Scott Brown To Call It Quits? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown To Call It Quits?

Shaun

If you're looking for someone for whom nothing came off then you need look no further than Ritchie. Gave the ball away time and again under no pressure.

I'd like to see Anya, Snodgrass & Russell behind a front man.

Russell's interplay is good, and he's definitely in the matchday squad for me.

Bit harsh on Ritchie tho. Ritchie tucked inside a lot which made the space for Hutton to overlap, which he did to great effect. Sometimes doing something useful for the team means you don't get your name in lights. Still, he put in a few great balls in the first half, including the one of the Maloney header which he should have burried. I'd also find it hard to drop him for an average game against Gibraltar after a very good game and a great goal against Poland.

Comparison to Dorrans isn't really fair as this was Dorrans chance to shine and show what he could do (against poor opposition) yet he didn't take it. Ritchie's cemented his place in the squad imo, has Dorrans? Hmm.. I'd rather see what Armstrong can do I think.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for someone for whom nothing came off then you need look no further than Ritchie. Gave the ball away time and again under no pressure.

I'd like to see Anya, Snodgrass & Russell behind a front man.

You missed the bigger picture then. Movement off the ball, trying to force passes that were probably not quite on rather than the easy option of going sideways is what gave us the pace and urgency to have 29 shots at goal. I think it's fair to try these things against Gibraltar in the circumstances. I don't think anyone can be judged on that performance whether outstanding or poor.

i dont think anyone would grudge brown retiring from international football. craig brown talking pish again though, leighton was 40 years old when he retired and should have been put out to pasture well before then. wonder why he didnt mention anything about the super fit body of a temple john collins retiring at 31 straight after the england games.

Edited by LewisEDI

• 1 month later...

I think he's still an asset, but he's very much a form player. Economy of movement is not really in his locker so he may struggle with age. I'm hopeful McGinn and Macleod will be our '2' in the 4-2-3-1 formation, but maybe not in the next campaign. Souttar may also be in with a shout but he's still very much potential at this stage.

I think he's still an asset, but he's very much a form player. Economy of movement is not really in his locker so he may struggle with age. I'm hopeful McGinn and Macleod will be our '2' in the 4-2-3-1 formation, but maybe not in the next campaign. Souttar may also be in with a shout but he's still very much potential at this stage.

That 4-2-3-1 formation is painful. Surely now is the time for a change and a fresh approach!

Time for him to retire. He doesn't have the ability, speed, fitness for International football anymore, the days of getting by with the hardman image are over and he isn't even much of a hardman anymore. He should have grown a pair and tried England leagues instead of wasting away in the comfort zone at Celtic

Time for him to retire. He doesn't have the ability, speed, fitness for International football anymore, the days of getting by with the hardman image are over and he isn't even much of a hardman anymore. He should have grown a pair and tried England leagues instead of wasting away in the comfort zone at Celtic

And who would you suggest replaces him in the Scotland team right now?

I agree he and some others need to step a side. They've been over the course of numerous failed campaigns...what's going to change that we are going to finish top two in the next campaign by prevailing with the same players who've failed continuously?

It is largely irrelevant though as there's no chance strachan will drop him

Edited by JECK

If there is someone better than Broonie, get them in the team.

McArthur at Crystal Palace- could he replace Broonie- maybe? But competition for places is good.

I welcome Broonie staying on for Russia, he has took a dip in form this season- but he'll be back and he has got a good couple of years still in him.

In the current system Adam, Morrison and MacArthur are all of a beeter standard than Brown. As a captain nowhere near of good enough playing ability to start every game, that's my opinion.

Having finished 4th in our group I do think a few including Brown should call it quits, clearly not good enough. We need to start planning for the future