Headphones - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

been years since i bought these what are the best IN EAR headphones to get.... no wanting to spend too much but no wanting cheap ones either.

(I know sound is better in over the head ones but i don't want to be walking down the street looking like a dick and can wear the in ears in the office ;) )

Skullcandy have always done me well, not too cheap but not too expensive, can usually get decent prices if you shop about. I do use "over head" rather than in ear though. Dont waste money on "beats by dre" they arent fantastic for the price.

I've got the Bose Quiet Comfort 20 noise cancelling ones. They're consistently voted the best and they really are good but they're really expensive (i.e. £250). You can get them for Apple or Android devices.

I justified it on the basis that I'd walk a lot more when wearing them rather than take the car. They're great at cancelling out traffic noise and the like.

I've got a pair of MA 600 RHA there a Glasgow company that design all there own gear in ear head phones cracking sound think they cost about £70 but they have other earphones at about the £30 mark got mine from Amazon think currys sell them or you can get them of there website www.rha.co.uk trust me mate these are the best ones that l have ever bought

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446116089&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

Had always used my iphone ones but when I moved down to London I couldnt hear a thing on the tube.

These shut out the world :)

I have these, Brilliant.

I've got a pair of MA 600 RHA there a Glasgow company that design all there own gear in ear head phones cracking sound think they cost about £70 but they have other earphones at about the £30 mark got mine from Amazon think currys sell them or you can get them of there website www.rha.co.uk trust me mate these are the best ones that l have ever bought

^^^

:ok:

Another vote for RHA.

Everyone else in the carriage would be able to hear them though.

No they wouldn`t. You can`t hear the in-ear buds. The apple type ones that don`t go right into your ears, you can hear them alright.

Those sennheisers mentioned are good but there`s better ones out there now for abut the same price.

I also need new headphones but i'm looking for wireless ones that work via bluetooth (the jack in my phone is damaged and the sound is dodgy from plug in headphones).

Anyone recommend any decent ones? I'm not bothered about whether they are in or over ear as they are just for wearing to the gym.

I also need new headphones but i'm looking for wireless ones that work via bluetooth (the jack in my phone is damaged and the sound is dodgy from plug in headphones).

Anyone recommend any decent ones? I'm not bothered about whether they are in or over ear as they are just for wearing to the gym.

I got these free with my mobile last year http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR10RBT-Wireless-Headphones-Bluetooth-black/dp/B00F0CQJQWPretty good but not sure they`re worth the money (they were selling for about £200 at the time). The bluetooth works really well on them though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446116089&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

Had always used my iphone ones but when I moved down to London I couldnt hear a thing on the tube.

Seconded. I sometimes even use mine to mix music.

What kind of phone do you have?

Apple will clear out your Jack for free,this would most likely be the problem with debris in it.

I had it a few months ago,works fine now.

What kind of phone do you have?

Apple will clear out your Jack for free,this would most likely be the problem with debris in it.

I had it a few months ago,works fine now.

Aye, it's an iphone i have. Just go in to the shop and see if they'll sort it?

I'd still like bluetooth headphones anyway as the cable gets in the way at the gym.

Aye, it's an iphone i have. Just go in to the shop and see if they'll sort it?

I'd still like bluetooth headphones anyway as the cable gets in the way at the gym.

Yeah,you maybe better making an appointment to save about,but they do it there and then.

Same if you have problems charging your phone. 9 outta 10 times its again debris,they must have a tiny nozzle that can suck it all out and it's good as new again.

I went through 3 pairs of these before I decided I wasn't wasting my money on them any more.

Sound quality is great, no denying that, but construction of the dog-leg jack is dodgy, and I've had 3 pairs snap. Also they were prone to losing the rubber buds.

I now use a pair costing about a fiver. Sound quality is not wonderful, but they are reliable - in 2 years I have never lost a bud and they remain intact. I keep headphones in my back pocket.

I went through 3 pairs of these before I decided I wasn't wasting my money on them any more.

Sound quality is great, no denying that, but construction of the dog-leg jack is dodgy, and I've had 3 pairs snap. Also they were prone to losing the rubber buds.

I now use a pair costing about a fiver. Sound quality is not wonderful, but they are reliable - in 2 years I have never lost a bud and they remain intact. I keep headphones in my back pocket.

Hope you kept them mate as I was the same, had 3 pair and all went at the Jack, after throwing them all away I discovered you can buy repair jacks from eBay for a couple of quid and after a few practices on soldering you can repair them good as new.

I bought a pair of active noise cancelling over-ear headphones for a long haul flight. They really do work, although I could still hear a narrow frequency band in the human voice spectrum. Was a bit weird hearing just that with the engine noise almost totally suppressed, but overall they worked superbly. I think they're made by Audio Dynamics or something like that, but apparently a good make and certainly were the best for quality/effectiveness/sound/value of the dozen or so pairs I tried. £59. Also very comfy - the on-ear ones are quite irritating after a short time.

As a side note once you get to around the £60-70 mark you reach the peak of sound quality if listening to mp3\mp4 sound formats. Basically to compress the music into mp3 format they remove the sound frequency's you can't hear. So its roughly works out that around £60 is where you get the most quality of sound. After that you are then paying for this GS like noise cancellation, the name (such as beats by dre) etc.

As a side note once you get to around the £60-70 mark you reach the peak of sound quality if listening to mp3\mp4 sound formats. Basically to compress the music into mp3 format they remove the sound frequency's you can't hear. .

Is Neil Young not launching a new MP3 format called Pono or something which basically puts the sound frequency back in? Only draw back is I believe Pono albums will be double the price of MP3 albums.