Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw

Can't quite believe what I'm seeing at the moment, and this is just online from over here.

I'm shocked at the bias but maybe I've been naive. This was to be expected as the polls narrow if truth be told.

Please Scotland. Hold strong and believe in yourself and something better. See though the lies and bullshit.

Credit to every single person on here and on the street. It won't he forgotten regardless of the result :ok:

I think Ive maybe been naive because it has caught me by surprise a bit too. The media bombardment is unrelenting and I dont know why Im surprised at how quickly they got the banks and other business to line up in a row all at the same time and blitz the Scottish public.

If Scotland votes Yes, I don't think I'll quite believe it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are shocked, if you are unhappy, if you think its unfair, if you want to even it up, contact your local YES group and do something, anything. Dont wake up on 19th to a NO vote and think you could have helped.

I second that. Get out on the streets, go round the doorsteps. People WANT to vote Yes; it's just that a lot of them need reassurance that they are not alone. Converting Undecideds to Yes is like shooting fish in a barrel - talk to people on their doorstep and you will be astonished at the ease with which they become definite Yes voters. it really is an eye-opener, and extremely enjoyable.

We have one week left. Don't waste it.

HOLD! HOLD!

We ARE going to win this.

Just keep doing what we've been doing.

None of these scare stories over the last two days are new. We've heard them all before.

None of the promises of "New" powers are new. We've heard them all before.

I like your optimism Jonny but there are serious forces at work here. Not sure we will be allowed to leave by the establishment. having witnessed the past week, I am not sure I would even trust the ref result to be real now.

I am now totally convinced that those "serious forces" that you speak of (i.e. the folk who really run the country - not the politicians ) have already decided that we can be independent if we want to be. They wouldn't have let it get this far if they hadn't.

Agree with the post about getting involved.

Whatever it is - if you want a Yes vote, go and offer some of your time - it doesn't matter how long or short a time you can give or what it is that you can, but go and offer your services to your local Yes group or movement that you fancy.

We can win this, folks.

Even if it's folding leaflets, licking envelopes, data entry whatever it is - it all helps to get a yes vote.

I keep expecting Boyle to say 'Ooooooooooooohhh'

He's such a tit. He's just said 5 minutes ago that companies will obviously have their HQs in the country where they do the majority of their business (I.e. Standard Life will leave Scotland for England) and yet he's now talking about Amazon being HQed in Luxembourg, which totally contradicts what he said earlier.

NO's lies and subterfuge are beginning to unravel. I though maybe we had peaked too soon, but possibly BT have unleashed their dirty tricks campaign too early

You could be right.

A week is a long time in politics, especially the last week before the vote.

They maybe should have left their Westminster/media/business Goebbels type propaganda until the last few days....all they've done now is give the facts and common sense time to disprove their lies.

Carpet bombing going on at the moment, Asda now coming out with a statement that doesnt specifically say they will put costs up, but it clearly intimates they will. This is the state of our democracy where big business are effectively working with government to usurp our vote for Independence.

Fcuk em , let them put their prices up, it won't be long before they put them doon again when people go elsewhere

If Aldi and Lidl don't bring out counter statements I'll be astounded. A PR gift handed on a plate.

Was saying as much to my old man.

So John Lewis put 20% on a 50 inch LCD Curved screen.

Fuxk you John Lewis, I'm nipping to Currys.

It's called market forces. Even the stupidest of morons can see that this is a bluff?

Especially supermarkets, who live in the most cut throat market environment going. I mean PURLEEESE Sainsburys are regularly giving me money and comparing themselves to Tesco and Morrisons in their price promise.

And this all comes out after a private meeting with "Call me Dave" at Downing Street.

Are we that blind to the truth?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby