Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sums them up. Joke of a club. Hope yous hump them.

We give every visiting team that stand, or at least the option of it (occasionally small away supports are in main stand and it's shut).

The reality is motherwell could play Barcelona and still struggle to fill fir park, so why would we not give them it?

Perhaps Rangers/Hibs will reciprocate, as I'd imagine more than 950 'well fans will fancy the 1st leg.

Sums them up. Joke of a club. Hope yous hump them.

Joke of a wee club beat your big club to 2nd place with last kick of the ball last season, bitter dons fan ha ha

so why would we not give them it?

To avoid making it like a neutral venue and give yourselves a better chance of not getting relegated, maybe?

Nah, you're right, better getting a few quid in the door and accepting relegation like bitches. :ok:

We give every visiting team that stand, or at least the option of it (occasionally small away supports are in main stand and it's shut).

The reality is motherwell could play Barcelona and still struggle to fill fir park, so why would we not give them it?

Perhaps Rangers/Hibs will reciprocate, as I'd imagine more than 950 'well fans will fancy the 1st leg.

I mind a few years back you gave us both stands behind the goals and a bit of the main stand.

Joke of a wee club beat your big club to 2nd place with last kick of the ball last season, bitter dons fan ha ha

We aren't all bitter.....all of the time. I'm sure you agree though, that giving another team a third of the ground in such a big game is very short sighted?

ETA ahem......

Edited by SMcoolJ

We aren't all bitter.....all of the time. I'm sure you agree though, that giving another team half the ground in such a big game is very short sighted?

Ahh know mate 2 my mates are Aberdeen fans and always wish us luck against the old firm. Ahh dont like the idea but tbh doubt we would sell it anyway, its the noraml to give the old scum, aberdeen, hibs or hearts the big stand behind the goal at firpark, still leaves us with 9000 seats to fill and we will struggle to even fill that the now i think, been a long time since we sold out our own end. only time being when we filled it ourselves was when we dropped prices to £5 and £1 get in had over 11,500 against Dundee Utd mind on a sunday. Folk just dont seem have the cash nowadays to part with anymore with motherwell fans i know who have families now they have different ways spending cash on kids.

TBH Geed, I don't think its about the money or the cost of tickets, for 90% of games motherwell could open the gates and let folk in for nothing and still not fill the place.

I think cost is one of many factors.

When people stop going, it's difficult to get them back in the habit.

I've missed a lot of games this season, and every one I miss gets easier. I'd planned to go on Saturday, but no point, it's s bounce game, going to go to both legs of play off if I can get tickets.

TBH Geed, I don't think its about the money or the cost of tickets, for 90% of games motherwell could open the gates and let folk in for nothing and still not fill the place.

I think cost is one of many factors.

When people stop going, it's difficult to get them back in the habit.

I've missed a lot of games this season, and every one I miss gets easier. I'd planned to go on Saturday, but no point, it's s bounce game, going to go to both legs of play off if I can get tickets.

Am same never missed a game home or away from age 15 up till about 28 and last 5 years hardly been much at all, cost is a big thing for me th, £22 to watch motherwell is a rip off, you have all costs after that train tickets, drinks food, going to fitba for day out can cost you yourself easy £100 a game if out on it with mates all day.

Ahh just keep money now for Scotland games, ahh probably go to a few more games next year as its championship and different grounds to visit and freshness teams not played in a while be good as well instead playing same teams played for years 4 times a season.

And now you're going to be relegated, arsepiece! :ok:

Probably will but not going to greet about it, we are where we are cause we deserve it, not good enough, table dosent lie.

I didn't mention "wee" or "big". ICT are a "wee" club but they are certainly not a joke. They're a respectable club. Something Motherwell are unlikely to ever be,

Dont give a hoot if we dont sell out the place - you dont give your opponents 35% of the stadium in the second leg of a playoff.

Sold oot for an extra 30k (of which we'll see less than half)

Only silver lining about this is it might limit the amount of rangers fans in the home end.