Tamb Running Thread - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Dave - I think I said earlier that your times would plummet as you stick with it.

I'm in London with work today so did another 10k in Hyde Park - the first 5k was 26 mins 10 secs and the 10k was 54 mins 30. Not the best but it was fecking freezing and the last 2k were murder. Onwards and upwards...

Completed my January runstreak and broke my monthly mileage total clocking up 150 miles so pleased with that.

Did Victoria parkrun in Glasgow at the weekend and it was the only good thing about the whole weekend. Nice course but what a bunch of southern softies. It was almost cancelled due to ice and it was perfectly fine just couple of areas to be a wee bit more careful. They were also going on about how tough it was in the wind when all there was was a short section which was a wee but blowy but nothing to write home about. They changed the route so it was a very congested start and it seemed a bit short according to my Garmin. Enjoyable all the same would like to go back and do the normal route and a great way to end my January running.

Hi guys,

I'm a member of a small group of runners in my town. We usually run 3 times a week (approx 45-50kms). Me and some guys are planning to come in Scotland for a race.

Ideally it would be something:

- between 12 and 16-17K,

- not on roads,

- with some hills (at least not flat all long),

- with beautiful landscapes,

- easily reachable from Edinbourgh,

- in either September or April/May.

What races tickes all these boxes? Which ones would you recommand me?

Many, many thanks for your help!

Goatfell on Arran, usually mid May so probably on the 16th this year.

Train to ardrosson, ferry across, start/finish is about 0.5m from the terminal.

10m race, with first / last mile on flat road, starts at sea level so you get the full 874m climb over 4m!

Nice race if decent weather and having to get the ferry makes it a bit of a novelty.

So last week's parkrun I finished 25th overall with a time of 21:47

This week I finish 50th with a new PB of 20:45 :) The conditions were a lot better this week as you may have guessed.

Harewood House Half Marathon (trail run) tomorrow.

Was wondering which parkrun this was and looked at Aberdeen results. Couldn't help notice who came 3rd. I guess he must have had a busy day so far to have not won it.

Was wondering which parkrun this was and looked at Aberdeen results. Couldn't help notice who came 3rd. I guess he must have had a busy day so far to have not won it.

I noticed that too :lol: Can't say I recognised him :unsure:

Edited by Lamia

:-)) If only he'd finished 24th, or in 24 minutes.

I run in York parkrun by the way.