Week Of Football - No No No No No - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Week Of Football - No No No No No

niallb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in England it's totally pissed me off. My boy could only get to two home games over the campaign. At least he should make 4 in the next one if I can get England Wembley tickets.

In my old job I would have struggled to get enough time off to cover home matches & personal holidays with family. I work for myself now and can please myself but I still don't like this week of football. Its designed for the armchair fan just as all football is nowadays.

Edited by vanderark14

I would prefer all our games to be on Saturdays, but life doesn't work like that any more. I actually quite like the idea of getting to watch loads of other team you don't normally get to see on days when Scotland aren't playing. Under the old system of everyone playing on the same day, the only time you ever saw other countries playing was at tournaments.

As long as we get 1-2 home games on a Saturday every tournament, I'm ok with that.

Yeah, it is. I was more taking the pish out of the "childcare" and "i can't take holidays whenever i want" (from someone who gets approx. 10 weeks off a year) complaints.

Yep and the old chesnut about the school holidays! Blah blah!! Yep we get lots and Im very grateful for that however as a football supporter with a love of my national team and wanting to travel away you just can't end of. I cant just say ok I fancy going to this game on a Tues so ill take the day off. We get 7 weeks off in June when there is no blooming football! Thats what this is all about after all!

laurataylordu, on 04 Aug 2015 - 1:37 PM, said:

Yep and the old chesnut about the school holidays! Blah blah!! Yep we get lots and Im very grateful for that however as a football supporter with a love of my national team and wanting to travel away you just can't end of. I cant just say ok I fancy going to this game on a Tues so ill take the day off. We get 7 weeks off in June when there is no blooming football! Thats what this is all about after all!

It's a shame that you were forced to enter the teaching profession against your will.

I thought it was the start of July when you get your holidays which will be a bit of a pisser if scotland qualify for France.

hannibal smith, on 04 Aug 2015 - 2:10 PM, said:

I thought it was the start of July when you get your holidays which will be a bit of a pisser if scotland qualify for France.

She'll still be able to make the quarter finals on-wards :ok:

Yeah, it is. I was more taking the pish out of the "childcare" and "i can't take holidays whenever i want" (from someone who gets approx. 10 weeks off a year) complaints.

Your a hard man Parkie. These poor teachers have to start at 0900 every day and never get finished before 1530. It's a hard life you know?

Orraloon, on 04 Aug 2015 - 3:14 PM, said:

Your a hard man Parkie. These poor teachers have to start at 0900 every day and never get finished before 1530. It's a hard life you know?

Hey, i think teachers have a tough job. I just thought the "i can't take holidays when i want" line was pretty funny when they get double the holidays of most folk.

It's better than the Friday/Tuesday system that was used a few years ago. At least there are some Saturday matches again during the Week Of Football.

I think some folk will prefer to save taking time off work to attend midweek home matches and concentrate on away games - especially if you like outside the central belt or in England.

Its all been said before

I understand Uefa's reasoning

Its been in place for a while now

I'm really just on here to get it all out

but.............

I really am sick and tired of it. The upcoming games really are hitting home how pap this whole idea is for me, Mr Monday-Friday 9-5. I live in the central belt so pretty much feel for the huge numbers who dont. Of course, Scotrail doesnt help by not putting on semi-late trains (I'm not asking all night - but at least a couple of trains through East and heading North which run a bit later than 11pm!)

Germany on a Monday.....Poland on a Thursday.

All in all - as much as it might be better for folk watching on TV - is anyone actually enjoying this format and its working out well for them??

quite right you are.

This fixture idea.... "i ain't seen such a sorry looking heap of maggot sh1t in all my life" (shawshake redeptemption)

48 seconds.

Edited by bonny78

In the good old days, internationals were *only* on Wednesday nights. Added to that, in order to get anything like a reasonable - never cheap - flight you had to stay a Saturday night. This meant that an away game was a minimum of four days off work. Made for some great trips but people complaining about the inconvience of dates now don't know they're born.

Edited by aaid

In the good old days, internationals were *only* on Wednesday nights. Added to that, in order to get anything like a reasonable - never cheap - flight you had to stay a Saturday night. This meant that an away game was a minimum of four days off work. Made for some great trips but people complaining about the inconvience of dates now don't know they're born.

Aye, but you've got to remember that everything is so much, much more difficult for youngsters nowadays. Or so they think, I blame over protective parenting.

Aye, but you've got to remember that everything is so much, much more difficult for youngsters nowadays. Or so they think, I blame over protective parenting.

No sorting everything out on the Internet either.

I remember looking at the Teletext flights page, not pressing the hold button in time and having to wait hours for it to go through 350 pages to get back to where you started.

I really feel for fowk that have to travel to home games from further afield than I do, it's enough of a pain in the erse travelling to and from Edinburgh, pishing about with time off work then the lottery of getting a train home. Can't imagine how much of a pain it must be travelling from remote areas. It's bs.