Tamb Running Thread - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed a 13km today. 3km further than i`ve ever ran in one go :guitar:

Got myself one of those nike+ watches. Worked much better than any of the garmins i`ve used before, picked up the gps signal straight away.

What is this witchcraft you speak of?

I've still never got round to doing the Park run.

I'll try this weekend. Do you have to do anything other than just turn up and err...run?

Register here

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/form/

print the barcode and take it with you every time you go. You can also order a plastic barcode which is good if you do parkrun a lot.

Haha! Aye exactly. That is surely some kind of sorcery.

Seen myself wait 10 mins sometimes and then said sod it and just went for my run

Never had any gps problems using free app nike plus on my phone - though need to buy an armband to carry it.

Haven't been for a run in ages due to a groin strain. Looking forward to a tentative 5k tomorrow - it has been so long since I did anything it will probably feel like a half marathon.

Just entered the Lumphanan Detox 10k on 2nd January.

The triathlete that I occasionally run 5ks with at lunchtimes at work has signed up for that and has been on at me to go for it too.

The run up the hill at the start is meant to be fecking brutal...

Lasswade 10 for me, a 10 mile road race over a fairly hilly course on 2 March 2015. My favourite race of the year, mainly because of the home baking available to competitors after the race!

http://www.lasswade-ac.org.uk/club/?page_id=23

I'm doing that, based on description of the route does sound very hilly. Also signed up for Devilla Forest 15k and Alloa 1/2, then Paris marathon.

Had a really enjoyable 6K organised by the Run4It shop in Aberdeen. They gave us clues and we had to find the Run4It staff based on these. We went round in teams with Santa hats and in our case Santa suits. It was really great fun :)

Had a really enjoyable 6K organised by the Run4It shop in Aberdeen. They gave us clues and we had to find the Run4It staff based on these. We went round in teams with Santa hats and in our case Santa suits. It was really great fun :)

I did a 6k on Sunday, we were all dressed in Santa suits and last years winner was dressed as a Christmas pud and the idea was for someone to catch up with him (and then be next years pud), was really good fun. Contrary to this article, there were no kids dressed as the Devil: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11651994.Charity_Santas_pud_on_their_running_shoes/

I did a 6k on Sunday, we were all dressed in Santa suits and last years winner was dressed as a Christmas pud and the idea was for someone to catch up with him (and then be next years pud), was really good fun. Contrary to this article, there were no kids dressed as the Devil: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11651994.Charity_Santas_pud_on_their_running_shoes/

Oh I don't know about that - there is one in the picture ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am intending to do a 5k a day through the holidays. Recovering from injury and the last two have taken me over 30mins to do. Will see where I am by the middle of January.

I'm hoping to do quite a few runs.

Got Parkrun on the 25th, the double header Parkrun on the 1st, Lumphanan 10k on the 2nd.

Hope to fit in at least one run of over 10 miles too.

Planning a few runs over the holidays myself. Currently only 15miles short of 1100 for the year. This is the first year Ive counted my total so more than happy with that.

I've seen plenty of people doing 2014 miles in the year 2014 but I'm nowhere near that level and I don't have the time either. 1100 will do me just fine!

Been hitting December hard. 14th run of the month and up to 784 miles according to Runkeeper and hopefully will get to 800 by Hogmanay.

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with running? Tonight I had a monster of a run, good time, enjoyable, wasn't breathing out of my behind and felt I could have gone for another hour. Yet the day before, managed 25 mins - laboured running and breathing, conditions were great too - no wind, yet ate reasonably well that day as I knew I'd be out later.

Hoping to do a few races next year. Still yet to figure out what distance to focus on - my average run seems to be 4.8 miles for the year, and not sure if I'm better at longer distance or 5-10km.

I bought a new pair of runners today, New Balance so looking forward to trying them out on Monday or Tuesday. I have a pair of Saucony £25 beasts which are pretty decent for me and wasn't sure if I should stick or twist with a new company.

Apologies, just rambling on, but happy running to all

Been hitting December hard. 14th run of the month and up to 784 miles according to Runkeeper and hopefully will get to 800 by Hogmanay.

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with running? Tonight I had a monster of a run, good time, enjoyable, wasn't breathing out of my behind and felt I could have gone for another hour. Yet the day before, managed 25 mins - laboured running and breathing, conditions were great too - no wind, yet ate reasonably well that day as I knew I'd be out later.

Hoping to do a few races next year. Still yet to figure out what distance to focus on - my average run seems to be 4.8 miles for the year, and not sure if I'm better at longer distance or 5-10km.

I bought a new pair of runners today, New Balance so looking forward to trying them out on Monday or Tuesday. I have a pair of Saucony £25 beasts which are pretty decent for me and wasn't sure if I should stick or twist with a new company.

Apologies, just rambling on, but happy running to all

?? You average 50+ miles?? Lol