Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors.

Gwidon1308

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Section P5 there was a guy in his 60s or 70s being taken out after the Fletcher goal with blood all down his shirt.

A young guy said that he was smacked by a Polish fan for celebrating. He looked in a really sore way. The Police were not willing to go in at all, even with some Polish guys pointing out the culprit.

Last night was pretty bad. I don't mind there being a mixed crowd if the atmosphere is good.

When they scored their first, one eejit set of one of the bang things right at my feet. I almost shat myself.

Going through the turnstiles, there were no searches going on at all. No wonder they managed to bring in all their gear.

Recently at easter road there has been big police presence with sniffer dogs trying to catch doughnuts bringing in smoke grenades.

No such thing last night along with not intervening in fights in stadium and letting Polish fans drink outside Hampden. Bunch of pussies.

On the way into the stadium some idiots were letting off firecrackers and one went off right next to my 9 year old. He's not one to frighten easily but wasn't really wanting to go into the game after that.

Police are a joke and nothing will change unless we make formal complaints end masse.

I don't mind away supporters in our end as met two Polish guys with a wee boy who were fine and chatted about the Irish score etc.

The large group of ####wits in the East Stand were an issue as the animosity was clear from before the kick off.

As to flares, they should be arrested immediately for that. Stupid, dangerous and utterly unacceptable in a stadium in the modern world. If you think it adds to the atmosphere then you're a twat. Try seeing anything through the smoke the cause or even breath the stinking stuff. I'd also like to see your reaction if one was thrown at you. ####wits.

Disappointing to hear this about the Poles as the ones I encountered in Warsaw last year were brand new. Perhaps it is their travelling fans that are the problem, both at club and national level. I recall stories of Polish fans running amok in a Belfast shopping centre before a game against Northern Ireland, and Slask Wrowclaw fans causing real bother in Dundee before a UEFA Cup tie against United. It was so bad that Dundee police had to use riot dogs for the first time in years.

Disappointing to hear this about the Poles as the ones I encountered in Warsaw last year were brand new. Perhaps it is their travelling fans that are the problem, both at club and national level. I recall stories of Polish fans running amok in a Belfast shopping centre before a game against Northern Ireland, and Slask Wrowclaw fans causing real bother in Dundee before a UEFA Cup tie against United. It was so bad that Dundee police had to use riot dogs for the first time in years.

A boy from Dundee I was standing next to mentioned the Wroclaw fans too. He went up to say hello to a few of them having a bevvy in Dundee city centre on the day of the game and got the response 'prepare to die' :shocked:

That was going to be my next point with regards to flares in Scottish grounds, you bet me too it :)

It's bad enough having to put up with the odd eejit having a fag, I'm on permanent medication for a throat problem, smoke and such like inflames it. We're meant to have laws that protect us with such things in stadiums. I really hope I don't read tomorrow a kid or another innocent supporter has been injured through idiots setting these things off.

Some muppet infront of us was smoking and when I told him to put it out I was met with a hail of abuse....but they were coked off their faces, twats.

Recently at easter road there has been big police presence with sniffer dogs trying to catch doughnuts bringing in smoke grenades.

No such thing last night along with not intervening in fights in stadium and letting Polish fans drink outside Hampden. Bunch of pussies.

I think I complained to five different officers about the amount of poles standing drinking, I said if it was a Scottish fan we would have been arrested and they all just basically shrugged their shoulders!!

Was in the South Upper tonight in Q3. Poland fans in there were okay. Spoke to a few of them.

I strongly beg to differ they were utter scum. We had to leave at half time due to them forcing themselves in front of us standing and refusing to move stewards refused to do anything

We moved seats then more Poles wanted these seats and we got shunted for them.

Right now I don't feel inclined to return to Hampden and my opinion of Poles had changed somewhat. I know you can't tar all fans with the same brush but I have actually never felt so intimidated at a game in my life.

just got into the ground to see them score, polish boys let off a flare, stewards just stood around and watched, had to stop my mate from going at them, it ended up getting getting chucked out to the concorse, tbh i dont blame the stewards , it should be the police's job to get people out the stadium (after the stewards report them) apart from that the polish we met were sound apart from the big nationalist march outside central station, how is it possible for 100 men to have no hair and wear such shite clothes?

I think I complained to five different officers about the amount of poles standing drinking, I said if it was a Scottish fan we would have been arrested and they all just basically shrugged their shoulders!!

Before the Germany game the Polis were giving it the big I ams to people drinking on the wee grassy bit next to tescos and the high rise flats getting folk to stop drinking, there was no problem whatsoever. They are a shower of shiftless good for nothing, shitebag, egotistical s

This is an edited highlights version with involved much discussion with stewards and police. And the fans in question who moved in front of us were clearly of the hooligan variety as were many more in that section.

without getting into the whole club debate, the "away" fans when in numbers get away with it while your average harmless home fan gets it in the neck by the cops, every time

Yeah, a couple of hundred Motherwell fans wouldn't get the same softly softly approach.

I don't mind this approach, except it shows up the shite bag inconsistency.

:sing: wee boys, you only lift wee boys...

Who mentioned any clubs?

I presume he's alluding to the fact that Motherwell fans (as an example) are policed very differently from Celtic or Rangers fans at pittodrie, stmirren....

As he said, not to bring club politics into it, but it's the same shitebag mentality of picking on small groups of teenage boys.

I presume he's alluding to the fact that Motherwell fans (as an example) are policed very differently from Celtic or Rangers fans at pittodrie, stmirren....

As he said, not to bring club politics into it, but it's the same shitebag mentality of picking on small groups of teenage boys.

spot on, cheers

I never mentioned Motherwell

Edit: just seen someone else did while I was typing

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Spot on.

On the way to the game last night a WPC spotted a Scotland fan drinking out of a can whilst walking to the ground so she removed it from him. As he walked away he said "well done, you'll get a promotion for that". No swearing and some mild banter. She decides to give him a fixed penalty for it. She could have done it right away for the can but only did it as he was cheeky.

Compare that to the Police "response " to the Polish fans. Utterly useless.

I'll be making a formal complaint to the SFA and Police Scotland and unless others do too there's absolutely no chance of anything changing.