Hibs V Aberdeen - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought at times in first half it was just a matter of time for Aberdeen to score. Our defence was immense tonight, not a great fan of 5 at the back but Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor didnt give Rooney and Goodwillie a look in.

Couldnt believe how slow Considine looked, one run from Cummings (who isnt exactly a speed merchant) showed him up. Thought Logan played well for Aberdeen and Rooney is a big hard that you would take in your team anyday. As for the rest, meh.

Really well taken goals from Cummings and Malonga. Hoping for a wee derby at home in the quarters.

Edited by giblet

Hibs played ok i thought, without looking particularly dangerous (up until they scored, that is!). Fair play to them, they took their chances and we didn't.

Nae idea why we played the lad from Liverpool out of position - he looked poor, but not entirely his fault.

Hopefully it's a wee wake up call for Saturday.

Edited by dieselarmy

Sounds daft to say, but it's almost a blessed relief to lose.

This is a ridiculous run (in a good way) that Aberdeen have been on, but with every win comes the pressure and expectation to win the next game, and then the next game, and then the next game, and then...etc etc.

Along with that, you become a big target and a big scalp and every single team raises their game against you. It's difficult to ask a relatively small squad to keep up that level of performance every week.

I thought we would lose at Tynecastle, but the game tonight was a close second. No idea how the game was, but by all accounts Hibs deserved it so good luck to them.

The biggest pity is that our realistic targets for this season are the cups, and one is already gone. McInnes's task now is to make sure that the team bounce back on Saturday, having suffered a setback and a couple of injuries.

Should be an interesting game against a decent ICT side.

Thought at times in first half it was just a matter of time for Aberdeen to score. Our defence was immense tonight, not a great fan of 5 at the back but Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor didnt give Rooney and Goodwillie a look in.

Couldnt believe how slow Considine looked, one run from Cummings (who isnt exactly a speed merchant) showed him up. Thought Logan played well for Aberdeen and Rooney is a big hard that you would take in your team anyday. As for the rest, meh.

Really well taken goals from Cummings and Malonga. Hoping for a wee derby at home in the quarters.

That sounds like someone Garry O'Connor might know.

If we actually had a team in the top league that made it difficult for us,we may have won tonight,but we don't.

I blame Scottish football for tonight's result.

:lol:

Lap of honour... Standing ovation for the players... Fans staying inside the ground to sing sunshine on leith... Possibly a DVD on the horizon too?

Pretty pleasing to see how big a scalp we actually are these days.

LOL. The TAMB darlings are out.

Dress it up all you want.

#weecup #treble #dons #out

J

No complaints about the result as Hibs were probably more up for it than Aberdeen.

Didn't think there was much in it but a good finish from Cummings who looked good all night and some poor defending for the 2nd. Taylor & Parker somehow managed to make an arse of things in the Hibs box which allowed them to hit us on the break.

Highlight of the match was a guy a few rows behind shouting "It's Niall time" just before McGinn was about to take a free kick.

We didn't play well and well done Hibs for punishing us with two good goals, though the 2nd was as much down to bad defending but fair play to Malonga who took it well.

Disappointing to go out but we were due a slip up given the run of fixtures we've had and, if given the choice, I'd rather it happened last night as it gives us the chance to bounce back on Saturday, the Inverness game for me is more important to try and keep our five point lead in tact.

No complaints about the result as Hibs were probably more up for it than Aberdeen.

Didn't think there was much in it but a good finish from Cummings who looked good all night and some poor defending for the 2nd. Taylor & Parker somehow managed to make an arse of things in the Hibs box which allowed them to hit us on the break.

Highlight of the match was a guy a few rows behind shouting "It's Niall time" just before McGinn was about to take a free kick.

Having seen Hibs quite a few times over the last 2 seasons I think Cummings is probably their best player.

I had wondered why no one has come in for him as he looks capable for the SPFL level