Friendlies - Who To Playbefore The Wc Group? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies - Who To Playbefore The Wc Group?

TA Torr

Ah I see, I was under the impression that international fixtures could only be played on Fifa calendar dates.

June would be good then!

I think those games don't count towards FIFA rankings and a player who gets his first cap in such a game can still switch countries.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland don't tend to play outside the FIFA calendar (apart from end of season).

There are 2 international dates in November (Estonia are playing 3 friendlies).

2 dates in March

End of season games.

1 date a few dates before Malta away.

I wouldn't expect anymore than 7 games before Malta but could be as few as 3.

If I were to guess I would expect us to play a total of 4 games between now and the Malta match...maybe 5.

Scotland don't tend to play outside the FIFA calendar (apart from end of season).

There are 2 international dates in November (Estonia are playing 3 friendlies).

2 dates in March

End of season games.

1 date a few dates before Malta away.

I wouldn't expect anymore than 7 games before Malta but could be as few as 3.

If I were to guess I would expect us to play a total of 4 games between now and the Malta match...maybe 5.

We should play 2 next month and try new players and a new system out.

Go into the new year looking towards our next friendly with a mix of this squad and some additions and look to build something for the WC Qualifiers.

Heard of a couple games in USA around end of May start of June as well, anyone heard this?

Doubt there will be much of a offer to go to the States.... Most European nations will stay in Europe for the Euros (granted a couple might head out to the States) and unlike a WC warm up, South American teams will not really be on the look out for a European style team to play..... Only if SFA get a offer they can not refuse (like the USA game in Jacksonville few years back) will we head to the States.

We can play friendlies in May / June - there are no official dates, but there will be plenty of teams looking to play warm up games for the Euros.

29th August - 6th September are official and friendly games so expect a game before Malta (somewhere in Southern Europe would be sensible so the players can at least get used to the heat)

Cyprus let it be Cyprus and only 90 mins flight time away

Is there a website that has a list of novembers fixtures? All I get on FIFA is the woman's then when I click the men's fixtures it just comes up with the latest news

If Stewart Regans Twitter is right it's doubtful there'll be a friendly by all accounts so if that's the case I might take a wee trip over to somewhere and take in a game

Is there a website that has a list of novembers fixtures? All I get on FIFA is the woman's then when I click the men's fixtures it just comes up with the latest news

If Stewart Regans Twitter is right it's doubtful there'll be a friendly by all accounts so if that's the case I might take a wee trip over to somewhere and take in a game

Yes FIFA.com go to live scores then click on international tournaments then all fixtures and results. Then click right to take you to November. Or just click here - http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/international-tournaments/fixtures-results/date=20151101/index.html

Edited by tartanpar

Yes FIFA.com go to live scores then click on international tournaments then all fixtures and results. Then click right to take you to November. Or just click here - http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/international-tournaments/fixtures-results/date=20151101/index.html

Perfect! Thanks

France v Germany looks tasty then Germany v Holland on the Tuesday could be meaty as well!!

Before the news today that we wont be playing I had made a list of potential teams.

100% wont be playing

Ukraine - Play off

Denmark - Play off

Norway - Play off

Sweden - Play off

Ireland - Play off

Hungary - Play off

BiH - Play off

Slovenia - Play off

Germany - were in our qualifying group and playing France and Netherlands

Belgium - playing Italy and Sweden

Spain - playing England and Spain

Slovakia - are in our WC group and playing Switzerland and Iceland

France - playing England and Germany

Poland - playing Iceland and Czech Republic

Georgia - were in our qualifying group and playing Estonia

Lithuania - are in our WC group

Malta - are in our WC group and playing Jordan

Gibraltar - were in our qualifying group

Switzerland - playing Austria and Slovakia

Czech Republic - playing Poland and Serbia

Iceland - playing Poland and Slovakia

Netherlands - playing Germany and Wales

Italy - playing Belgiuma and Romania

Have 1 game planned already

Austria - playing Switzerland and going to Alicante for a training camp

Luxembourg - playing Greece

Greece - playing Luxembourg

Montenegro - playing Macedonia

Romania - playing Italy

Albania - talking about playing Kosovo

Wales - playing Netherlands (also only want to play one game)

Macedonia - playing Montenegro

Serbia - playing Czech Republic

Turkey - playing Qatar

Belarus - playing Oman

Estonia - playing Georgia and St Kitts and Nevis (but want a 3rd game)

Moldova - playing Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan - playing Moldova

Andorra - talking about playing St Kitts and Nevis

The only teams without any games are:

Northern Ireland

Russia

Israel

Finland

Bulgaria

Faroe Islands

Armenia

Latvia

Cyprus

Kazakhstan

Liechtenstein

San Marino

Not many great options left, before tonight I would have said Northern Ireland looked the most likely.

Edited by tartanpar

I'm staying in Limassol,will the game likely to be close?

I need to sneak to it. :ok:

Don't worry I will get you to Nicosia....Welsh were here recently and supporters association ran 55 coaches.....I am sure we can surpass that