Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers

So it now seems Rangers offered Well almost double the amount they had, but Motherwell decided to lower the Rangers allocation for FP and in turn Rangers lower the Well allocation for Ibrox....

Cue TAMB outrage....

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it now seems Rangers offered Well almost double the amount they had, but Motherwell decided to lower the Rangers allocation for FP and in turn Rangers lower the Well allocation for Ibrox....

Cue TAMB outrage....

Lies.

Rangers agreed to offer us 2k then went back on that promise. The deal was we get 2k and you got the full South Stand, your club then expected us to play ball despite more than halving our allocation. They were rightly told to get ####ed and we informed them they were getting 1.5k and not a single ticket more. Blame your arrogant GM who seems to think you are still a big club that can dictate the rules to the everyone else.

Cue TAMB outrage....

Where did you get that story?

Lies.

Rangers agreed to offer us 2k then went back on that promise. The deal was we get 2k and you got the full South Stand, your club then expected us to play ball despite more than halving our allocation. They were rightly told to get ####ed and we informed them they were getting 1.5k and not a single ticket more. Blame your arrogant GM who seems to think you are still a big club that can dictate the rules to the everyone else.

How do you know this out of interest?

i posted the same thing a page or two ago. The lad that told me has been spot on with stuff in the past but is a bit of a blether so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was talking Baws.

How do you know this out of interest?

i posted the same thing a page or two ago. The lad that told me has been spot on with stuff in the past but is a bit of a blether so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was talking Baws.

From those negotiating on Motherwell's behalf.

Aye :lol: I know a guy, that knows a guy!

To be fair, the folk that make the decisions at fir park are pretty accessible.

I've heard the same version from every source bar Debian, so I'm curious where the different story is coming from...

2 sides to every story, but so far the lines from Rangers have been more about previous motherwell attendances at ibrox and the likes as opposed to saying its not how motherwell are making it out.

MOTHERWELL chief Alan Burrows last night blamed the SPFL for the play-off final ticket farce which will see more than 3,000 seats lying empty in the Rangers end on Sunday.

The Fir Park general manager hit out in an interview with Record Sport last night to explain how a stubborn stand off between the two clubs forced him into shutting down more than half of the club’s South Stand for the decisive return leg against Stuart McCall’s men.

Both teams will go head-to-head at a sell-out Ibrox tonight with only 950 Motherwell fans in a crowd of around 52,000.

And Burrows insists the entire issue could have been resolved at a stroke had league bosses been willing to step into the row as mediators.

He said: “The truth is the league really needs to get its act together and take issues like this out of the hands of the competing clubs. If they applied the same 5 percent ruling which is used for cup matches and European ties then there would not have been any problem to resolve. We wouldn’t have been looking for 5 per cent of Ibrox and we wouldn’t have restricted Rangers to only five percent of Fir Park either.

“But it would have been easy to settle and I have said the same to Iain Blair at the SPFL. I told him all this squabbling would be taken out of the equation if the SPFL applied the same rule.

“It should be taken out of the hands of clubs who are trying to fight their own corner and I would hope the SPFL will make sure this anomaly doesn’t arise in the future.

“We all accept the league was put together in a very short time frame two years ago and we all agree that the play-offs have been a positive addition. But the fact is, the whole process needs to be more polished. A number of issues have arisen over the last few weeks which should be addressed by the governing body.”

Record Sport has learned that negotiations between the two clubs kicked off before Rangers had even booked a place in the final with a 1-0 defeat at Easter Road last Saturday.

But by Saturday night the Ibrox club was already selling tickets to its own fans online - without having an agreement in place with Motherwell.

The talks continued into the start of this week and at one stage Rangers were prepared to offer Motherwell with as many as 1,700 Ibrox tickets in return for a full 4,800 allocation at Fir Park.

Motherwell, though, remained adamant that they required 2,000 seats to satisfy their supporters. And so the entire deal collapsed for the sake of just 300 tickets.

Burrows said: “I don’t want to fall out with Rangers about this because they are obliged to look after the interests of their own fans, just as we are obliged to do at Motherwell.

“But the truth of the matter is we would have given Rangers 4,800 tickets for the entire South Stand if they had agreed to give us 2,000 tickets for Ibrox so that we could satisfy the demand from our punters.

“We were only asking for 3.3 per cent of the tickets and in return we would have been willing to give Rangers fans almost 40 per cent of Fir Park. But, unfortunately, the two clubs couldn’t reach an agreement.

“Which is why the obvious answer is for the league to get involved and take control of these issues in future.”

We were only asking for 3.3 per cent of the tickets and in return we would have been willing to give Rangers fans almost 40 per cent of Fir Park. But, unfortunately, the two clubs couldnt reach an agreement.

Rangers being unreasonable whanks. Who'dda thunk it?

The additional 300 would've meant a larger section of the Broomloan would be split to accomdate. Rangers offered the full corner and a bit more.

This would have meant up to 500 Rangers fans missing out.

Good to see Motherwell cutting their nose of to spite their face.

Hopefully Rangers can do it for the fans that Motherwell are forcing to miss out. ?

Edited by Debian

Ah Motherwell are the bad guys. Vintage Daily Record

The way I read it - by refusing Motherwell an extra 300 tickets at Ibrox, Rangers have screwed 2800 of their own fans out of getting tickets to the Fir Park game!

The way I read it - by refusing Motherwell an extra 300 tickets at Ibrox, Rangers have screwed 2800 of their own fans out of getting tickets to the Fir Park game!

Which was down to the fact that the additional request would've meant more fans being locked out at Ibrox...

Would well have filled the corner anyway?

3300, but yes, that's how I read it.

If 1700 was a compromise for segregation reasons, we maybe should've taken that, but as Burrows said, Motherwell's request for 3% of ibrox in return for 40% of fir park wasnt exactly unreasonable!

Taken over or around 2000 to our last 4 away games I believe so I reckon we would have sold it out no bother.

The thing I dont understand with that version of events is how we went down to 950 tickets from 1700.

R: Sorry I know we said you could have 2000 but we've actually started selling in that section so you can have 1700
M: Ram ye your only getting 1500 then
R: Up you and your shitey wee club..your only getting 950

We've taken 1500+ to several away games this season of far less importance.

We took our entire allocation of 1200 to the league cup game in 2012.

We sold 950 tickets in 2 hours at no notice, effectively to whoever could get there quickest.

We'd have definitely sold 2000 comfortably, Probably not a massive amount more, as a lot of folk won't go to ibrox or parkhead (although a lot would have made an exception).

Which was down to the fact that the additional request would've meant more fans being locked out at Ibrox...

Up to Rangers - would they rather have 300 or so fans at Ibrox, or another 3300 at Fir Park.

Desperate stuff for the club, and Daily Record to try and blame Motherwell for all this

On the game itself...

Stuart McCall had a terrible habit at motherwell, when big games came around to over think things and worry too much about the opposition and how they play instead of imposing our own style of play.

With all due respect, Rangers don't really appear to have a style of play at the moment, so I expect Rangers to be pretty negative and try and stifle motherwell.

Would like to see Johnson and ainsworth getting at the full backs.

Ramsden is a popular choice to play in a 5 man midfield, but I worry about his temperament.

I liked the siege mentality Mcmanus and barraclough showed in the presser, and it's unique to have guys in our team that know how to win at ibrox!

Edited by sbcmfc

Up to Rangers - would they rather have 300 or so fans at Ibrox, or another 3300 at Fir Park.

Desperate stuff for the club, and Daily Record to try and blame Motherwell for all this

It's the Motherwell guy who gave the interview....