Transfer Rumours - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The whole Scot Allan thing is the usual west coast media doing a favour to one of the ugly sisters Directors. Money on the scale promised by King hasn't transpired, so why not place a story trying to unsettle the best player from their biggest rival for the season ahead.

Seen it so many times before. As yet, no note of any offer having been made, but at least the Rangers fans have something to talk about rather than focusing in on the financial plight of their club.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Scot Allan thing is the usual west coast media doing a favour to one of the ugly sisters Directors. Money on the scale promised by King hasn't transpired, so why not place a story trying to unsettle the best player from their biggest rival for the season ahead.

Seen it so many times before. As yet, no note of any offer having been made, but at least the Rangers fans have something to talk about rather than focusing in on the financial plight of their club.

They did this with Lee Erwin in the week before the play off.

("They" being the press, not Rangers)

Spot on, you must be due to play them soon

Since too many on here talk about foreign fitba', I hear that Chicago Fire are in for Didier Drogba. Nice partner for the wee man.

Speaking of which, heard Maloney is out injured just now and still a few weeks away from a return?

Rangers would need to spent nearly 2 million to get Allan and may. They are a championship club. There is not a chance either of these guys (may especially will be on decent money) will be going to ibrox. None of the signings so far indicate rangers are going to spend big bucks.

He played most of the game on Saturday.

Rangers would need to spent nearly 2 million to get Allan and may. They are a championship club. There is not a chance either of these guys (may especially will be on decent money) will be going to ibrox. None of the signings so far indicate rangers are going to spend big bucks.

You'd get both for less than £1m.

Allan is out of contract in June next year and if Wednesday don't have a place for May then I can't see them looking for an excessive fee.

Not convinced that either will end up at Ibrox though.

Aberdeen still interested in May (I assume on loan) and have also heard a rumour linking Allan with Aberdeen though not sure how much I read into that one.

Nae chance it would be that much. I think Allan is a possibility. May highly unlikely though.

have also heard a rumour linking Allan with Aberdeen though not sure how much I read into that one.

No thanks. We don't need someone who can do a look-away pass and little else.

Bit harsh on him from what I've seen. Granted that's only 7 or 8 times.

Better option than Flood surely?

Completely different type of player.

He'd be competing for a place with McLean, Pawlett & Cammy Smith.

I'd rather have them that Allan. From what i've seen about him, i genuinely don't get the fuss about him.

Despite being a United supporter, I've not had much chance to watch him either cos he naffed off as soon as he could tie his own laces. Watched him slalom through the Dutch defence for the under 21s at St Mirren Park though, and he looks a player.

Fair one m8. As I say only seen him against us and the Edinburgh derby games. Plenty of ability IMO and always looked to get involved in the game. Saying that a few Hibbies on here were less than complimentary towards the end of last season, so the praise of him was maybe a bit over the top. True of any young-ish player we have up here that shows a bit of promise mind you.

Speaking of which, heard Maloney is out injured just now and still a few weeks away from a return?

Aye. He came back from Scotland duty injured. It's funny because the eejits here who don't know fitba' were giving him stick each week when they'd draw or sneak a win. Since he's been out they are losing every game. Daft Yanks are expecting him to score each game and not realising that's not his game.

I'm not sure I understand the occasional jibes against Rangers' signing policy thus far and, in particular, those comments about how much money the board are choosing/willing to spend. From my recollection (and I'll happily be proved wrong), our board have never committed a transfer budget to the public domain and therefore any accusations of underspending to date are subjective only.

As it happens, I'm encouraged by the 'off the radar' nature of most of our signings to date, with 4 commanding transfer fees (including Holt, assuming that materialises) to a total of circa £750k. Whilst obviously still greatly in excess of our Championship competitors, it has been refreshing as far as I am concerned, to see the signings in their teens and low 20s thereby potentially providing sell-on value...for a change. I would also hazard that considerable savings have been made to our wage budget too, perhaps freeing up funds for player transfer fees in lieu. Season tickets are also expected to sit at the 30-35k mark which brings in decent revenue.

From the accounts I read of last night's 1-0 loss to Burnley (I'm in Cyprus otherwise would have gone myself), we played well and had a 'build from the back' approach to our play. Also refreshing.

This will take time and I acknowledge that we may not be ready (or, frankly, bothered) for the Hibs game on Saturday (Warburton has already stated that his obvious priority is not the Petrofac Cup...) but from my perspective, I at least have some encouragement, for a change, and therefore don't really 'get' the ongoing, thinly-veiled criticisms of our current policy.

I'm not sure I understand the occasional jibes against Rangers' signing policy thus far and, in particular, those comments about how much money the board are choosing/willing to spend. From my recollection (and I'll happily be proved wrong), our board have never committed a transfer budget to the public domain and therefore any accusations of underspending to date are subjective only.

As it happens, I'm encouraged by the 'off the radar' nature of most of our signings to date, with 4 commanding transfer fees (including Holt, assuming that materialises) to a total of circa £750k. Whilst obviously still greatly in excess of our Championship competitors, it has been refreshing as far as I am concerned, to see the signings in their teens and low 20s thereby potentially providing sell-on value...for a change. I would also hazard that considerable savings have been made to our wage budget too, perhaps freeing up funds for player transfer fees in lieu. Season tickets are also expected to sit at the 30-35k mark which brings in decent revenue.

From the accounts I read of last night's 1-0 loss to Burnley (I'm in Cyprus otherwise would have gone myself), we played well and had a 'build from the back' approach to our play. Also refreshing.

This will take time and I acknowledge that we may not be ready (or, frankly, bothered) for the Hibs game on Saturday (Warburton has already stated that his obvious priority is not the Petrofac Cup...) but from my perspective, I at least have some encouragement, for a change, and therefore don't really 'get' the ongoing, thinly-veiled criticisms of our current policy.

I think King's comments of "we'll spend whatever it takes" have been interpreted by some as "we'll spunk millions" however if the players that the management want only cost £750K then that's what they'll spend. Like you I find it refreshing to see the type of player we're going for. While I think we still need to add to the squad, the model of bringing in young players with a potential sell on value is one we should have adopted in 2012. I can't confess to knowing too much about the likes of Foderingham, Kiernan, Tavernier et al however I'm prepared to give the manager the benefit of the doubt and it at least looks like he has plan in place as opposed to "get bodies in" model we've been used to in recent years.

I also reserve the right to brand them and him a bunch of haddies if we are 15 points behind Hibs come Christmas!!

Completely different type of player.

He'd be competing for a place with McLean, Pawlett & Cammy Smith.

I'd rather have them that Allan. From what i've seen about him, i genuinely don't get the fuss about him.

:-))

:-))

Feel free to tell me why Allan is so good... As far as i can see, he's 24 this year and has done hee haw apart from have one good year in the Scottish 2nd tier and was unable to do anything against a Rangers team that Lionel Ainsworth ripped the pish out of.

I think King's comments of "we'll spend whatever it takes" have been interpreted by some as "we'll spunk millions" however if the players that the management want only cost £750K then that's what they'll spend. Like you I find it refreshing to see the type of player we're going for. While I think we still need to add to the squad, the model of bringing in young players with a potential sell on value is one we should have adopted in 2012. I can't confess to knowing too much about the likes of Foderingham, Kiernan, Tavernier et al however I'm prepared to give the manager the benefit of the doubt and it at least looks like he has plan in place as opposed to "get bodies in" model we've been used to in recent years.

I also reserve the right to brand them and him a bunch of haddies if we are 15 points behind Hibs come Christmas!!

Is this the over investment king spoke of?