Labour Leadership - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Leadership

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great comments on The Daily Mail website as usual.

hogroaster, surrey, 6 hours ago

Couldn't even summon enough respect to do up his top button. Absolutely disgusted by him, and everyone who voted for him. GET SOME RESPECT MAN. THESE PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!!

The song "god save the queen" died for my freedom? Everyday is a school day.

Great comments on The Daily Mail website as usual.

hogroaster, surrey, 6 hours ago

Couldn't even summon enough respect to do up his top button. Absolutely disgusted by him, and everyone who voted for him. GET SOME RESPECT MAN. THESE PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!!

I'm with hogroaster on this. These people died to give Corbyn freedom of thought and expression and it's disgusting that he then goes and dishonours them by...erm...exercising his freedom of expression in deciding what he's going to wear to the ceremony today.

"A mythical deity (that I don't believe exists) please save this human who happened to be born into a position of power due to the barbarity of some time distant relative.

May this person live long, oh thing that I don't believe in save her.

Again mithical thing make sure she wins in things, oh and make sure she is happy and glorious.

Please please may this person dominate over us (remembering the cooch that she came out of weird gas thing).

Please save her imaginary friend."

No wonder he didn't bloody sing. It's so feckin stupid.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

This amused me greatly! :lol:

image.jpg1_zps3u2zcje8.jpg

:lol:

Good comeback from Commander Keen!

Time will tell

Aye, indeed. I didn't think he had a cat in hell's chance of not finishing last in the Labour leadership race and look what happened there.

Undoubtedly, he'll have to put up with five years of being painted as the beardy weirdy with the nutty views and scruffy clothes by our old friend the MSM, similar to what Milliband got but much, much worse.

Unlike Ed, though, I suspect Corbyn disnae give a jot. And after five years of full-fat Toryism, maybe people will start to think that there might be an alternative, better way of doing things.

Then again, around this time last year I was counting on a great mass of folk thinking like that too. :(

I really do not understand the train of thought that Corbyn cannot win an election. Living in England there is no real alternative vote to Tory or Labour. UKIP, Lib Dems, Green all have their place but you are going to vote either Red or Blue. We had a Tory majority voted in with 100 more seats than Labour on 2million more votes. Give or take 11.3 million for Tory to 9.3 million for labour. 46 million people could have voted but only about 30 million chose to. If Corbyn can reach out to the disenfranchised voters through an alternative arguement then I can see him growing in popularity regardless of the media campaign against him.

A sizeable chunk of Britain's male population won't own a suit or possibly even a tie and yet the MSM evidently think it's an important factor in swinging the vote from Labour to the Tories.

I also don't know anyone who's got a good word to say about that pro-monarchy, pro- serfdom dirge that he didn't sing today - time for people to think about what it stands for (and it's not 'Britain' by any means).

If Corbyn can reach out to the disenfranchised voters through an alternative arguement then I can see him growing in popularity regardless of the media campaign against him.

He'll have a job deflecting all the dung the media will fire at him. 2 days in and it's been constant.

Can you imagine what it'll be like if it appears a republican could be on his way to number 10!

:lol:

Good comeback from Commander Keen!

Aye, indeed. I didn't think he had a cat in hell's chance of not finishing last in the Labour leadership race and look what happened there.

Undoubtedly, he'll have to put up with five years of being painted as the beardy weirdy with the nutty views and scruffy clothes by our old friend the MSM, similar to what Milliband got but much, much worse.

Unlike Ed, though, I suspect Corbyn disnae give a jot. And after five years of full-fat Toryism, maybe people will start to think that there might be an alternative, better way of doing things.

Then again, around this time last year I was counting on a great mass of folk thinking like that too. :(

Do you know, right from the off I thought that Corbyn had the ideologies to win and fancied him (not like that...). Not enough to bet him at umpteen to one though, sadly. I'm no soothsayer, merely one who is now intrigued about politics again, after a circa 10 year hiatus. As a one time Liberal Democrat paid up member, I've been disillusioned for years, so it's about time the tedium of the latter-day Blair/Brown terms, subsequent fait accompli, unchallenged Cameron ennui and opportunistic SNP eras were muddled by others, for democracy's sake, if nothing else.

Whilst I have admittedly voted for some of the aforementioned 'alternatives' to my hitherto beloved Lib Dems (God bless Messrs Ashdown and Kennedy - the modern golden age, alas, not matched since), no party has ever really 'struck a chord' so I have high hopes for New New (Old?) Labour, despite having never voted for them in my life.

I find it amusing the great difficulty you have processing someone acting on principle. Why doesn't he just pretend ?

Because if he doesn't he will win feck all in 2020. I find it equally amusing you find this difficult to process ;-) he's got the entire media after him he can stick to his principles and play the game they are not mutually exclusive.

I really do not understand the train of thought that Corbyn cannot win an election. Living in England there is no real alternative vote to Tory or Labour. UKIP, Lib Dems, Green all have their place but you are going to vote either Red or Blue. We had a Tory majority voted in with 100 more seats than Labour on 2million more votes. Give or take 11.3 million for Tory to 9.3 million for labour. 46 million people could have voted but only about 30 million chose to. If Corbyn can reach out to the disenfranchised voters through an alternative arguement then I can see him growing in popularity regardless of the media campaign against him.

Exactly - everyone hs been going on about how their is no choice and Labour are just the same s the Tories so what is the point either voting or voting Labour. Now there is a chance of a real alternative they are saying people won't vote for what they have been screaming for! Makes no sense to me.

I also think that if they go for him like another Project Fear that it could well have the same effect on many as during indyref where they see right through it

Sadly, either Corbyn will go before Christmas (if that long) and/or Labour will split. Not a chance in hell he will be contest the next election.

If Labour membership continues to increase, and polls continue to increase in Labours favour there's not a thing the PLP can do no matter how much they disagree with the leader.

I dare say the media onslaught will take its toll eventually in the class disillusioned and those looking for the slightest excuse to vote UKIP.

The guy gets better with every passing day. Trolling British nationalists and royalists with total ease. Outstanding. He's making a total c*** of Britain and I love it.

The guy gets better with every passing day. Trolling British nationalists and royalists with total ease. Outstanding. He's making a total c*** of Britain and I love it.

Ha, ha!

The key will be winning the 20 something votes, or motivating them to go out and vote. It is a bleak time to be a teenager at the moment with little career prospects and living with your parents until you are 40. Every generation wants to be the opposite of its previous generation, so maybe we are looking at the cycle ending of career identikit politicians to people with a bit more substance.

More importantly, they don't tend to get their information from newspapers so daily attacks are less effective .