British Open - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

British Open

Orraloon

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It crazy to think matsuysma could shoot that today when you consider the conditions compared with yesterday. Superb stuff.

He's won me money 2 times I've bet on him, Augusta this year and one of them last year. If he could putt consistently he'd be a contender in every competition. Could say that about a lot of golfers though I suppose

He's won me money 2 times I've bet on him, Augusta this year and one of them last year. If he could putt consistently he'd be a contender in every competition. Could say that about a lot of golfers though I suppose

Anyone that can shoot 63 in those conditions is talented m8. Sounds like a bit of an underachiever. Much like Warren actually.

Kudos to the R&A for not abandoning play until Watsons group was on the eighteenth fairway. Some times you just do what is right.

:ok:

Was awfy sad

Another part of our youth hangs up his Open putter

I was hoping big Phil would appear and shake his hand :(

Nice gesture by Watson at the first tee when he went out a few minutes early to privately present a personal gift to the starter (the guy who's done it for years and years with the high voice but I don't know his name). He (the starter) was quite touched as it's his last ever tournament I think.

Good guy Watson doing this, especially when you think it was last also, but he thought of the other guy.

Nice gesture by Watson at the first tee when he went out a few minutes early to privately present a personal gift to the starter (the guy who's done it for years and years with the high voice but I don't know his name). He (the starter) was quite touched as it's his last ever tournament I think.

Good guy Watson doing this, especially when you think it was last also, but he thought of the other guy.

:ok::cry:

Yeah I thought that was a real reflection of the man as well, great gesture.

:ok::cry:

Yeah I thought that was a real reflection of the man as well, great gesture.

Glad you post managed to understand my post despite my typo/omission :ok:

"Good guy Watson doing this, especially when you think it was HIS last also, but he thought of the other guy."

Two tee start would see time saved but not sure they'll do this given how traditional The Open is.

The decision to cut greens this morning was suicidal.

:yikes3: I don't think anybody has died from it yet? Unless one of the grass cutters got blown over?

No chance. Play Monday if necessary.

Aye, as soon as play was suspended yesterday, and coupled with the weather forecast, they were talking about maybe having to carry over into Monday.

I bet at lot of the golfers, Tiger included, just want to get tae fuk out of there. I wonder what would happen if if they said "I'm not going to make the cut anyway so fuk it I'm off, just put me down for an NR"

Glad you post managed to understand my post despite my typo/omission :ok:

"Good guy Watson doing this, especially when you think it was HIS last also, but he thought of the other guy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/33574622

A few commentators are saying they doubt there will be any play before 4pm

Winds of 40mph early afternoon expected ... not easing until late afternoon