Karen Buckley - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Would seem that the guy she left with who initially wasnt a suspect has now been detained

Sad state of affairs

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/15/man-21-detained-connection-karen-buckley-disappearance-glasgow

Edited by Ally Bongo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im no Sherlock Holmes but it seemed likely that she has been drugged (does something out of character and leaves without jacket)

Secondly it's odd (although not unusual) that a guy would go to a nightclub with his car

Thirdly it's odd that he did not offer her a lift home or phone her a taxi

This is absolutely chilling. Poor girl - if it was him, it just seems to have happened so quickly. Off to the loo and never comes back.

Not commenting on this case, but in previous similar cases, such as with the Leeds girl (where the landlord was hounded as a suspect by the media initially for looking a little strange), the crime was premeditaeded. Not withstanding how they can live with themselves first and foremost but secondly, I wonder how these guys who are clearly not insane, think they will get ever away with it..............

Premeditated even.........

Edited by Return of Yermaw

Im no Sherlock Holmes but it seemed likely that she has been drugged (does something out of character and leaves without jacket)

Secondly it's odd (although not unusual) that a guy would go to a nightclub with his car

Did the police not say that the CCTV shows him approaching her outside the club from the other side of the street? All seems very strange.

I use to drive to clubs all the time. Worked early on a Sunday and couldn't face the hangovers any more.

When my mum said they had released the boy, i thought of the possibility of releasing him thne watching where he goes, as there is no known reason for the police to attend the areas they did.

All speculation, Tragic case.

When my mum said they had released the boy, i thought of the possibility of releasing him thne watching where he goes, as there is no known reason for the police to attend the areas they did.

All speculation, Tragic case.

They'd had reports of a silver/grey car "acting suspiciously" around that area and it was mentioned that there was a silver car parked outside his flat. Apparently it's also quite close to where his parents live so I assume that's been enough for them to go and have a look.

He allegedly told police that she left his flat at 4am and said no to a lift home to walk home, four miles away. The park her bag was found took her further away from her home. Clearly that was bollocks.

Terrible how anyone can do this, poor girl. :(

He allegedly told police that she left his flat at 4am and said no to a lift home to walk home, four miles away. The park her bag was found took her further away from her home. Clearly that was bollocks.

Terrible how anyone can do this, poor girl. :(

It's only about 2.5 miles walking straight along Great Western Rd so I don't think it's completely implausible that someone would decide to walk home. Assuming he is the guilty party I'd think he was going along the lines of someone snatching her after she left his and that's how the bag ended up where it did.

The thing that shocks me about this is the speed with which it's all happened. The first met at 1am and it looks like only a couple of hours later she's dead. Really shocking.

There are some horrible, bad bastards out there.

The thing is, I mind seeing a girl walking alone in the west end late at night and asked if she was okay. I was met with the response "Phuqq off, ya dirty pervert ".

As a result of the actions of scum, the good guys now think twice about helping vulnerable people.

Been with my wife for 13 years this year and never once have I put her in a position where she's had to make her own way home. Have seen me walking some distance just to go and meet her and walk her up the road.

Just not worth the chance. They're maybe only a tiny minority of the population but you never know when one of these sick s is out there.

Been with my wife for 13 years this year and never once have I put her in a position where she's had to make her own way home. Have seen me walking some distance just to go and meet her and walk her up the road.

Just not worth the chance. They're maybe only a tiny minority of the population but you never know when one of these sick cockwombles is out there.

Very sensible.Always try to do the same.

Just not worth the chance. They're maybe only a tiny minority of the population but you never know when one of these sick cockwombles is out there.

Yup. Always done the same with any lassie i've been going out with.