How To Beat Poland? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How To Beat Poland?

er yir macaroon

I don't think I'd play Anya. And definitely not Forrest. I'd drop Fletcher if he's playing the lone forward role also.

Gordon

Hutton

Hanley

Martin

Whittaker

Brown

Fletcher

MacArthur

Naismith

Maloney

Griffiths

Not entirely happy with that team but Anya has been ineffective in most games unfortunately. Morrison suspended isn't a great loss.

ParisInAKilt, on 08 Sept 2015 - 2:19 PM, said:

Brown

MacArthur

Naismith

Maloney

Griffiths

Not entirely happy with that team but Anya has been ineffective in most games unfortunately. Morrison suspended isn't a great loss.

In the land of the midgets, the 5 foot tall man is king.

I think it would be very harsh to drop Marshall to be honest. Team for me:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Morrison

Ritchie

Naismith

If we're no winning at halftime, hook Hutton and Robertson, stick Mulgrew and Thumb on and tell the players to go f***ing mental. A win would be great, a defeat I can handle as long as we go for the win. A draw would be a disgrace.

0-0 it is then. :(

Are you sure advising Thumb to 'go mental' is a good idea? :lol:

3 - 5 - 2 formation with a surprise name in the middle -----

Marshall

Martin Hanley Robertson

Anya Brown Allan Mulgrew Ritchie

Griffiths - Naismith

The 3 defenders can all tackle

Didn't Strachan try a similar system which got exposed by the might of Gibraltar? What would Lewandovski and Milik do to it?

Didn't Strachan try a similar system which got exposed by the might of Gibraltar? What would Lewandovski and Milik do to it?

The formation against Gibraltar wasn't the problem (although I don't think 3 at the back was necessary), it was two attacking full backs and one centre half with no great pace.

I'd imagine/hope we'll go with something like:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanlon

Robertson

Brown

Mulgrew

Naismith

Maloney

Anya

Fletcher

We still choosing Mulgrew due to his set piece delivery?

I think Mulgrew will start at LB again ahead of Andy Robertson as it now seems to be WGS's preference against better teams.

McArthur will probably start v Poland but I wonder if D Fletcher will get a place somewhere.

Maybe Brown, Fletcher and McArthur in a 4-3-3 midfield ?

Wouldn't be unhappy with that myself.

im just as petrified of milik, 37 in 43 for Ajax and 9 in 19 for Poland, we can only dream of having a player like him. he will be playing for a top 4 premiership team next season.

I have to confess my ignorance about him but that does sound pretty formidable.

So, part from those two.................................we have....err......shit :oops:

Put lewandoski in the ait early on. Wish someone would havr just hit muller with a solid tacklr and wind him up a bit. Main problem was we couldny get near the ####er. Same with Neur when he was tryn to play ay the back, go in and catch him early on.