Australia V Scotland - Page 11 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Australia V Scotland

Deedee

Before the penalty was taken, Joubert watches a replay of the incident on the big screen.

At that point, he knows he's got it wrong and he knows that his mistake is about to knock Scotland out of the world cup. Yet he still allows the kick to go ahead without him either asking for the incident to be reviewed (i know about the protocol), or changing his mind to make the correct decision.

He's a coward. And that's why he sprinted off the park.

Fuxsake, that makes everything worse.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, what was even worse as I was brooding today was we would have, (at worst), been in the bronze playoff game.

Meaning we technically would have had something to play for right up to the day before the World Cup Final.

Grrrrrrr

J

Before the penalty was taken, Joubert watches a replay of the incident on the big screen.

At that point, he knows he's got it wrong and he knows that his mistake is about to knock Scotland out of the world cup. Yet he still allows the kick to go ahead without him either asking for the incident to be reviewed (i know about the protocol), or changing his mind to make the correct decision.

He's a coward. And that's why he sprinted off the park.

Fuxsake, that makes everything worse.

My blood pressure is just about back to normal now. Still can`t believe what happened. Interestingly, the Aussies weren`t doing much celebrating outside the stadium. They knew they got a massive let off.

My blood pressure is just about back to normal now. Still can`t believe what happened. Interestingly, the Aussies weren`t doing much celebrating outside the stadium. They knew they got a massive let off.

The aussies wouldn't be celebrating too much as they only won a QF. They won't really celebrate unless they win the final.

Yesterdays blatant bout of cheating by the ref and scotland going out the world cup was heartbreaking.What it will do tho is galvanise the squad we will see a different animal when the 6 nations starts.They will still be hurting then and will want to make amends as they will feel they let themselves and the country down.JOUBERT SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO REF ANOTHER HIGH PROFILE GAME AGAIN OR ANY GAME FOR THAT MATTER. :angry::angry:

Folks recall the Calcutta cup penalty "wrong call"

When ref admitted he saw a navy blue cuff knock on the ball ; circa 92 I think it was

Scotland lost based upon that call

Turns out it was England's new kit with navy cuffs and one of their guys

Not quite World Cup I know ; but recall watching it with rugby mates ; and whilst all annoyed etc they tend to move on ; have s bit of class compared to the never ending whining

When ref admitted he saw a navy blue cuff knock on the ball ; circa 92 I think it was

Not quite World Cup I know ; but recall watching it with rugby mates ; and whilst all annoyed etc they tend to move on ; have s bit of class compared to the never ending whining

What is the saying?

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Remember Gavin Hastings penalty in front of the posts against England in the 1991 World Cup semi final late in the game ?

Score tied at 6 all with time running out

Misses

England go up the park and score a drop goal to win

Just like football - we dont need the refs to make mistakes

but hastings is a ..

Here's a bigger which you couldnt make up

A discussion about glorious failure being in Scotland's psyche featuring we are too wee, too poor and too stupid nawbag extraordinaire Archie McPherson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/34574649

I can understand Joubert making the mistake at the time, in real time, and he enforced the rules as he has been instructed to use them as it wasn't reviewable. Doesn't excuse the wrong decision, but I understand how it happened.

I can't believe that world rugby have thrown him under the bus though. That makes the sport look like even more of a joke. They've managed to make me feel sorry for Joubert.

remember it well my dad and me fell out as told him the ref had called it wrong, told me I was an idiot till he read in the papers the next day I was right, he then went mental lol

I can understand Joubert making the mistake at the time, in real time, and he enforced the rules as he has been instructed to use them as it wasn't reviewable. Doesn't excuse the wrong decision, but I understand how it happened.

I can't believe that world rugby have thrown him under the bus though. That makes the sport look like even more of a joke. They've managed to make me feel sorry for Joubert.

Lets not forget he and the TMO "Missed" the late hit on Hogg with 2 mins 35 secs left also

I have no doubt Joubert knew he got at least the penalty call wrong. It's highly likely he knew that "something" was missed before that as well.

He could have done something about those calls to correct his error - he would've seen the penalty call on the screen and realised he'd got it wrong (precedent set during the opening match for refs seeing something on the screen) and also when play had stopped he could've asked for a TMO review of the "missed" incident is the late tackle on Hogg.

I know about "protocol" but surely getting a pivotal decision right in s World Cup quarter final is more important?

He did neither. Instead he carried on allowing the penalty to be kicked, a decision he by this time 100% KNEW to be wrong and 100% KNEW would knock us out of the World Cup.

That is why he scarpered at full time like the rat that he is up a drainpipe. That is why the man is a cheat (I also site his RWC 2011 final performance which cannot in any way be described as impartial due to the obvious offences he knew were being committed and chose to ignore) and that is why he must never be allowed anywhere near an international rugby fixture in an official capacity for the rest of his life.

The only thing worse than a cheat is a cowardly cheat.

That is precisely what Joubert is.

I expect his "retirement" will be announced fairly soon.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Lets not forget he and the TMO "Missed" the late hit on Hogg with 2 mins 35 secs left also

Maybe he'd just finished "the boy that cried wolf"?

It was the line-outs and dodgy re-start that cost us, as they were in our control. We were terrible at re-starts (and defensive maul) all tournament.

However, that was a brilliant display. I hope they follow it up in their next game v England and the rest of the 6N. Hopefully, Vern will get inside their heads and get them up for it.

That's the bigger error IMO and the blame lies mostly with the TMO. That would effectively have ended the game.

Remember Gavin Hastings penalty in front of the posts against England in the 1991 World Cup semi final late in the game ?

Score tied at 6 all with time running out

I think the 'late in the game' part is an urban myth.

Someone posted a link to it earlier in this thread, and the missed kick was in the 22nd minute.

Still horrendous though.

I think the 'late in the game' part is an urban myth.

Someone posted a link to it earlier in this thread, and the missed kick was in the 22nd minute.

Still horrendous though.

I was thinking that before as well. Was sure it wasn't late on. Just couldn't be arsed googling it.