Karl Oyston - Goes About Tooled Up? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karl Oyston - Goes About Tooled Up?

Apparently Karl Oyston was spoken to about carrying a firearm outside the clubs ground last month. He was apparently involved in an altercation with another man but didn't brandish or threaten anyone with said firearm.

I didn't think Blackpool was that rough!

Renfrew - Id throw in an allegedly or something in there. Mr Oyston tends to be very litigious - having sued several Blackpool fans for their comments on the Blackpool fans website. He is hated/despised by many fans.

I didn't think Blackpool was that rough!

Have you not been recently?

:lol:

I hadnt been since I was a kid, went on a stag a couple of years ago (been back a couple of times since) and it is pretty rough! I was genuinely shocked on the bus on the way into town at just how shit and run down some parts of it are!

Still good for kids or a night out, and they've spent some money down at the seafront, but you don't have to go too far from the main attractions to see the run down side, not to mention some of the people there. Probably the same for a lot of UK seaside resorts.

(No offence irn bru man!)

My house is in St Annes -so no offence taken. Most people just see the town centre of Blackpool and you are right about the residential areas close to there including near the football ground. But Blackpool is actually a rather big place and in general most parts would be lovely places to place - Stanley Park and its surrounds are lovely. Stanley Park itself is a fantastic place for people taking part in all sorts of sport - football, rugby, tennis, netball, athletics stadium , putting greens, golf course, boating lake.

Have you not been recently?

:lol:

I hadnt been since I was a kid, went on a stag a couple of years ago (been back a couple of times since) and it is pretty rough! I was genuinely shocked on the bus on the way into town at just how shit and run down some parts of it are!

Still good for kids or a night out, and they've spent some money down at the seafront, but you don't have to go too far from the main attractions to see the run down side, not to mention some of the people there. Probably the same for a lot of UK seaside resorts.

(No offence irn bru man!)

Haven't been in about 10 years and that was on a day trip with my boys football team as an end of season reward. Only went to the Pleasure Beach and McDonald's!

Renfrew - Id throw in an allegedly or something in there. Mr Oyston tends to be very litigious - having sued several Blackpool fans for their comments on the Blackpool fans website. He is hated/despised by many fans.

No need for An allegedly as the police have confirmed it.

He is a fairly unpopular guy. Might be why he carries a gun?

I went to a Blackpool game last season and walked from the ground towards the seafront. The street beside ground was full of grotty B and B's offering accommodation for about 15 quid a night. Then went to a Scottish bar nearby where there were blootered boys doing shots of luminous shots - at 1pm in the afternoon. All the seats in bar were nailed down and boys were betting on cards beside us.

On that basis, I would describe Blackpool as a dump.

I wouldn't set foot in the place these days but I still have a soft spot for the place as have fond memories of my grandparents taking me there in the 1970s (as a child back then it seemed like a wonderland - even getting a tooth extracted there back in 1973 didn't put me off - my perspective on my last visit was somewhat different...).

Did none of you watch '999 what's your emergency?'? Blackpool is a hole.

Oyston, or one of his kids is going to end up getting a serious doing sometime soon. He's going out his way to take the club to the bottom and rubbing the fans faces in it whilst he does it.

I went to the Matchplay darts in Blackpool about 10 years ago and wore my kilt. Walking along the front at night wearing a kilt is the closest I've ever came to being sexually assaulted. There were literally women running across the road to put their hands up our kilts. We even had guys asking us if we could show their girlfriends what we had under the kilts! It was fecking bizarre. I also pulled a mother and then her daughter on the same night (unknowingly) but that's a story for another time....