Match Thread - Georgia (A) - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Georgia (A)

Clyde1998

Our worst competitive result and performance under Strachan by a country mile. No complaints about the result as the better team won on the night. Sadly, we are regressing and after tonight we can have no complaints about missing out on the Euros. I can't give any player pass marks though Hutton was least poor of the lot and did show a bit of passion. However, too often he got forward and nobody was overlapping in support.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First 10 -15 minutes Hutton was strolling it down the line, after that I don't know what happened to him, brown is hitting 50 yard balls back to Marshall when he could have squared it, fcukin shite, and an earlier post Said that we were taking too many touches before passing the ball, totally true, midfield were to deep, aaarrrggggghhhhhh, SHITE

Did strachan just defend that performance,saying we were unlucky,never deserved to lose and tried.

Or did I imagine it?

I don't think you imagined it.

i think he did say something like, it should have been enough to not lose, or something - very odd

First 10 -15 minutes Hutton was strolling it down the line, after that I don't know what happened to him, brown is hitting 50 yard balls back to Marshall when he could have squared it, fcukin shite, and an earlier post Said that we were taking too many touches before passing the ball, totally true, midfield were to deep, aaarrrggggghhhhhh, SHITE

https://vine.co/v/OLtHTjWvUDd

Edited by giblet

#Hutton is currently trending on Twitter. The comments aren't very complimentary.

Im beyond words.

Under Platini's plans, the France finals will be the last finals in one country, plus the easiest place to travel to for a summer tournament.

AND WE WILL NOT FCKING BE THERE!!!

the English the welsh the irish even Iceland are all going to be there and we can only watch on in total utter embarrassment.

Im beyond words.

Under Platini's plans, the France finals will be the last finals in one country, plus the easiest place to travel to for a summer tournament.

AND WE WILL NOT FCKING BE THERE!!!

the English the welsh the irish even Iceland are all going to be there and we can only watch on in total utter embarrassment.

Good chance every home nation ( inc Ireland ) will be there.

Plenty of sun loungers will available across holiday destinations throughout the summer :(

The "team" should be made to watch a recording of that sh*te on repeat on the flight home. Then they should wait at the airport for the fans coming back and personally apologise to every last one of them who shelled out their hard-earned cash travelling to go and watch that. Fkin gutless, embarrassing p1sh.

I refused to believe it would be one of those classic turgid, under-par Scottish struggles against an average but well-organised and technically decent team who would frustrate us and get the winning goal but it happened.

I would have kept on Naismith and Anya (they always have the potential to create a 'moment') on and taken Fletcher off for Griffiths earlier personally but it doesn't matter now. I suspect Fletcher was kept on to possibly nick a headed goal from a cross but first of all the delivery has to be good, secondly we were up against 5 atb and third we took off Anya, a fast winger. At least Forrest looked urgent when he came on.

We looked like we didn't believe in ourselves tonight, going through the motions, if that continues then we will see our most effective players like eg Anya deteriorate. And we need our players to believe so they can continue to give us moments like in Germany (but better results). Otherwise we will be watching tonight's performance on repeat for the foreseeable future. Every team in the group has had their 'bad' result, tonight was ours, so I hope we regroup and find a second wind, let's not over-react (hard to do after 0 shots on target tonight, I know).

I refused to believe it would be one of those classic turgid, under-par Scottish struggles against an average but well-organised and technically decent team who would frustrate us and get the winning goal but it happened.

I would have kept on Naismith and Anya (they always have the potential to create a 'moment') on and taken Fletcher off for Griffiths earlier personally but it doesn't matter now. I suspect Fletcher was kept on to possibly nick a headed goal from a cross but first of all the delivery has to be good, secondly we were up against 5 atb and third we took off Anya, a fast winger. At least Forrest looked urgent when he came on.

We looked like we didn't believe in ourselves tonight, going through the motions, if that continues then we will see our most effective players like eg Anya deteriorate. And we need our players to believe so they can continue to give us moments like in Germany (but better results). Otherwise we will be watching tonight's performance on repeat for the foreseeable future. Every team in the group has had their 'bad' result, tonight was ours, so I hope we regroup and find a second wind, let's not over-react (hard to do after 0 shots on target tonight, I know).

Naismith is rank, and it wouldn't bother me if he played for Scotland again, and as for Anya , he doesn't do much