Transfer Rumours - Page 62 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan imho is a very talented young footballer having watched him numerous times last season and would be happy if we signed him. As stated I would be just about as happy if Aberdeen signed him taking him away from hibs.

:-))

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows what he'll do if Celtic agree a fee. It's pretty much anybodies guess right now.

A fee has been agreed and Allan was at Lennoxtown yesterday for talks.

This boy has class and in the right setting could bring that through to a Scotland team, which i would like to think most on this board would want to see.

As for the comments of the blue noses on this subject - "I don't know one Rangers fan who wants Allan at the club" - aye right !!! - maybe Renfrew and GR only know each other ???

ShedTA - You think its hilarious that Henderson [on loan] and McGeouch [permanent] will strengthen the Hibee's , while taking a Rangers target, thats nothing, in the true tradition of the Celtic charity - we are selling Ambrose to Rangers :ok:

I think the comment about not one Rangers fan wanting Allan is a bit disingenuous. I for one would have taken him and hoped we would sign him as I think he a decent player with potential. What I would say is the overwhelming response I've seen from the likes of Follow Follow and even talking to my mates is that no one seems overly bothered that we're not getting him. It would be good if we did but we've not exactly missed out on Messi or Ronaldo.

If Celtic sign Allan then it's probably the best piece of trolling I have ever seen.

Agreed.

We could have signed him at any point, but we've sat & let the debacle unfold in public for maximum impact.

I don't even know that he would have been a good signing for Rangers, but I can't see what he'll offer us at all.

It's funny to a degree, but the only thing we should be concerned with is Malmo.

I think the comment about not one Rangers fan wanting Allan is a bit disingenuous. I for one would have taken him and hoped we would sign him as I think he a decent player with potential. What I would say is the overwhelming response I've seen from the likes of Follow Follow and even talking to my mates is that no one seems overly bothered that we're not getting him. It would be good if we did but we've not exactly missed out on Messi or Ronaldo.

Fairbairn, I think your statement has a more accurate and sensible account of things, I do wonder about you mentioning Messi & Ronaldo and Rangers in the same paragraph !

Does seem a completely pointless signing for Celtic, a player they don't need, that probably isn't good enough in a position where they have plenty of equally good or better options.

Peter Lawell does like to be a smart arsene now and again, perhaps it is just a big GIRUY to Rangers?

From Allan's point of view, I can understand him wanting to go to England after 7 minutes of 1st team football at Dundee United (I didn't agree, but understood), and I can understand him wanting to leave Hibs for Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc, but to go to Celtic, where he has no chance of 1st team football??

Seems to me he wants well paid, without leaving home, and he can only get the money he wants at 2 clubs.

His position at hibs is all but untenable now, ironically thanks to Rangers, so they probably have to sell him, but not to Rangers.

I have been hearing that rumour for weeks

Don't believe it though

I don't believe it either to be honest. But my mate has lived in Newburgh his whole life and does know May's family personally. But he does have a history for being at the wind up.

Its humiliating for Rangers. They and their media lackeys tried to play Billy big boys in pressurising Hibs to sell to them for less than Allan was worth. Not only that, their paltry highest bid was exposed by Hibs to be offered in instalments.

He is, of course, only worth what a buying club will pay for him. Just becasuse Hibs value him at £2 million (or whatever) doesn't mean he's worth £2 million.

Considering his playing history, the fact that he's 23 and has hardly played any first team football, I'd suggest that getting even 200K for Allan is good business.

:-))

Come on you could have done a better job of ripping the p!sh :wink2:

The vast majority of Rangers fans aren't particularly bothered about Allan going to Celtic

Scotty Allan on it again today with the boys in Nicos

image.jpg

Do you really think that is Rangers thinking, for a Petrofac cup game? It's not that they are want to sign a talented footballer?

Allan imho is a very talented young footballer having watched him numerous times last season and would be happy if we signed him. As stated I would be just about as happy if Aberdeen signed him taking him away from hibs.

Allan has handed in a transfer request, hopefully that pushes the Ibrox move through sooner rather than later.

The Allan move won't happen this window, Googly eyes just signed a new deal as well.

I'm fairly confident Rangers will finish higher than Aberdeen first season back in the premiership which will hopefully be next year.

Don't know why it makes you laugh, a good number of players would never play for Celtic and vice versa would never play for Rangers. I'm sure it's the same worldwide as well not just Scotland.

WATP mentality lol

I think we might have found a radio clyde phone in regular :wink2:

Edited by johnnie x

He is, of course, only worth what a buying club will pay for him. Just becasuse Hibs value him at £2 million (or whatever) doesn't mean he's worth £2 million.

Considering his playing history, the fact that he's 23 and has hardly played any first team football, I'd suggest that getting even 200K for Allan is good business.

I get your point, however, you pay the going rate according to the circumstances. Clearly they wanted Allan, what Hibs were able to reveal was that they were offering the money in instalments. They were unable to up their offer significantly which would have enticed Hibs to part with their best player. Celtic have came in and offered similiar however with the addition of a couple of players which shows they value Allan higher.

Rangers clearly hoped they could do the deal aided and abetted with the media and former players piling on the pressure saying we should let him go.

I get your point, however, you pay the going rate according to the circumstances. Clearly they wanted Allan, what Hibs were able to reveal was that they were offering the money in instalments. They were unable to up their offer significantly which would have enticed Hibs to part with their best player. Celtic have came in and offered similiar however with the addition of a couple of players which shows they value Allan higher.

Rangers clearly hoped they could do the deal aided and abetted with the media and former players piling on the pressure saying we should let him go.

All true.

And regardless of my disdain for Celtic (and Rangers), this is trolling of the highest order.

Chapeau.