Lib Dems - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New leader gives me the creeps.

Channel4 asked him 3 times if he believed homosexual sex was a sin. The closest he came to answering it was to say that we are all sinners. Didn't think the libdems would be able to sink lower than Clegg but there you go

Farron is going to drag libdems down further. Thoroughly dislikable individual.

But he has a northern English accent, which means people will like him (according to Jim Wallace).

I see he's learning the ropes fast (although he does have a point about the civil liberties).

The fact I've been a member of 3 different parties is a stick that I'm beaten with on here fairly often, so let's clear it up:

Labour - I left following the Iraq war decision. Only a horrible would have stayed following that in my humble opinion.

SNP - I left following the Nato U-Turn and being told by Sturgeon from her mouth in Beith that the party and her favour Neoliberal economics. They're more than proving that now. Only a horrible would stay after that in my humble opinion.

SSP - I was ejected for publicly criticising the parties leaders decision to blindly rally behind Syriza. Just last week I got an email apologising and welcoming myself and the others back. They can whistle.

The fact I've been a member of 3 different parties is a stick that I'm beaten with on here fairly often, so let's clear it up:

Labour - I left following the Iraq war decision. Only a horrible would have stayed following that in my humble opinion.

SNP - I left following the Nato U-Turn and being told by Sturgeon from her mouth in Beith that the party and her favour Neoliberal economics. They're more than proving that now. Only a horrible would stay after that in my humble opinion.

SSP - I was ejected for publicly criticising the parties leaders decision to blindly rally behind Syriza. Just last week I got an email apologising and welcoming myself and the others back. They can whistle.

I think you and Tommy might have a lot in common. Could be the makings of a fantastic new party? :lol:

I'm not having a go but I don't understand how you can have believed enough to join 3 different parties.

I'm not a member of any party despite my support of the SNP.

I won't join a party until Scotland is Independent. I don't know if it'll be the SNP though as the decision to free the Libyan Bomber really ripped ma knitting. I'm still incredibly unhappy about that and told John Swinney when I met him in Renfrew not long before the election.

Once we are free I'll make my choice based on which party is closest to my personal beliefs.

I won't join until I'm sure my choice is suitable for me. I won't compromise on my beliefs so it's got to be a considered choice.

Are you going off half cooked Scunnered? ?

I'm not having a go but I don't understand how you can have believed enough to join 3 different parties.

I'm not a member of any party despite my support of the SNP.

I won't join a party until Scotland is Independent. I don't know if it'll be the SNP though as the decision to free the Libyan Bomber really ripped ma knitting. I'm still incredibly unhappy about that and told John Swinney when I met him in Renfrew not long before the election.

Once we are free I'll make my choice based on which party is closest to my personal beliefs.

I won't join until I'm sure my choice is suitable for me. I won't compromise on my beliefs so it's got to be a considered choice.

Are you going off half cooked Scunnered?

Being a member of a party has pretty much been the norm for me all my life. My old man had me involved in the local Labour branch from when I was about 5-6 and I was given a membership for my birthday when I was 14... Yes I realise now this was child abuse. :lol:. When I left Labour I was without a party but still involved in Amicus. I joined the SNP to campaign for a referendum and I joined the SSP predominantly to help in their £10 living wage campaign.

At the moment there isn't a party who is suitably... Not evil for me to join. Bar the commonists, but I'm too much of a smartarse for them.