Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games

Argentina78

same squad for Georgia as started in Poland:

• 01 Marshall - Personally would replace with Gordon
  • 02 Hutton
  • 04 Martin
  • 05 Greer - WGS will replace with Hanley
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 07 Morrison
  • 08 Brown
  • 10 Naismith
  • 06 Maloney
  • 11 Anya
  • 09 Fletcher

Subs: Griffith for Fletcher about 45-60 mins, Ritchie on for who ever is off form.

He might also opt for Mulgrew somewhere, but I can't see him being a head of Brown and Morrison on current form.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall

Whittaker

Hanley

Martin

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Anya

Fletcher

Armstrong/Ritchie and Griffiths off bench

Actually was just thinking Whittaker in for Hutton would be a good choice. He plays left back so often, I forget he is right back. Also with Robertson 3/3 starts in a decent start from Hull, he is less concerning.

If Strachan backs Griffiths to start then I'll back him, but ... well I was about compare Sunderland's last three games with Malmo and Qarabag, but Swansea, Leicester and Norwich defeats aren't exactly that impressive.

I guess a Fletcher vs Griffith debate is due.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

No real surprises in the squad, although on current form Forrest is a lucky man/boy to still be getting a call-up.

Good to see Armstrong in there, although I'm still slightly concerned that Strachan ignores all non-Celtic players in the Scottish Premiership.

I hope that Jack and Shinnie don't have sign for Derby or Ipswich before they get a place in the squad.

No real surprises in the squad, although on current form Forrest is a lucky man/boy to still be getting a call-up.

Good to see Armstrong in there, although I'm still slightly concerned that Strachan ignores all non-Celtic players in the Scottish Premiership.

I hope that Jack and Shinnie don't have sign for Derby or Ipswich before they get a place in the squad.

The only ones who would even be close to a place outwith Celtic are Shinnie and possibly Lee Wallace, as we are light on options at LB after Robertson and Whittaker, still though they would just be squad players and nowhere near the team.

They get ignored for a reason.

2 very hard games and looking at the squad we have a lot of choice.

GS will be able to change the team from the Friday and they should still do a good job.

think Germany and Georgia managers will look at that squad and wonder what formation we will play

as there is plenty of options.

instead of only having 11 players and no back up if they are tired from the away trip.

Surprised no one has mentioned Darrren Fletcher, i think we need all our big game experienced players for these games and revert back to more of a 4-5-1 with Naismith up top, i thought Strachan made his first real errors in the changes he made in Ireland and could have cost us. Winning the midfield battle and taking our chances is key out in the Georgian heat. I'd opt for:

Marshall

Hutton Hanley Martin Whittaker (or Robertson)

Maloney D Fletcher Morrison S Brown Anya

S Naismith

I just feel S Brown was swamped vs Ireland with D Fletcher starting it would allow Brown and Morrison to advance more where necessary, with Maloney and Anya also a threat on each side.

Griffiths a decent sub to come on but lets not get carried away with the teams he is scoring goals against, in the past performances in the SPL dont necessarily guarantee performances at international level, in fact, other than S Brown or C Mulgrew recently it hasnt happened.

think Germany and Georgia managers will look at that squad and wonder what formation we will play

as there is plenty of options.

Reached the stage where even the Scotland fans struggle to guess his team...... most of it you can say "Brown, Martin, Hutton and Morrison are guaranteed starters".... but then you start getting things like Strachan really rates Matt Ritchie, and suddenly you start thinking how does he fit Anya, Naismith, Maloney and Ritchie into his team? Part of me thinks that was part of the reason for dropping Anya in Dublin, because it was so unexpected, with Anya coming on and having a sudden impact.

I think this is the least controversial squad I've seen in years. It's pretty hard to argue against almost all the inclusions. Or at least people expect certain players to be there so won't bother debating it.

I'd have had GMS in previous squads (and probably thsi one, too) but i understand why Strachan left him out this time.

Whittaker should definitely start at RB, with Hutton not getting game time and Whittaker paying all Norwich's games so far in same defence as Martin seems like a no-brainer to me but then WGS is loyal to players. Robertson or Mulgrew for LB? Would like to see Robertson myself.

Hopefully Rhodes would have been in instead of Chris Martin if fit.

Thought Dorrans might have made it but we are fairly strong in CM.