Polls - Page 36 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can anyone on here who canvasses for the Snp back up the polls or as most think are they a little too much optimistic? I seen a lad on twitter saying a third of conservitive voters in e.renfrewshire intend voting labour to keep out the snp

I've been out a fair bit (Glasgow South). Harris'll be oot on his unionist arse.

So can anyone on here who canvasses for the Snp back up the polls or as most think are they a little too much optimistic? I seen a lad on twitter saying a third of conservitive voters in e.renfrewshire intend voting labour to keep out the snp

The feedback i am getting is that it is definitely happening.Very difficult to gauge a percentage though ,but it will cost the SNP a few seats IMO.However also making people angry and some Labour and Liberals now say they are voting SNP.I think the fall out from this might carry on to the Scottish elections next year .

Was he carrying a piano stool or other random musical accessory? Did you beep him?

:lol:

No, but I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if he'd had a piano strapped to the boot.

He was level with me before I could confirm it was him (I was stopped at the lights and he passed me by heading in the opposite direction).

The auld dear treated me to lunch at the White Cart. Didn't see you - apologies. I'd have flashed my lights, but the electric shock wisna worth the hassle!

I'd already had an electric shock - 80 quid for a new battery earlier - the perils of ultra low-mileage motoring.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I found the Survation/Daily Record datasets for ScotGoesPop:

A few interesting points:

Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes - 45.8%
No - 46.9%
DK - 7.2%

Yes - 49.4%
No - 50.6%

If there was a referendum ... on whether the UK should remain a member of the European Union, how do you think you would vote?
Stay In - 52.5%
Leave - 26.5%
DK - 21.0%

Stay In - 66.5%
Leave - 33.5%

I found the Survation/Daily Record datasets for ScotGoesPop:

A few interesting points:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes - 45.8%

No - 46.9%

DK - 7.2%

Yes - 49.4%

No - 50.6%

If there was a referendum ... on whether the UK should remain a member of the European Union, how do you think you would vote?

Stay In - 52.5%

Leave - 26.5%

DK - 21.0%

Stay In - 66.5%

Leave - 33.5%

Who was polled?

From my kneck of the woods in bannf and buchan,the conservatives seem to be pushing extremely hard, they have sign posts everywhere,,,, it has been safe snp my whole life, i hope that doesnt change after this election,,,anyone know of the area has been polled?

From my kneck of the woods in bannf and buchan,the conservatives seem to be pushing extremely hard, they have sign posts everywhere,,,, it has been safe snp my whole life, i hope that doesnt change after this election,,,anyone know of the area has been polled?

No current SNP areas have been polled. I fear places like Moray, Banff & Buchan and Angus could be lost - very large no voting areas.

No current SNP areas have been polled. I fear places like Moray, Banff & Buchan and Angus could be lost - very large no voting areas.

They say the bookies aren't often wrong and a quick check of the odds for those seats would suggest we should be OK. I hope.

I don't think we'll lose any of those seats. Angus will definitely not go Tory. I don't know enough about the other two.

Same with the Western Isles, Dundee East and Perth.

Most predictors have Western Isles having ths strongest percentage of SNP vote with Dundee East second.

By coincidence I came across this - coverage of 1979 election, when SNP were routed in exactly those areas, as they turned Tory, and lost 9 out of 11 seats - never to be as high as 11 again

The bit is from 1:09

The commentator implies the loss was due to voting down a Labour government...

Edited by exile

New Scottish @YouGov Poll...

SNP: 49% (-)

LAB: 26% (+1)

CON: 15% (-2)

LIB: 7% (+2)

UKP: 2% (-1)

GRN: 1% (-)

On uniform swing

SNP 54 seats

Lab 4

LD 1

Con 0

Margin of error changes then. Hopefully this result is replicated on Thursday.

Just read through them all. There are some absolutely huge Labour majorities in that lot, still find it hard to think the SNP will take as many seats as being predicted. Think some of the names I'd love to see out of a job might survive (sadly). Tom Clarke losing a 21k majority must be unheard of, even if it's predicted as a narrow marginal seat.

Edited by Souness' 'tache