Jermy Corbyn - Page 25 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

But surely it fits the MSM agenda to have Corbyn elected for labour leader.

The MSM is (and is for) the establishment

When the view was that Corbyn would be a disaster for Labour and would never become PM even if he did manage to win then they portrayed him well in the main

Now they have seen the grassroots movement that he has generated the establishment is getting twitchy

They have had weeks/months to highlight Corbyn's past but all of a sudden it's making headline news

Edited by Ally Bongo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how the mainstream media bring you down - and this is just the start

Cathy Newman is a disgrace

when she said his activity in palestine had led him to being accused of mixing with some highly controversial folk, then Brown appeared on the video, and I thought, that's a fair point,got him bang to rights, but it wasn't Brown.

when she said his activity in palestine had led him to being accused of mixing with some highly controversial folk, then Brown appeared on the video, and I thought, that's a fair point,got him bang to rights, but it wasn't Brown.

has anyone ever grilled Blair to the same degree over the death of a million people

'history will judge us'

war criminal

This is how the mainstream media bring you down - and this is just the start

Cathy Newman is a disgrace

What an absolute c~nt of an interviewer.

First clip Ive seen of him, and he did well.

Probably get in trouble for this, but the Jewish lobby should GTF. Cant stand any of these people.

I have supported Palestinian rights for all my life.

The way USA and Britain and many others continue to back the appalling Israeli regime is one of the most sickening things in world politics.

Why can't someone point out to the so called Christians in America and beyond that Jesus himself was a Palestinian likewise all his disciples. Maybe that simple fact might actually wake them up to how utterly wrong their persistent anti Palestinian policies are and why they should be doing all they can to remove the apartheid regime that is the current Israel.

And as my dad taught me as a child the parable of the Good Samaritan should actually be translated as the parable of the Good Palestinian. ..which was the whole point of the story ...

interesting as hell though... I quite like him, he's like your lefty mate who hasn't evolved a single viewpoint since the 80s.... I doubt his ability as a leader though - he can't take his party with him and he can't take enough english voters with him to win an election.

So now the DR is effectively telling all its readers that the yes/snp anti-austerity rhetoric is cool - where will they turn when Corbyn is ousted and they get a 'suit' back in control ?

interesting as hell though... I quite like him, he's like your lefty mate who hasn't evolved a single viewpoint since the 80s.... I doubt his ability as a leader though - he can't take his party with him and he can't take enough english voters with him to win an election.

I keep hearing this 80's argument against him, rather than empty rhetoric what is it about his politicies that are 30 years out of date?

I agree that the majority of the party will make him leading very difficult but not convinced that his politics can't win an election, millions don't vote and that's the key for labour to win, not chase a million or so swing voters

Probably get in trouble for this, but the Jewish lobby should GTF. Cant stand any of these people.

The woman with the Scottish accent knew the score though.

I agree that the majority of the party will make him leading very difficult but not convinced that his politics can't win an election, millions don't vote and that's the key for labour to win, not chase a million or so swing voters

Ahh, the 'missing million'? From which (sadly ill fated) recent political campaign have i heard that before?

IMO Corbyn can't win a general election. Just like the Yes campaign though, he can have a huge impact on British politics, even in defeat.

Edited by Dave78

Ahh, the 'missing million'? From which (sadly ill fated) recent political campaign have i heard that before?

IMO Corbyn can't win a general election. Just like the Yes campaign though, he can have a huge impact on British politics, even in defeat.

He can if he can convince the millions of voters who have steadily stopped voting for labour (or anyone else) since Blairs first election win. There's a big difference between his politics and Millibands which just might re-engage young people in England like he yes campaign did here.

As i said a few pages ago the New Labour types dont seem to be able to see the huge elephant in the room if Corbyn doesnt win

Especially after this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11814064/LabourPurge-Corbyn-supporters-hit-out-after-being-blocked-from-voting-in-leadership-election.html