How To Beat Poland? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How To Beat Poland?

er yir macaroon

Some changes required. Gordon to replace Marshall who hasn't produced any wonder saves that Gordon can be relied upon to do. Our corners and free kicks have been shocking - bring in Adam for the suspended Morrison and play him in an advanced role. Mulgrew offers nothing at left back, bring in Robertson. Mulgrew to compete with Fletcher and MacArthur to play alongside Brown, who can keep his place if his form improves in the next 30 days. Up front is too complicated to think about right now.

I think it would be very harsh to drop Marshall to be honest. Team for me:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Morrison

Ritchie

Naismith

If we're no winning at halftime, hook Hutton and Robertson, stick Mulgrew and Thumb on and tell the players to go f***ing mental. A win would be great, a defeat I can handle as long as we go for the win. A draw would be a disgrace.

0-0 it is then. :(

Adam isn't a bad shout. I personally don't think we have what it takes to match Poland in open play and think we will rely on a set piece, defensive error or moment of brilliance from the likes of Maloney or Adam to get the win. He just needs to be told to keep the Hollywood passes to a minimum.

Edited by Saint4805

You all seem to be forgetting that post match last night our manager was waxing lyrical about how fantastic his team were, how proud he was of them and that there were "no fails".

Why would he dare meddle with such a fantastic team (except Morrison of course). I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he just brought in Ritchie for Morrison and otherwise went for exactly the same team.

3 - 5 - 2 formation with a surprise name in the middle -----

Marshall

Martin Hanley Robertson

Anya Brown Allan Mulgrew Ritchie

Griffiths - Naismith

The 3 defenders can all tackle

Brown & Mulgrew to sit in front of the back 3 same as they have done for Celtic and also Scotland in the past with great success

Anya and Ritchie have the speed to get up and down the wide area's and beat a man + Ritchie has a great shot on him

Griffiths has the ability to score from anywhere and Naismith will work his socks of and can really pish defenders off

Ok - Yes I have included Scott Allan, he has the ability to beat a man in tight spaces [centre midfield], can also play the killer pass to split defences open and has a good shot on him.

We need to gamble and my money would be on him