Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed with the result but not surprised we didn't take the limited chances we created and Rangers did. Too many passengers tonight and only one substitute was slightly confused by this.

Anyway on to Easter road and the first goal will be vital get it game on lose it tie over. I hope Rangers start to feel fatigued as they looked tired at the end. I hope it is I was there game on Saturday fur us hibbies.

Thought Hibs dominated the first half, and but for a wee bit of magic should have at least gone in at the half scoreless if not a goal to the good. Sadly for Hibs, there didn't seem to be anyone capable of putting the laces through the ball and into the back of the net. Second half was a bit more even but was a bit disappointed that after the second goal McCall chose to shut up shop rather than go for a third goal.

Surprised there aren't howls of outrage at the blatant dive and lack of booking for Hibs late on in the second half - oh, wait, it wasn't a Rangers player, so I guess were spared a five hundred page thread about biased refs - best get back to the swear filter lads :D

Good that Rossy managed to catch a couple of Championship matches this season - and especially tonight where on his holiday he comes on to a site to search for an illegal link to a match he doesn't want to see and then spends 90 minutes watching a pish stream just to come on here to tell everyone how bad it was and how he never usually watches this type of football. I think that has to be my favourite comment of 2015 so far! :rollsmile:

Anyway, far from over, first goal on Saturday will be huge - and I sadly see it going the way of Hibs followed by 90 minutes of backs to the wall stuff by Rangers!

TT

PS Rossy, midday kick off on Saturday :ok:

Edited by TartanTeddy

Our defence was excellent tonight. Normally the weaker part of the team. Murdoch put in a good shift as well. McCall has sorted our the structure of the side and players now know their role in the team. Only half time but I would say 2-0 going into the second leg puts us in a good position.

Edited by EddardStark

Disappointed with the result but not surprised we didn't take the limited chances we created and Rangers did. Too many passengers tonight and only one substitute was slightly confused by this.

Anyway on to Easter road and the first goal will be vital get it game on lose it tie over. I hope Rangers start to feel fatigued as they looked tired at the end. I hope it is I was there game on Saturday fur us hibbies.

We do look tired. However I still think we will get one goal at least. However if and when we play Motherwell we could be dead on our feet.

Thought Hibs dominated the first half, and but for a wee bit of magic should have at least gone in at the half scoreless if not a goal to the good. Sadly for Hibs, there didn't seem to be anyone capable of putting the laces through the ball and into the back of the net. Second half was a bit more even but was a bit disappointed that after the second goal McCall chose to shut up shop rather than go for a third goal.

Surprised there aren't howls of outrage at the blatant dive and lack of booking for Hibs late on in the second half - oh, wait, it wasn't a Rangers player, so I guess were spared a five hundred page thread about biased refs - best get back to the swear filter lads :D

Good that Rossy managed to catch a couple of Championship matches this season - and especially tonight where on his holiday he comes on to a site to search for an illegal link to a match he doesn't want to see and then spends 90 minutes watching a pish stream just to come on here to tell everyone how bad it was and how he never usually watches this type of football. I think that has to be my favourite comment of 2015 so far! :rollsmile:

Anyway, far from over, first goal on Saturday will be huge - and I sadly see it going the way of Hibs followed by 90 minutes of backs to the wall stuff by Rangers!

TT

PS Rossy, midday kick off on Saturday :ok:

I feel honoured that you devoted a whole paragraph of your match review to me. :ok::ok:

No obsession there or anything. No Sir.

As to my comments, I just says it like I sees it. Maybe I've missed them, but I can't remember seeing on here one single post over the course of the season that suggests that there is any real quality at all in the Championship....especially from Rangers fans, who have spent the last 9 months moaning about how brutal their team have been.

Apologies if I'm wrong and the Championship has morphed into La Liga in the meantime... :wave:

I feel honoured that you devoted a whole paragraph of your match review to me. :ok::ok:

No obsession there or anything. No Sir.

As to my comments, I just says it like I sees it. Maybe I've missed them, but I can't remember seeing on here one single post over the course of the season that suggests that there is any real quality at all in the Championship....especially from Rangers fans, who have spent the last 9 months moaning about how brutal their team have been.

Apologies if I'm wrong and the Championship has morphed into La Liga in the meantime... :wave:

You are of course welcome - you know your my favourite! :wub:

No the Championship remains mostly pish in terms of quality, and often more so by Rangers considering their wage bill. That's what makes these twenty page threads by people claiming to not watch Rangers, or hate them, or don't care about them all the more amusing. Personally I wouldn't watch an SPL match if there was nothing else on TV - and off the top of my head I could name one Aberdeen player, (and I'm aware McInnes is the Manager), maybe two from Dundee Utd and a handful from Celtic. Last time I watched an SPL match was probably three years ago!

Admittedly I truly don't get why anyone would watch a match not involving a team they support, more so why they would do that in Scotland!!

But everyone to their own, I'm just a bit baffled by the fixation and the protestations and denial when it's mentioned.

TT

Best of luck arsepiece, we're all rooting for you! :ok:

No, no we are not.

McCall seems to have significantly improved Rangers through the simple expedient of dropping McCulloch, Moshni, Black and Boyd. Something I think any one on this board could see was required. We're still poor but fortunately Hibs are apparently utterly toothless so it hasn't mattered yet.

We've still got a feck up or 5 in us at the back but McGregor and Zaliuskas appear to be getting a wee bit better through playing together.

Amazing what dropping your shite players achieves.

Pleased with the result and can't fault the lads for effort. Very little craft or creativity on display but then, I didn't expect there to be. Vukic again the stand out for me and we scored two very good goals.

Can't agree with Eddard. I thought the defending was poor at times. Had we been playing a better side we would have got a doing. The amount of space and free headers we afford teams enrages me. Ok I get that we are short on quality. So let's do the basics right I.e mark your ing man!!

That said I'm basing that on if, buts and maybes. Hibs failed to trouble our keeper whilst theirs has made two excellent saves to keep them in it. Credit where it's due and we are worth the two goal lead. Knocking the ball about in midfield doesn't win you games at the end of the day.

Only half time and Hibs now have nothing to lose so should really be going for it. An early goal and its game on again.

On another note I thought it was completely idiotic that the away fans only got 950 tickets tonight when there was 8500 empty seats.

Any hibby know how sales for Sunday are going?

I understand both clubs looking to fill the place with their own support first but they had to be realistic and its highly likely both grounds won't be full when the seats could have been taken up by away supporters.

You are of course welcome - you know your my favourite! :wub:

No the Championship remains mostly pish in terms of quality, and often more so by Rangers considering their wage bill. That's what makes these twenty page threads by people claiming to not watch Rangers, or hate them, or don't care about them all the more amusing. Personally I wouldn't watch an SPL match if there was nothing else on TV - and off the top of my head I could name one Aberdeen player, (and I'm aware McInnes is the Manager), maybe two from Dundee Utd and a handful from Celtic. Last time I watched an SPL match was probably three years ago!

Admittedly I truly don't get why anyone would watch a match not involving a team they support, more so why they would do that in Scotland!!

But everyone to their own, I'm just a bit baffled by the fixation and the protestations and denial when it's mentioned.

TT

Equally, I can't even remember what this fascination of yours is.

Is it because I watch Rangers sometimes and comment on them, or comment on them without watching, or watch them without commenting ??

It's hard to tell. Like most football fans, I watch some games, miss others, catch a bit of the rest. I watch games not involving the team I support because....well, it's football. Don't we all do that ? :blink:

I'm not being all internet hypocritical here. The Championship games I've seen (or the parts of them), have been poor in quality. Tonight seemed no different, that's all.

No big deal.

Edited by Rossy

Both of those sides last night are as good as the bulk of the sides in the SPL, or whatever it is called these days. That's not because Hibs and Rangers are up to much really. For those of us who have watched a lot of Championship games this season Hibs are the better of the two sides, but never underestimate the ability of Hibs to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. McCall has Rangers organised and has at least put together a team (if a not particularly good one) as opposed to a collection of individuals. I'd be amazed now if Rangers don't progress to the game against Motherwell.

Both of those sides last night are as good as the bulk of the sides in the SPL, or whatever it is called these days. That's not because Hibs and Rangers are up to much really. For those of us who have watched a lot of Championship games this season Hibs are the better of the two sides, but never underestimate the ability of Hibs to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. McCall has Rangers organised and has at least put together a team (if a not particularly good one) as opposed to a collection of individuals. I'd be amazed now if Rangers don't progress to the game against Motherwell.

yeah id agree with that, Stubbs had set up his sides really well against Hearts and Rangers this season so i was a bit surprised last night.

Still its only half time and i remember what happened the last time Rangers were 2-0 up at half time in Edinburgh.

Is it true that Hibs cut rangers allocation to 1750 tickets?