Chuka Amuna - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just listening to this knob on the Andrew Marr show. Absolutely clueless, boring, speaks gobbled-gook , another who refuses to see where Labour has gone wrong.

Then when asked about Scotland "First let me say Jim Murphy has done a fantastic job as leader".

Nearly fell off my seat laughing. And his is one of the guys being touted as the next leader of Labour while they contemplate moving even further to be pretend Tories.

It was less than a month ago that SNP chaps and chapettes were singing Mr Umunna's praises for getting Murphy "telt" on the budget. Fickle bunch you lot :wink2:

I'm singing his praises again this morning for fronting up that it was Labour themselves who allowed the Tories back into Downing street. Seems to be a point that quite a few Scottish Labour supporters are having a real struggle coming to terms with.

I'm singing his praises again this morning for fronting up that it was Labour themselves who allowed the Tories back into Downing street. Seems to be a point that quite a few Scottish Labour supporters are having a real struggle coming to terms with.

How on earth could anyone be confused by this??

232 + 56 < 331

Seems to be a point that quite a few Scottish Labour supporters are having a real struggle coming to terms with.

Neil Findlay especially. I used to respect him greatly, but he's been reduced to the hatred typical of Labour MSP's. Hoping that will change now he's resigned from the Scottish Cabinet, but probably not.

Ian Murray doesn't get it either.

No doubt wee Kez will be wheeled out on the Sunday Politics show trotting out the same line.

Until the branch office start looking inwardly and take on board the real cause of their defeat then they will be in the wilderness up her for a long long time. Laying bare their loathing for the SNP will simply strengthen the resolve of the electorate to keep Labour out.

Umanna's the epitome of the modern Labour politician. Very polished and well spoken, but ultimately doesn't say anything. All style over substance. There was a discussion about the Labour leadership on 5 Live this morning and some Labour woman that was on said that while he sounds good on the surface she has no idea what he stands for. Look for him to be elected then!

I have no idea of this guys background but he comes over as a polished career politician and utterly untrustworthy.

I've lost count of the times he's said "let's be clear here" and then blathered a load of bullshit.

If he is the new leader they'd be as well disbanding the party.

MSM bumming him up today - apparently favourite for the leadership. Just wonder who this robotic nobody of a politician will appeal to. Fantastic comnination - him and Jim Murphy . Be a very long time before Labour ever make a comeback in Scotland . I don't think they will - they are finished in Scotland.

Not saying this is a fact, but I've heard it said in the past that he was one of the millionaires in Labour's shadow cabinet. What he is, though, is another over-scripted, machine politician.

I personally think Tristram Hunt is the guy Labour will go for. At least he seems semi-human. But it's his telegenic similarity to Tony Blair that might land him the gig as leader.

I think all politicians should have a life outside of politics before they go for political office. I include the paisley SNP lady in that.

This guy is prob going to be the new leader of the Labour party and I wouldn't trust a word he says.

A lot of comments have been about how to position Labour to win another election. How about they have a think about their actual beliefs and what they would like to achieve by being in politics and start there. Far too many folk in it for the money and power That comes from office.

Does anyone else feel that if Labour get this guy as their new leader that is a further nail in their coffin due to his skin colour?

Am I being naive in thinking the majority of Labour voters are very 'British'?

I couldn't care less what anyone's skin colour is. This guy is bland, robotic, no substance or conviction at all and worst of all reckons Jim Murphy is doing a fantastic job - says everything about his perception and ignorance.

:wtf:

He's black.

I think that fact will turn a lot of Labour voters off.

Guess you think I'm wrong in that feeling? I don't have any facts to back up my thoughts but I'd guess that a huge percentage of Labour voters will be aged 60 plus?

It was less than a month ago that SNP chaps and chapettes were singing Mr Umunna's praises for getting Murphy "telt" on the budget. Fickle bunch you lot :wink2:

I just thought it was funny - was certainly not singing his praises. He is awful and there is no way he will connect with Scottish voters. Another middle class new Labour type with nothing about him.

Edited by Lamia

Best of a bad bunch possibly.

Burnham is a toseer

Cooper is dreadfully dull

Hunt is a tory

Harman is too opinionated and old

They should give it to Diane Abbott, at least she is presentable, likeable and has a good personality.