest of Scottiah football. They sneer at the rest of us, the least we can do is laugh at them when their trousers fall down.

and the non-black players? The non-black manager?

A lot of them are pish.

What I'm saying is that we seem to buy black players whom play in, normally centre of defence, who are pish.

It's a coincidence that they are all crap, why are none of them good solid players? None since Elliot who was fantastic. Even VVD had his moments.

For those who wish to suggest I'm playing the racial card fire on, it'll not be like Tamb to jump to incorrect conclusions.

ame="slasher" post="236669" timestamp="1446756592"]

I'm sure Celtic have made many millions from Europe this year. Even a small fraction of that would build half a dozen new pitches round the country.

So yet again you want us to fund the rest?

A lot of them are pish.

What I'm saying is that we seem to buy black players whom play in, normally centre of defence, who are pish.

It's a coincidence that they are all crap, why are none of them good solid players? None since Elliot who was fantastic. Even VVD had his moments.

For those who wish to suggest I'm playing the racial card fire on, it'll not be like Tamb to jump to incorrect conclusions.

Denayer was a class act. Your POTY last season IMO.

Yes and no. Given your club is awarded vastly disproportionate amounts of money for minor successes in Europe which has completely destabilised the game in Scotland to the point that the league is no longer a competition, and that this money means that the situation is in place in perpetuity, I'm really only suggesting a way of levelling the playing field a little, while giving our next generation of young players a chance to develop so you don't get pumped by teams from the Arctic Circle in the consolation cup.

But, if you're happy the way things are, just forget about it.

If it was down to me, there would be a windfall tax.

Yes and no. Given your club is awarded vastly disproportionate amounts of money for minor successes in Europe which has completely destabilised the game in Scotland to the point that the league is no longer a competition, and that this money means that the situation is in place in perpetuity, I'm really only suggesting a way of levelling the playing field a little, while giving our next generation of young players a chance to develop so you don't get pumped by teams from the Arctic Circle in the consolation cup.

I'm quite happy to pay a bit more as long as its proportional but there's an argument to say Celtic are being penalised simply for being well run and being bigger.

Incidentally you get £1.74m for group stage participation in the Europa league. Not a lot really is it?

A lot of them are pish.

24cfb12b3fb39fe8593487b21f7b11740f5917c9

I get what you mean.

areyouright2.jpg

Edited by Debian

This thread seems to have got a bit stuck on my 'theoretical' example. It was just that an example of the sort of more radical thinking which I think is required.

Your response backs up my point that self interest is alive and kicking in Scottish football and is a major factor in holding back any sort of meaningful change.

It doesn't mean just 1 club funding the rest but it surely stands to reason that any money based solution will almost certainly have to come from within the game.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

It's our fault that we get rewarded for being the best in our country and get rewarded financially?

Another thing, why do folk in Scotland look diwn on teams from the 'Artic Circle', countries like Norway, Sweden, Denmark?

I'm quite happy to pay a bit more as long as its proportional but there's an argument to say Celtic are being penalised simply for being well run and being bigger.

Incidentally you get £1.74m for group stage participation in the Europa league. Not a lot really is it?

Not to Celtic it's not. For Dundee Utd that would be a quarter of their entire turnover, simply for qualifying.

And Celtic "qualified" by losing. It's insane.

Edited by adamntg

This thread seems to have got a bit stuck on my 'theoretical' example. It was just that an example of the sort of more radical thinking which I think is required.

Your response backs up my point that self interest is alive and kicking in Scottish football and is a major factor in holding back any sort of meaningful change.

It doesn't mean just 1 club funding the rest but it surely stands to reason that any money based solution will almost certainly have to come from within the game.

I would agree to a 50/50 split of gate money but only if the TV deal was ripped up and clubs were allowed to sell there own TV rights.