The View From Ireland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The View From Ireland

TheBoysinGreen

I think the Ireland team is well equipped to get a point in Poland and possibly against Germany. A victory in either is very unlikely based on this and recent campaigns.

No hard feelings towards Ireland if they make it, they got a point in Germany and beat Georgia away, that's points gained on us from their defeat.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Mystic Meg so don't know how any game is going to go, but in ROI's 2 matches v us they resembled a 1980's English first division long-ball side.

They scored one goal in 2 matches against us and it was offside.

It actually embarrasses me to see the Irish support gloating and patting their own back because of our own disaster v Georgia.

The paddy power Roy Keane truck also doesn't make me want to see Ireland do at all well.

Not Mystic Meg so don't know how any game is going to go, but in ROI's 2 matches v us they resembled a 1980's English first division long-ball side.

They scored one goal in 2 matches against us and it was offside.

It actually embarrasses me to see the Irish support gloating and patting their own back because of our own disaster v Georgia.

The paddy power Roy Keane truck also doesn't make me want to see Ireland do at all well.

Not Mystic Meg so don't know how any match is going to go, but in Scotlands visit to Dublin you resembled a 1990's relegation side. Against Gerogia you were a Vauxhall Championship team.

It actually embarrassed me to see the Scottish support gloating and patting their own back because they drew with a "pish" team in June and got one point against Germany and Poland.

The fact some random person called me Seamus and doesn't like Guinness also doesn't make me want to see Scotland do at all well

Boys in Green I'm sure if we were headed straight for automatic qualification that we'd all, or at least mostly, be rooting for Ireland to nab the playoff spot, apologies to Poles, to ensure the whole of the British Islands would be going to France - what a party.

That we might not for the first time screw it up after a promising start doesn't bring out the best. It's jealousy, but end of the day you guys chased down the matches in Germany and Georgia and got your rewards, we didn't.

I like Guinness, but less keen on expat Scots playing for Ireland when they could be giving us goals and taking us places.

We'll see what happens next month!

Edited by jockodile

Boys in Green I'm sure if we were headed straight for automatic qualification that we'd all, or at least mostly, be rooting for Ireland to nab the playoff spot, apologies to Poles, to ensure the whole of the British Islands would be going to France - what a party.

Still possible for Ireland to finish second and us third, so your scenario could yet happen...

So its out of our hands but could be back in them after the next match.

Ireland's best chance is us not beating Poland in Glasgow IMHO.

If we beat Poland and Ireland beat Germany then a draw between Poland and Ireland in the last match will put us out. Any other result for Ireland against Germany leaves it in our hands if we beat Poland. That game really is the big one. Sounds quite straightforward when it's written down (as long as I've done my sums properly :lol:

If we beat Poland and Ireland beat Germany then a draw between Poland and Ireland in the last match will put us out. Any other result for Ireland against Germany leaves it in our hands if we beat Poland. That game really is the big one. Sounds quite straightforward when it's written down (as long as I've done my sums properly :lol:

Ireland and Poland would not want to play for a draw, considering it means one of them have to then go to the playoffs

As an Ireland supporter im not yet convinced that we can qualify either fluking second place or getting through to the playoffs. Germany will put us to the sword in Dublin and I fear that Poland will gain all three points in Warsaw after being defeated by the Scotts. The Scotts have nothing to lose playing the Poles.

Not Mystic Meg so don't know how any match is going to go, but in Scotlands visit to Dublin you resembled a 1990's relegation side. Against Gerogia you were a Vauxhall Championship team.

It actually embarrassed me to see the Scottish support gloating and patting their own back because they drew with a "pish" team in June and got one point against Germany and Poland.

The fact some random person called me Seamus and doesn't like Guinness also doesn't make me want to see Scotland do at all well

That truck was pathetic, and was just an earlier rehash of a banner at Parkhead ''McCarthy voted for freedom''

Desperately hope you miss out in really unfortunate fashion (a missed handball maybe?) just to piss you off.

You suddenly became very vocal on here as soon as we stopped getting results.

That truck was pathetic, and was just an earlier rehash of a banner at Parkhead ''McCarthy voted for freedom''

Desperately hope you miss out in really unfortunate fashion (a missed handball maybe?) just to piss you off.

You suddenly became very vocal on here as soon as we stopped getting results.

Im guessing that Parkhead banner was something celtic fans did? I dont follow the SPL ...hence im asking

As for paddypower ..... ....i seriously doubt they copied the parkhead banner ......the freedom jibe was easy an subject to use after ye're referendum vote.... they didnt need to see a banner to come up with it i would imagine.

The vast majority of Scotland fans....took it for what it was.....harmless fun and were great sports about it.

Honestly....with respect ....its not worth getting that wound up about it.

Also remember PaddyPower are a betting company...their aim is to advertise and make money ANYWAY they can.....and that campaign worked....as did many others where they took the p*ss out of supporters (including our own)

Equally PaddyPower are NOT the irish fans.....the same fans who had great craic ,banter,sportmanship and camradery with the scottish fans during their trip to Dublin.....so surely wishing another "thierry henry" on us...is going a bit OTT

Anyhow ...best of luck for the rest of the group

cheers!

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Im guessing that Parkhead banner was something celtic fans did? I dont follow the SPL ...hence im asking

As for paddypower ..... ....i seriously doubt they copied the parkhead banner ......the freedom jibe was easy an subject to use after ye're referendum vote.... they didnt need to see a banner to come up with it i would imagine.

The vast majority of Scotland fans....took it for what it was.....harmless fun and were great sports about it.

Honestly....with respect ....its not worth getting that wound up about it.

Also remember PaddyPower are a betting company...their aim is to advertise and make money ANYWAY they can.....and that campaign worked....as did many others where they took the p*ss out of supporters (including our own)

Equally PaddyPower are NOT the irish fans.....the same fans who had great craic ,banter,sportmanship and camradery with the scottish fans during their trip to Dublin.....so surely wishing another "thierry henry" on us...is going a bit OTT

Anyhow ...best of luck for the rest of the group

cheers!

Eh no....it was one of your fans in the November match against Scotland holding that banner.

You'll not find many on here up for a joke about the referendum.

And talking of getting wound up, you posted a topic on this forum immediately after our Georgia defeat asking us how we thought the group would go, if thats not an attempt to wind us up or rub salt in the wounds then I don't know what is.

Jonathan Walters ''Thierry Henry''d us at the Aviva in the 1-1 draw by scoring a goal which was both offside and a handball..and yet i'm sure you probably still want the play-off v France replayed but will overlook your own.

I wish all the Henry's in the world against you.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

BraveheartGordon please take a :chillpill:, if you take a wee look at Green_Tide_Rising's posting history you'll see he's never engaged in any anti-Scottish baiting of any kind and has been a very constructive poster. In fact pretty much all of the Irish fans on here have made some interesting contributions and proved that they can take a joke.

Though I'm a proud Scot first and foremost, I am also a Hibernophile and I wish Ireland well if they qualify.

Eh no....it was one of your fans in the November match against Scotland holding that banner.

And talking of getting wound up, you posted a topic on this forum immediately after our Georgia defeat asking us how we thought the group would go, if thats not an attempt to wind us up or rub salt in the wounds then I don't know what is.

Jonathan Walters ''Thierry Henry''d us at the Aviva in the 1-1 draw by scoring a goal which was both offside and a handball..and yet i'm sure you probably still want the play-off v France replayed but will overlook your own.

Was at the game in parkhead - didnt see that banner.

Judging by the below link - there was plenty on here that could joke about the referendum banner advert ..... and Unlike you......to have some COP ON and not take the banner seriously

http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=5135

Im not sure what post that your referring to after ye're defeat to georgia that i seemingly wrote......I do remembering posting a comment after our win over Gibraltar stating that the group was far from over despite ye're loss.....WHICH IS TRUE and is WHAT I BELIEVE.

Im a grown man FFS ....Ive better things to be doing than going on a bloody internet forum and winding anyone up......nor have i ever done so on this or any other forum

Walters goal was a offside ....no question about it (didnt see the handball ...need to check that again).....either way it should not have stood.

Unfortunately that happens in football. Im quite sure Scotland over the years have been granted goals that should not have been allowed.

And FYI....I was in Paris the night of Henrys handball......and NO i didnt/nor ever wanted a replay.......it was sh*te when it happened.....but as above ....thats football ....and sometimes decisions can be just sh*te....but have to be accepted

As for you wishing us more Henry's..........ah I dont really give a toss

Goodluck to you

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

My god teddy seems to have been strapped to a rocket launcher - bet you are a barrel of laughs on a night out

Some Irish lad run off with your boyfriend/girlfriend or something

If we don't qualify, couldn't really care less who does. I suppose most neutrals would want Germany to go through as they are looking like a genuinely good side, the Finals would be dimished by their not being there. Not something you could say about Ireland or Poland (or us).

Ireland are an awful football team who's current brand of football is best left at home during a major championship.there is no hope in hell they will beat Germany.I also don't think we'll beat Poland.

Edited by allyc