Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox?

Dunty

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing, look how the Welsh went about moving from the millennium stadium. They recognised there was a problem and sought an alternative. I just don't think we can say "ah but it's our national historic stadium" blah etc anymore because it's hardly been a fortress these last few years. We should be doing everything to gain an advantage.

They only moved there in 90s I recall to get bigger crowds / satisfy demand v Germany / Rumania etc

Ninian park was always their home ; with a few games at wrexham too

The new Cardiff city ground is the redeveloped ninian park ?

So Cardiff arms / millennium in no way the spiritual home of welsh fitba ; in the same way neither is Landsdowne / aviva for Ireland ; as Dalymount was used even in 1980s until deemed too unsafe

Hampden / Wemblee / Windsor have more of a history for respective nations

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

In this campaign we played at all three, so after experiencing an international at all three Glasgow grounds - which was your favourite?

For me, Ibrox won based on location, mainly it was easier to get there and back.

I don't think there was much difference between all three in terms of atmosphere or facilities.

Ibrox is an utter shitehole in a fkin awful area, Parkeid is a very nice stadium in a pish poor area both of which are a pain in the hoop to get to and from, Hampden is our home and for all its problems I love it.

Across the road. It was weird at the friendly at CCS when you could look at the half demolished ground.

I'd like to have seen that - the only time I saw it (it was still the home of CCFC at the time) was when I passed in a taxi when I was down in Cardiff on business. Edited by Charlie Endell

Is plough lane still there ?

It was in my 'manor' when I lived down there in late 90s ; most of it was as is apart from the weeds etc

Bizzare place for a top flight stadium

Long gone :-( was finally demolished about 2001ish and now posh flats (with each block named after a player from Wimbledons history).

Club hope to get the go ahead to buy the dog track just up the road in the next few months.

Long gone :-( was finally demolished about 2001ish and now posh flats (with each block named after a player from Wimbledons history).

Club hope to get the go ahead to buy the dog track just up the road in the next few months.

Thanks for that

I mind the dogs being towards tooting a bit

Did get one night out there ; pretty decent

Spent first couple of years in Walthamstow , but funnily enough never made it there ; or the Orient

Pretty sketchy area of London

In moving to Wimbledon ; Fulham was easy to get to

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

Thanks for that

I mind the dogs being towards tooting a bit

Did get one night out there ; pretty decent

Spent first couple of years in Walthamstow , but funnily enough never made it there ; or the Orient

Pretty sketchy area of London

In moving to Wimbledon ; Fulham was easy to get to

Dog track is just the other side of the Wandle River (as you said, more Tooting way, but is within the Merton Boundary), so effectively, it would be like Hamilton Accies playing of the adjacent site to where the old Douglas Park was situated.

Got my doubts the dog track stadium move will happen, though few folk in the know are saying the Irish Guy who wants to build a new dog track has been privately waving the white flag as he has been saying that the council have told AFC Wimbledon they are the prefered bidder.... Council have offered a plot of land in Colliers Wood as a alternative.

Aye, its just a straight direct road from Wimbledon straight up to Fulham (20-30 minutes on a bus IIRC)