Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

:lol: Folk greeting over bits of paper being thrown. :lol:

I thought we played well despite a couple of lapses of concentration near the end.

My two issues:

What does Nicky Law have to do to be taken off. Never have i seen a player give the ball away so much.

Secondly, after going 2-0 up and Vuckik almost scoring a 3rd, Hibs were there for the taking. They were taking risks and pushing high up the park, yet McCall brings on Black and Smith and let's us just sit.

For the latter, I would rather McCall didn't stay on if we do go up.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when have Rangers fans been wearing scarfs, hats etc with 'Pride of Scotland' on them? Never has there been a more inappropriate slogan for a team or its fans. Hope they get ####in humped :angry:

One could almost be tempted to say the same about the good "No" voting people from the city of Aberdeen.

well done the rangers fans proving us all right when we all call you scum lets see what happens to the rangers for the behaviour of there fans throwing missiles on to the park, the whole support singing secterian songs at the top of there lungs disrupting the game by keeping the ball (not for a few seconds as you can expect) for minutes shocking behaviour throughout

If you think holding on to the ball is "shocking behaviour" I don't think football is the game for you. I've heard badminton is nice and sedate, try that.

If you think holding on to the ball is "shocking behaviour" I don't think football is the game for you. I've heard badminton is nice and sedate, try that.

When I played badminton it could be really vicious.

Equally, I can't even remember what this fascination of yours is.

Is it because I watch Rangers sometimes and comment on them, or comment on them without watching, or watch them without commenting ??

It's hard to tell. Like most football fans, I watch some games, miss others, catch a bit of the rest. I watch games not involving the team I support because....well, it's football. Don't we all do that ? :blink:

I'm not being all internet hypocritical here. The Championship games I've seen (or the parts of them), have been poor in quality. Tonight seemed no different, that's all.

No big deal.

My fascination is with the level people go to watch Rangers play and then their strident denial that they either watch Rangers or the lengths they go to (consistently) come on here to say how pish they are to watch - and yes, it absolutely fascinates me because i wouldn't watch something I didn't want to watch or that I knew was pish unless I had a very strong vested interest in the outcome. And if that was the case I would be happy to acknowledge it (and acknowledge Rangers position as the most important club in all of Scottish football :whistling:

Yes, it's because amongst most, you seem to never miss a game - it makes me feel like less of a gers fan when I can't keep up with your loyalty to my club! :blush: The dedication is staggering to simple folk like me :ok:

I thought I was like most football fans - I watch my team play and I don't really give a toss about other leagues or clubs playing in those leagues. But I did acknowledge that I wouldn't cross the road to watch other football, so maybe I'm less like other football fans than I thought - in fact, I may be unique and lots of Rangers fans may avidly watch Aberdeen games and I could be missing out on a very special experience.....or indeed not :D

Though as you rightly say, no big deal

Chat more on Saturday big fella :cheers3:

TT

Good result but another relatively mediocre performance from a very average team. The only positive that I'm taking from last night is how much the result has irritated people on here and the fact that there maybe three more opportunities to do the same.

There must be more positives than that.

What about the ability to grind out a result when it matters?

That seems fair.

To be a bit more expansive I didn't see much grinding last night, a wee bit of skill, too much poor passing and luck that Hibs were just as bad as us apart from in finishing where they were much worse.

Finally every time I see Ian Black in a Rangers short I die a little.

Edited by Larky Masher

To be a bit more expansive I didn't see much grinding last night, a wee bit of skill, too much poor passing and luck that Hibs were just as bad as us apart from in finishing where they were much worse.

And yet - a 2-0 victory.

You'd rather we adopted the Hibs fan and throw coins in to the family section...

I'd rather no one threw anything at anyone. Most folk who aren't complete khunts would too.

And yet - a 2-0 victory.

Bigger picture mate.

I'm with Larky. We are in such shit state now it's hard to derive much pleasure when we get a result because you always feel like their could be a complete catastrophe just around the corner. Either on or off the park I may add.

Promotion would of course be welcome, but it will only paper over the cracks. Sorry scratch that, the gaping bloody holes!! Unfortunately we have a support full of idiots unable to see past the end of their nose, who will be clamouring for Stuart McCall to get the job if we go up....we all know the guys I mean. They were the same ones telling us signing pish like Black, Boyd and Miller was a great move and that Ally McCoist worked under 'impossible' conditions.

Deluded!!!!!