Polls - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would be surprised given that Clegg is hotly tipped to lose his Sheffield Hallam seat. If he goes then God knows how the rest of them will hang on.

I am just guessing like other folk are. I will be very surprised if SNP get more than 30 seats. I still think it's more likely to be around 20. I will be very surprised if LDs get less than 20. So, I think it will be pretty close between the two parties.

I am just guessing like other folk are. I will be very surprised if SNP get more than 30 seats. I still think it's more likely to be around 20. I will be very surprised if LDs get less than 20. So, I think it will be pretty close between the two parties.

I don't get your reasoning. As I've said before, I don't see any reason why the SNP vote shouldn't be huge - a GE is not an independence referendum so there's no life-changing risks involved, and the electors of Scotland, unlike those in England, have a viable alternative to the parties comprising an unpopular government and a Labour party that is doing its damnedest to appear unelectable. I can see the Lib-Dems being decimated.

Orraloon - I'm guessing that you are tempering expectation, which is totally understandable. I for one don't believe the SNP will get 50plus seats as some polls are suggesting. The bookies are offering odds of 11/10 for 40-45 seats tops and the bookies aren't usually wrong. I think the final figure will be 40 seats

Even 30 seats would still be a massive result although you'll get the usual apologists within MSM saying that such a result would be disaster given some of the opinion polls.

However, hoping that, as Donny says, there is no reason for a huge SNP vote and wipe the fukkers out.

Just caught a wee bit on State Broadcaster 24 hour news - different journalists from around the world discussing politics. Subject turns to SNP and the topic of future independence. English guy who works for German magazine says its just as well for Scotland that they voted no otherwise with oil price Scotland would be going cap in hand to IMF - another journalist emphasises that - no counteract from State Broadcaster presenter either.

Watching ll this ignorant guff about politics is making me angrier than Mario watching Question Time.

Scotland on Sunday is awful today. Full of anti-SNP pish, lies, scare stories and random shite.

I saw that. I used to buy and read the Scotsman and get the SOS just about every week. Can't stand the paper now. Only ever look online sometimes for the sport or just to see the comments of some of the deluded unionists all bigging each other up with anti SNP rhetoric.

Just caught a wee bit on State Broadcaster 24 hour news - different journalists from around the world discussing politics. Subject turns to SNP and the topic of future independence. English guy who works for German magazine says its just as well for Scotland that they voted no otherwise with oil price Scotland would be going cap in hand to IMF - another journalist emphasises that - no counteract from State Broadcaster presenter either.

Watching ll this ignorant guff about politics is making me angrier than Mario watching Question Time.

Didn't see that, dont need to as its so frequent anyway. I cannot imagine another western democracy being pissed on by these bastsrds with no right of reply.

Do these idiots actually believe the shhit or is sniggering at Scotland's expense OK?

I don't get your reasoning. As I've said before, I don't see any reason why the SNP vote shouldn't be huge - a GE is not an independence referendum so there's no life-changing risks involved, and the electors of Scotland, unlike those in England, have a viable alternative to the parties comprising an unpopular government and a Labour party that is doing its damnedest to appear unelectable. I can see the Lib-Dems being decimated.

Just my natural Scottish pessimism. We are not genetically programmed to be optimistic. :wink2:

And, I don't believe that opinion polls are designed to measure behaviour, they are designed to modify behaviour.

And, there are far more Tories in Scotland than a lot of folk realise. They hate the SNP more than Labour.

Of course, I hope I am wrong about all this. Time will tell.