Too Much Thinking! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Too Much Thinking!

tom1172

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must beat Georgia, no point talking about play offs.....cos would we qualify from them???

I hope and think we will qualify 1st or 2nd....

But does the Poland game not feel exactly like the Czech game a few years back? Kevin blom and all that!

Can imagine the response to this but gonna say it anyway.

I'm dreading the Georgia game. Our history in must game wins which I class the Georgia game is woeful.

We seem to have a knack of getting within the finishing line and tripping over our own baws to no quite make it.

For those who know me, they know I'm one of the most optimistic of Scotland fans going but I'm that nervous about this it's unreal.

Please prove me wrong Scotland.

Can imagine the response to this but gonna say it anyway.

I'm dreading the Georgia game. Our history in must game wins which I class the Georgia game is woeful.

We seem to have a knack of getting within the finishing line and tripping over our own baws to no quite make it.

For those who know me, they know I'm one of the most optimistic of Scotland fans going but I'm that nervous about this it's unreal.

Please prove me wrong Scotland.

dont think anyone knows you :moon: and if they do they will not admit it :D:guitar::cheers3:

If we win in Georgia personally i hope Poland beat Germany.

The Germans then must beat us at Hampden.

I totally disagree. If we beat Georgia then best result for us is Germany beating Poland. Germany will then roll up to Hampden far more content with life and may see a draw as an acceptable result. A loss for Germany and the match at Hampden for them becomes a must-win. They will come at us like rabid dogs. No thanks.

How about a draw between Germany and Poland? Means they both drop points, keeps everything tighter at the top of the table. Otherwise think a win for Germany is better than Poland winning.

I'd prefer a German win. If they only draw V Poland they will be far more desperate for the win at Hampden. Plus look at their qualifying record - they ALWAYS qualify but the same cannot be said of Poland. It is the German psyche - they always find a way to qualify. The same can't be said of Poland.

I totally disagree. If we beat Georgia then best result for us is Germany beating Poland. Germany will then roll up to Hampden far more content with life and may see a draw as an acceptable result. A loss for Germany and the match at Hampden for them becomes a must-win. They will come at us like rabid dogs. No thanks.

On the other hand if Poland beat Germany, Poland will come to Hampden knowing that they only need 1 point from their last two games to guarantee qualification. Swings and roundabouts. Overall I think I would prefer a Germany win but a Poland win wouldn't be a disaster. The last thing we want is a draw in that game.

If Germany beat Poland we need to beat Poland at Hampden. If Poland beat Germany we need to beat Germany at Hampden. Lets just win both home games then the Germany v Poland game is irrelevant. :lol: