Prince William - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prince William

Why on earth is he even in the headlines?

The parasite says that FIFA need to reform so we best all sit up and take notice.

I just cannot imagine him and football going together and find him as repulsive as the rest of them.

Sunday morning rant over. :wave:

Ok so Blatter is democratically voted back in yet fowk are screaming about it cos they want change? Fair enough, I don't want Cameron in at Westminster & Westminster is a corrupt and abhorrent as it gets... come on ... Out...

Edited by Bzzzz

Found it hilarious that he wants to kick racism out football yet his inbred family ban catholics from being the monarch.

Parliament bans Catholics from being the monarch. It was an example of parliamentary supremacy.

How in creation is he a Villa fan?

I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I was watching Football Focus yesterday and he said when he was at school he got really into football and chose Villa over Man Utd or Chelsea - which all his friends did.

Let's face it, the guy isn't going to be choosing his local team - as what would that be - and it's hardly likely that his dad was going to take him along to watch his team as a kid.

He's also of the the age in England where football really started to cut across class boundaries. I live about 5 or 6 miles from Eton and around 10 years ago Maidenhead United, the local team, had a centre half called Andy Jennings who was - I think he still is - a PE teacher at Eton. There was a group of around a dozen pupils from Eton in their mid teens who came over regularly to watch him play. They were all big football fans.

While I'm not suggesting he's on the Holte End every other week but I'd bet he's more of a Villa fan and takes more interest in how they are doing than David Cameron does.

I guess people who know him would be in a better place to judge but I'd think that him taking on the role as President of the FA demonstrates that he is genuinely interested in the game.

dont mind william tbh

like all of us he didnt get to choose his family

Agree.

I am no royalist - however he seems alright.

If we must have a royal family then good on him for turning up to the football (rather than just the cricket or rugby)

Especially to support a random team like Villa!

I'm sure what was repealed was that the monarch can now be married to a catholic - but the monarch still cannot be.

You could be right as far as that's concerned. However as has been pointed out, that's parliament rather than the Royal Family.

To be fair the five comments only came about due to him being interviewed for football focus in there fa cup build up as he is a villa fan. He was only giving his opinion when asked about fifa

Found it hilarious that he wants to kick racism out football yet his inbred family ban catholics from being the monarch.

This is so ill informed it's almost comical.

So the upshot is that a guy who enjoys unimagineable wealth, foreign travel & access to influential people through an accident of birth wants a guy who enjoys unimagineable wealth, foreign travel & access to influential people through corruption to resign?

I imagine Blatter is writing his resignation letter as we speak.

So the upshot is that a guy who enjoys unimagineable wealth, foreign travel & access to influential people through an accident of birth wants a guy who enjoys unimagineable wealth, foreign travel & access to influential people through corruption to resign?

I imagine Blatter is writing his resignation letter as we speak.

I think Prince Ali lost the election.

It is emerging that the real target here is Russia (yet again). Looks like the big sin of FIFA was awarding them that WC and they are desperate to find a way to overturn that decsion. They've got fannybaws here involved to increase the pressure on Fifa. All part of very well planned attempt to topple Blatter last week. Didn't work. So they roll out the futrure King to wade in. Banking scandals and fraud that ruin an entire economy for years and put us all into huge debt due to no fault of our own - not a peep - from any . But FIFA is intolerable to them it seems...what a load ae pish. This is just business as usual by the whanks running the show.

I think Prince Ali lost the election.

Fair point...so add on "so that another guy who enjoys unimaginable wealth, foreign travel & access to influential people through an accident of birth can take his place".

I started off thing Blatter needed to go but after watching the Old Etonian Villa massive wading in I came round to thinking the bloke actually seemed OK.

It is emerging that the real target here is Russia (yet again). Looks like the big sin of FIFA was awarding them that WC and they are desperate to find a way to overturn that decsion. They've got fannybaws here involved to increase the pressure on Fifa. All part of very well planned attempt to topple Blatter last week. Didn't work. So they roll out the futrure King to wade in. Banking scandals and fraud that ruin an entire economy for years and put us all into huge debt due to no fault of our own - not a peep - from any . But FIFA is intolerable to them it seems...what a load ae pish. This is just business as usual by the whanks running the show.

I would disagree. FIFA is as bent as the proverbial "nine bob note" If FIFA starts to reform and blatter goes let Russia keep it but Qatar !! Sorry that one should be re-run. leaving back handers aside it should never have got it on the grounds that its not too bright playing football when its 50c in the shade. Let alone their attitudes towards homosexuality etc. Allegedly the Danish FA is proposing to pull out of the WC and run the Euros every two years. Sounds like a cracking idea.