Team, Manager And Player Of The Year. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team, Manager And Player Of The Year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiership:

Team - Aberdeen -Later changed to Celtic upon appeal

Manager - John Hughes - Later changed to Ronnie Delia upon appeal

Player - Adam Rooney - Later changed to Stefan Johansen upon appeal.

Top Flight

Team - ICT

Manager - John Hughes

Player - Adam Rooney

Championship

Team - Hearts

Manager - James Fowler

Player - Derek Lyle.

I'd agree with your top 2 in the top flight but reckon Johansen (sp) is a good shout for POTY.

In the Champ I'd be very surprised if Neilson doesn't get MOTY and think Scott Allan or Lee McCulloch will get POTY.

Prem team - ICT....3rd place and a possible cup win ?? On that budget ?? An absolute no-brainer.

Manager of the year - If ICT win the cup, then Yogi. I reckon it'll go to Deila though.

Player of the year - TBH, nobody jumps out this season. Rooney could well score 30 goals but I doubt he'll win it. The press seem to want Johansen for some reason, so it'll probably be him.

Champ team - Hearts

Manager - Robbie Neilson

Player - Haven't seen a lot of the Championship, but Scott Allan has stood out big time.

Prem team - ICT....3rd place and a possible cup win ?? On that budget ?? An absolute no-brainer.

Manager of the year - If ICT win the cup, then Yogi. I reckon it'll go to Deila though.

Player of the year - TBH, nobody jumps out this season. Rooney could well score 30 goals but I doubt he'll win it. The press seem to want Johansen for some reason, so it'll probably be him.

Champ team - Hearts

Manager - Robbie Neilson

Player - Haven't seen a lot of the Championship, but Scott Allan has stood out big time.

Hard to argue with any of that.

ICT should be team of the year, although Celtic will probably get it. Similarly Deila will get MOTY - even allowing for the lack of competition, a double in his first year won't be ignored. Couldn't say re POTY. In the Championship, Hearts and Neilson are certainties, Allan probably POTY.

McInnes or Hughes or the obvious candidates for Manager. How anyone can suggest Deila when he's still not managed to actually win the league with only four games to go. The English League could be decided first.

A good season for Celtic needs them to win the league with at least eight games to spare.

Rooney the only Aberdeen link that should stand a chance.

Delia has won two trophies (almost) and a semi final appearance.

The arguments for mcinnes is valid but his budget is far greater than john Hughes who is third in the league and likely to win the scottish cup.

Mcinnes would be third in my book.

Celtic obvious for team. You cant base it on what is expected.

Like saying Messi only scored 50 goals. Therefore shouldn't win ballon d'or because harry Kane scored 30 and is young and plays for Spurs.

Edited by wembley67lisbon

Celtic's budget is more than 6 times that of the team who will finish 2nd.

The 11 other clubs total budget will be similar to Celtic's.

Anything other than the treble is failure.

The league will be won by a lesser margin that last season. They should be winning the league without losing a game given the massive advantage they have.

The LC was arguably won on the back of removing 2 of the opposition's best players from the game.

Europe was a total embarrassment.

Adding all of that in I can't make a case for the team or manager.

POTY can however be a Celtic player irrespective of what trophies are won.

What if Wright overtakes Hughes to finish third and Falkirk win the final? Why should Hughes win it before Wright?

I haven't even noticed St Johnstone this year. ICT are third by a good distance and in the cup final, with possibly the smallest support (maybe Hamilton attract fewer) in the top division.

I haven't even noticed St Johnstone this year. ICT are third by a good distance and in the cup final, with possibly the smallest support (maybe Hamilton attract fewer) in the top division.

They're not really a good distance clear in third. Just now Saints are only 4 points behind ICT, despite being ridiculously inconsistent all season. If we beat them on Saturday, we'll only be a point behind them.

What if Wright overtakes Hughes to finish third and Falkirk win the final? Why should Hughes win it before Wright?

I like Wright. Continues to do very well with what he has (no disrespect intended). Comes across as a decent bloke too.