Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox?

Dunty

Naw Edinburgh is one of those rubbish and surprising capitals like Canberra. They only got the gig as consolation for being second to Glasgow in all the important aspects. Not as rubbish as Aberdeen I'll grant you but that is no big achievement.

You been to Canberra

Aviemore centre has more buzz to it

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such is the appalling public transport infrastructure in Scotland, it's very difficult to get to anywhere other than Glasgow or Edinburgh without major f***ing about. You can't even go direct from Fife to Glasgow unless on a single rush hour train. Perth is probably the one station that is served by most areas directly but not a chance the ScotRail timetable will facilitate movement of large numbers of people to a game.

If there's one thing Hampden does have in terms of location, it's that it's within a city. A new stadium almost certainly won't be built inside a city and that's a big negative.

Just a shame the infrastructure around it is pretty dismal.

Funny that, I thought I was Ireland or England when I normally travel through for football other people than international fixtures

Well, it was your team (the deceased version) that kicked that whole load of nonsense off.

Six of the seven clubs that formed the SFA were Glasgow clubs and the first international was played in Partick (which was actually a separate burgh at the time).

Edited by Charlie Endell

As Chas Endell has pointed on numerous occasions there are numerous stations to go to but non weegies are drawn like unable to read a map zombies to the "only existing station". Plus in the true mark of a proper city Glasgow has a metro. Only pretend joke "cities" don't have an underground. I'm embarrassed for them.

Well, it was your team (the deceased version) that kicked that whole load of nonsense off.

Six of the seven clubs that formed the SFA were Glasgow clubs and the first international was played in Partick (which was actually a separate burgh at the time).

Aye but my club let go off all that shite years and years and doesn't still cling onto and pander to all that boakworthy plastic shite

As Chas Endell has pointed on numerous occasions there are numerous stations to go to but non weegies are drawn like unable to read a map zombies to the "only existing station". Plus in the true mark of a proper city Glasgow has a metro. Only pretend joke "cities" don't have an underground. I'm embarrassed for them.

I thought the joke was claiming 2 lines when in fact is opposite directions of travel on same (circle) line, and is of diddy man proportions

As Chas Endell has pointed on numerous occasions there are numerous stations to go to but non weegies are drawn like unable to read a map zombies to the "only existing station".

It's not just that though. It's the connections at Glasgow Queen Street that are p*sh too. Was alright when games were a Saturday afternoon, but the increasing number of midweek games means you've got you're work cut out trying to catch the last train, and that's if you survive the battles outside Queen Street.

It's not just that though. It's the connections at Glasgow Queen Street that are p*sh too. Was alright when games were a Saturday afternoon, but the increasing number of midweek games means you've got you're work cut out trying to catch the last train, and that's if you survive the battles outside Queen Street.

That's down to the generally abysmal public transport connections in Scotland - even in Glasgow they pull up the pavements after 11pm - I only live four miles from the city centre and my last train home is 23.15 (with the exception of Fridays).

And that will improve by moving the stadium to Perth, sNoberdeen or Edinburgh?

FFS not only does Aberdeen not have a metro it does not even have ground level train network servicing her snobladen burbs. It is way too small time to deserve one. Fact.

Does Edinburgh have a commuter train network or is it also just minky buses? Last time I was there it looked like just minky buses.

Howe can you call yourself a capitol city and you only have a mink bus service and then come on here an whine about Glasgow with its londonesque infrastructure? How?

There is only one candidate, rebuild hampden.

Another lot of whinging shite. Hampden is one of the easier stadiums to get to and from I've been to. Wembley is a joke, Dortmund was awful, Paris, Brussels, even Georgia were all worse.

Apart from the fact we will not in a million years build a new stadium, it wouldn't in 100 billion years be anywhere near Perth. Glasgow is the home of football as we know it and we have and will always play there. Get used to it.

Another lot of whinging shite. Hampden is one of the easier stadiums to get to and from I've been to. Wembley is a joke, Dortmund was awful, Paris, Brussels, even Georgia were all worse.

Apart from the fact we will not in a million years build a new stadium, it wouldn't in 100 billion years be anywhere near Perth. Glasgow is the home of football as we know it and we have and will always play there. Get used to it.

Wembley's pretty easy to get to if you know what you're doing, getting away afterwards can be a nightmare unless you leg it right on full time.

/quote]

Are you high?

The first 4 all have dedicated stations with a line of trains waiting, the only delay was getting people on the trains.

Tbilisi was about 15 minutes walk from the centre.

Hampdens links are pish.

There's no point being right beside a motorway if it's gridlocked and there's no parking available beside the stadium.

Aye you would. You'd keep your options open. Could be all sorts of potential shared events down the road. Joint Euros or even World Cups... Oh no you built the stadium in Perth. Ha ha ha let's all laugh at Scotland again. No. Let's build it where it makes sense.

Not disagreeing. A lot of fair points and underlines why Hampden remains my preference. My gripe is more with public infrastructure in Scotland and that's down to SPT, ScotRail, Glasgow City Council and the Scottish Government.

Not something I can pin on the SFA. Yet. Ill find something though...

/quote]

Are you high?

The first 4 all have dedicated stations with a line of trains waiting, the only delay was getting people on the trains.

Tbilisi was about 15 minutes walk from the centre.

It took longer to get out of the other stadiums and get away than it takes to walk back in to Glasgow. After the Wembley friendly it took an hour just to get to the tube station. I'd rather be walking back from Hampden any day. As for Tbilisi I'm not sure what you consider the centre but Most people were based around the old town, I was on Rustaveli and that took a good 40 minutes to walk back. Add 20 minutes to the old town.

For me Hampden has always been an easy walk from the centre.

ame="deecie" post="232214" timestamp="1445884230"]

It took longer to get out of the other stadiums and get away than it takes to walk back in to Glasgow. After the Wembley friendly it took an hour just to get to the tube station. I'd rather be walking back from Hampden any day. As for Tbilisi I'm not sure what you consider the centre but Most people were based around the old town, I was on Rustaveli and that took a good 40 minutes to walk back. Add 20 minutes to the old town.

For me Hampden has always been an easy walk from the centre.

This. 40 minute walk or so into Queen Street or Central and you're away. I'd stop all non-residents parking within a mile radius of Hampden on match days but the cooncil and polis wouldn't have the manpower (or even the inclination) to enforce it.

This. 40 minute walk or so into Queen Street or Central and you're away. I'd stop all non-residents parking within a mile radius of Hampden on match days but the cooncil and polis wouldn't have the manpower (or even the inclination) to enforce it.

Dunno. Sounds like they're clamping down on parking around Hampden. Heard large parts of Kings Park are off limits these days with parking tickets dished out at Poland game.

Aye you would. You'd keep your options open. Could be all sorts of potential shared events down the road. Joint Euros or even World Cups... Oh no you built the stadium in Perth. Ha ha ha let's all laugh at Scotland again. No. Let's build it where it makes sense.

Never took you for a basic wind up merchant before