Gordon Seat - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flumax

I'm in Gordon. Was at a public meeting last week headed be AS.

It very much is touch and go. Libdem campaigning on the motto, Salmond out. whilst tory and labour councillors have said people should tactically vote out salmond. People really are marmite round here with eck.

I don't think he'll get it, home I'm wrong

From todays Herald.

However, despite Ms Jardine's confidence, polls have indicated that Mr Salmond remains on course to win the seat. YouGov modelling suggests that the SNP will win between 36 per cent and 47 per cent of the vote, with the LibDems on course to win a maximum of 29 per cent.

A Lord Ashcroft constituency poll, published in January, also gave Mr Salmond a strong lead, with 43 per cent compared to 26 per cent for the LibDems.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/lib-dem-battling-alex-salmond-says-shell-send-ex-fm-a-thank-you-note-for-.123050014

Thinking this could be a sore one on what will be a very good night for the SNP. If there's a seat where people will be motivated to vote tactically, it's this one. Hope I'm wrong but also have a feeling this will be one seat of a few that temper SNP celebrations. Another reason we won't see more than 45 seats... No way every seat will happen to fall in favour of SNP.

Why anyone would vote Lib Dem anymore is beyond me. Their getting in bed with the Tories must have alienated many former supporters and I don't know what Jardine is like but when the likes of Danny Alexander's the best they can muster you do worry for the sanity of anyone who'll vote for them.

Well given we had a guy from a house with an SNP Salmond poster in the window come out of the house and throw the SNP leaflet we put through the door out into his garden I am a tad worried!! :unsure:

Edited by Lamia

Salmond is hated by all Unionists. Detested.

I suspect that this will be the only seat in Scotland where tactical voting will have any effect, and I have a feeling that the LibDems will hold it.

Guest flumax

I have an acquaintance who is actually running the tory campaign in gordon, he thinks its between the snp and torys

brilliant. Hope they slit each others throat. Everything I hear is get behind Libdem if your a unionist

Bookies have Salmond at 1/16 to win this seat.

Given that was the odds most bookies were giving after the polls closed on 18/9, they are not usually wrong.

Here's hoping. However, can look at it two ways - Eck was a shoe in for the Holyrood seat of Aberdeenshire East which I think takes in large parts of Gordon. Or the flip side - too many fermer Nawbags up there who will ditch their principles simply to keep the Nats out.