Favourite Chocolate - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat a bar of Dairy Milk. I love fancy chocolates but they just don't cut it when you want a quick fix.

By far and away my favourite as well, especially since most supermarkets do the bags of buttons for a pound. Will easily demolish one of them in about 10 minutes

Lindt and Galaxy

See when they 1st came out, i loved lindt chocolate, but have went aff them recently. They were amazing if you left them in the fridge.

Are Yorkies still on the go?

Yep. Even do the bags of big yorkie buttons in most supermarkets

The king of all chocolate bars was the Frys Five Centre. - this was closely followed by my current favourite Frys Cream. Another balst from the past was the box of multi flavoured Poppets.

poppets were the ones you got at the pictures i think ?

when the choices were limited, chocolate raisins etc

pre hot dog,popcorn, overpriced pick n mix

mintolas ; the poor mans after eights too were good

and matchmakers.....

do they still do selection boxes ?

can't seem to get them in canada .but as a kid i mind being inundated with them - snakes & ladders etc on the back

one christmas , brother and i got the huge (1 lb ?)bars of dairy milk from a relative

- this was mid 70s, first time ever seen these monsters

folks stuck them in the wardrobe, so we could enjoy after finishing the other selection boxes

after new year , my dad goes in ; breaks the news we have a mouse.... nibbles round the edge - we pleaded it was okay to eat them - but of course they were thrown out - end of , no easy pound shop replacements , never saw one again