Stv Debate - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no. I disagree.

It must be Nicola who gets this in first and she needs to go in hard. This and war-mongering Labour is Murphy's biggest weakness. She should smack him hard with because it's the most likely thing to rile him. Tuition fees is her strongest card tonight and Sturgeon needs to make sure it's her that plays it.

Aye, I can see where you are coming from but I think Nicola is doing a good job of putting herself across as one of the few reasonable and sensible politicians that we have. I think she should try to portray herself as the woman who can try to stop those fannies at Westminster from behaving like infantile public school boys. She should leave the personal mud slinging to somebody else.

Aye, I can see where you are coming from but I think Nicola is doing a good job of putting herself across as one of the few reasonable and sensible politicians that we have. I think she should try to portray herself as the woman who can try to stop those fannies at Westminster from behaving like infantile public school boys. She should leave the personal mud slinging to somebody else.

Fair point in there, but It's not mud-slinging. Murphy's form on tuition fees is pretty appalling. And she's the one leader who can say her party supports free tuition - she needs to make that clear. And in the process, forcing the others to justify their stance.

Fair point in there, but It's not mud-slinging. Murphy's form on tuition fees is pretty appalling. And she's the one leader who can say her party supports free tuition - she needs to make that clear. And in the process, forcing the others to justify their stance.

Aye, somebody needs to do it. Sounds like a job for Big Eck. This would be right up his street.

Its going to be 3 against one. The unionists wont be able to stop themselves.

As long as she stays calm and sticks to the script, this will work in her favour. Nobody likes to see somebody getting ganged up on. Especially when she is a lovely as oor Nicola.

Its going to be 3 against one. The unionists wont be able to stop themselves.

The problem for Murphy is from a Labour perspective Davidson and Rennie's parties are who they have been opposing in government. I can see ganging up taking place from all angles...

Aye, somebody needs to do it. Sounds like a job for Big Eck. This would be right up his street.

Indeed Eck should be brought out to highlight past dodginess and really dish out a kicking in it, will the FM should concentrate on building consensus with the population about how we go about things in the future. She should be more forward thnking and positive.

Murphy's tactic so far for this election has been:

- Say "Vote SNP, get Tory"

- Campaign on issues that are devolved to the Scottish Parliament and therefore have little relevance to this election; and

- Say "The biggest party forms the Government"

None of these have had any effect in improving Labour's fortunes in the polls. Yet Murphy and SLab have stuck with them.

I've little doubt that Murphy will make an absolute clown of himself this evening.

He's standing in my constituency. I'm torn between voting properly or writing "is a bigoted khunt" after where is says "David Coburn" on the ballot paper.

Coburn is UKIP's voice of reason in Scotland compared to this zoomer:

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/04/06/coatbridge-ukip-candidate-supports-fascism-thinks-salmond-is-a-silly-alcoholic-wifebeater/

I used to think i was the only one that read a thousandflowers, then Bzzzz linked to it last year. Pretty good, has a good piece on all the homophobes in the SNP as well.