Tamb Running Thread - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just back from Amsterdam marathon, legs and feet still a bit sore :-)) Time 4 13 - was hoping for 4 10 but last 8 mile was a killer :angry:

My lad was running also - his time was 2 58 :shocked:. He asked if I had been running backwards!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from Amsterdam marathon, legs and feet still a bit sore :-)) Time 4 13 - was hoping for 4 10 but last 8 mile was a killer :angry:

My lad was running also - his time was 2 58 :shocked:. He asked if I had been running backwards!!!

Well done, great effort. Would you recommend it?

Good effort, I was thinking of doing this one next year.

Any suggestions for a decent and reasonably priced jacket for running through the winter?

I had a fantastic gilet that I got when I started running years ago but the zip has now gone and I can't find anything like it now :( I have bought a new one but it is too lightweight for winter but ok for spring/autumn. I prefer a gillet to a full jacket because I find jackets build up moisture inside and a gilet is more breathable.

Anyone on here got really low body fat %?

I'm stuck on about 12% and can't seem to get down any lower. Would appreciate some advice if anyone has had a similar experience.

Yes I would recommend it - a bit crowded at the start coming out of the stadium, and then some narrow patches, but good crowd, and certainly flat all the way!

Scenery is pretty nice - apparently you run past a windmill - but my head must have been down as I never saw it!!

Good buzz coming in to the stadium at the end.

Good organisation.

Next year is their 40th anniversary of the marathon - so might be extra special Panda if you're thinking of doing it.

Now I'll have a few weeks off from training - before I start all over again, as got a ballot place in London next year. :o

How do you measure body fat? No idea what mine is or what is a good range % wise.

It's very difficult. I follow this:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/body-fat-calculator/

I guess that as long as you do it the same way every time, at least you'll get an idea of progress.

How hilly is it?

The vast majority of it is downhill. You get bused up the hill to the start area from where the bulk of the route is downhill. There are a couple of climbs but nothing major that I can remember. It finishes by the MacDonald Resort place.

The vast majority of it is downhill. You get bused up the hill to the start area from where the bulk of the route is downhill. There are a couple of climbs but nothing major that I can remember. It finishes by the MacDonald Resort place.

Cheers :ok:

Yes I would recommend it - a bit crowded at the start coming out of the stadium, and then some narrow patches, but good crowd, and certainly flat all the way!

Scenery is pretty nice - apparently you run past a windmill - but my head must have been down as I never saw it!!

Good buzz coming in to the stadium at the end.

Good organisation.

Next year is their 40th anniversary of the marathon - so might be extra special Panda if you're thinking of doing it.

Now I'll have a few weeks off from training - before I start all over again, as got a ballot place in London next year. :o

Brilliant. Must be first person I've heard getting in through the ballot. I was lucky last year. Unbelievable experience.

As much as I'd love to do the 40th edition, if it's the same weekend next year I've got a wedding and it's also the week after Gibraltar game! It's on the list of ones I want to do though.

Anyone on here got really low body fat %?

I'm stuck on about 12% and can't seem to get down any lower. Would appreciate some advice if anyone has had a similar experience.

I haven't trained in just under 2 years so I'm a fat at the moment, but when I was training I was always at my most comfortable at 12-14% Lowest I've been was 10% and I looked pretty good, but felt awful. I can't really offer much advice tbh, P. Scouser helped me quite a bit when I was cutting :ok:

I haven't trained in just under 2 years so I'm a fat bunny rabbit at the moment, but when I was training I was always at my most comfortable at 12-14% Lowest I've been was 10% and I looked pretty good, but felt awful. I can't really offer much advice tbh, P. Scouser helped me quite a bit when I was cutting :ok:

This is the best i've felt since i was about 18. Feel super fit and am really enjoying working out every day.

Going to have a few weeks of zero alcohol, which will hopefully help in getting a bit more fat off.