The View From Ireland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The View From Ireland

TheBoysinGreen

Both Ireland and Scotland are utter pish.

Only difference is that Scotland attempt to play football whereas Ireland thump their chests, sing 'you'll never beat the Irish', and lump long balls forward.

Both teams will lose a 3rd place play-off.

I wouldn't be so sure. You'll be seeded and if Holland don't make it we'll be seeded too

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as taking care of Georgia, the Irish must be praying for Scotland not to pull off a shock win tonight as it would effectively knock them out. Germany would drop to second and would most likely go to Dublin and win leavng Ireland needing to beat Poland in Warsaw to get a play off spot.

Only difference is that Scotland attempt to play football whereas Ireland thump their chests, sing 'you'll never beat the Irish', and lump long balls forward.

Do you know the draw for that already do you? Whoever finishes third will win their game IMO no matter the opposition .

As well as taking care of Georgia, the Irish must be praying for Scotland not to pull off a shock win tonight as it would effectively knock them out. Germany would drop to second and would most likely go to Dublin and win leavng Ireland needing to beat Poland in Warsaw to get a play off spot.

Can you see th Scots beating Germany and Ireland losing tonight?

Whereas Scotland scream "get intae em ta " and "We're due a win against a big team Jimmy".

Do you know the draw for that already do you? Whoever finishes third will win their game IMO no matter the opposition .

I know the draw as much as you know that both teams will win no matter the opposition.

Whereas Scotland scream "get intae em ta " and "We're due a win against a big team Jimmy".

Thanks for your input.

I can easily see very hard game for Ireland with ambitious Georia team wanting another win.

Draw is a likely score, Georgia win possible (with Ireland win of course the most likely outcome)

You need to remember that your reasonably good position in the group after Friday is a result of Scotlands cock-up, not your spectacular football.

Another cracking night of football ahead of us for sure :)

I can easily see very hard game for Ireland with ambitious Georia team wanting another win.

Draw is a likely score, Georgia win possible (with Ireland win of course the most likely outcome)

You need to remember that your reasonably good position in the group after Friday is a result of Scotlands cock-up, not your spectacular football.

And you need to remember that you got off the hook in Dublin, and won't get off as easily in Warsaw ?

That's football. We got good points away to Georgia and Germany. We should have beaten Poland at home - we played great in the second half. Admittedly we were very poor against you but I don't think you were much better tbh. It hasn't all been down to you slipping up.

And you need to remember that you got off the hook in Dublin, and won't get off as easily in Warsaw

Got off the hook? Watch the highlights would you? We fully deserved that point and really should have won. I bet you just looked at the minute we scored and assumed we "got off the hook" Lazy comment.

Edited by TheBoysinGreen

Got off the hook? Watch the highlights would you? We fully deserved that point and really should have won. I bet you just looked at the minute we scored and assumed we "got off the hook" Lazy comment.

I'm Irish mate, I'm saying to the Polish bloke that they got off the hook ??

Not really. We have taken two points from Germany and Poland. Remains to be seen can you take more

Apart from our one win vs RoI - we haven't done anything special in this campaign - your draw in Germany I guess is your one good result.

Losing at Hampden and drawing vs us in Dublin obviously poor results.

Edited by tjm007